Upper Cumberland Basketball..get ITT

Alumn89

henderson is 6'6 now and has put on alot of muscle. he is a beast. played with some of the best in the nation this summer. he is dunking often. rit now 2 d1 want him and a d2 and one big school is inquiring as we speak. before it's all said in done if he don't get hurt he will go to the biggest college any boy has gone to from white county. mark it down. not to many 6'6 guards out there. 

There are quite a few 6'5 and 6'6 guard/fowards out there actually. Watch any SEC, ACC, BIG 10 game...  I can't comment on his height as I have not seen him since this summer but he wasn't 6'6 then.  I'm glad he can dunk. But then again, its just 2 points. 

What, IYO, is the biggest college any boy has gone too from White Co?  I know of Brent Jolley to Tech, but not any bigger than that, but my history doesn't go that far back.  

I think the OVC or Southern Conference would be impressive for him.  I hope he does do that.  I'd love for Tech to go after him hard.  Need more talent to stay around.  

I like the Henderson kid a lot, said I think he could end up being the best player in the district. But there are a lot of 6'6" ish guards in TN basketball. Both big kids at Stone are around 6'5" and both are really College shooting guards/small forwards. 

What TCB said... 

Nothing against him at all...I just said I hope Tech recruits him???  I just thing you have biased eyes is all. I mean is it impossible for him to go SEC? yea, anything is possible.  I just haven't seen that from him yet.  No knock on him, he is a good player

Edited by Alumn89

Usually if a kid is a high D-1 prospect he is getting recruited pretty hard by his junior year. Hopefully he will get stronger and quicker these next 2 years and make that happen. He will stand out in the upper cumberland area for sure, but this spring and summer travel circuit will really help him as far as getting noticed by some big time schools. He has got the basketball body and length those coaches want. Probably will get recruited as a stretch 3 or 4 player. 

He Is a good player, especially in the UC area. But there are 50-75 just like him in the Memphis area alone.

I don't know that there are 50-75, but you are right that there are al lot more and there should be. there are almost 3/4 of a million people in Memphis itself, nearly double that in the Metro Memphis area. The UC area doesn't have a 1/8 of that in it.

The upper cumberland is spitting out it's share of next level athletes. Not Memphis-area D-1 level but a lot of kids are getting their education paid for. The Henderson kid will for sure play college ball, Stone has 4 playing college ball now, with 3 more going next year. Livingston has the Ramsey kid at Tech, his brother went to Lee. Cumberland County HS has a kid at Bryan with his younger brother weighing his options. Cookeville has a commitment to Carson-Newman. Not sure how many are playing from the team last year. Clarkrange has a 6'8'' kid that will surely get some calls. This would be a good thread to start because I'm sure there are a lot more. Feel free to add players that I haven't mentioned.

Im not sure about any of Cookeville's graduating seniors last year either... I heard a few tried to play some places but I don't know of any that ever worked out.  Shame really... There were at least a couple that easily could have played NAIA/D2 if they had wanted. 

Other than that, I know the Hill boy from Cookeville is still at Tech as well.   Chase dunn from LA went to tech, then to lee and I don't think he is playing now?  Crismond?(Spelling) from Coffee co came to Tech as a walk on , but I didn't see him at the intrasquad thing they put on. Might have quit  

I hope Ramsey can develop his first couple years at TTU.  I'd love to see more and more UC kids come here.  

Im not sure about any of Cookeville's graduating seniors last year either... I heard a few tried to play some places but I don't know of any that ever worked out.  Shame really... There were at least a couple that easily could have played NAIA/D2 if they had wanted. 

Other than that, I know the Hill boy from Cookeville is still at Tech as well.   Chase dunn from LA went to tech, then to lee and I don't think he is playing now?  Crismond?(Spelling) from Coffee co came to Tech as a walk on , but I didn't see him at the intrasquad thing they put on. Might have quit  

I hope Ramsey can develop his first couple years at TTU.  I'd love to see more and more UC kids come here.  

Talent is important, but getting kids into programs that can use their talents translates into success.