Gerry Bertier's Final 4a Playoff Prediction After Week 10

Gerry Bertier

My crystal ball became clear this afternoon and here is what I foresee happening. Remember this is my projection and upsets could throw a wrench into it but I think this will be pretty dang close come Saturday morning. If you have any questions please let me know.

Quad of Death

1 Fulton 10-0

8 Unicoi Co.4-6

4 Carter 9-1

5 Elizabethton 8-2

3 Greenville 10-0

6 Grainger 5-5

2 Sullivan South 10-0

7 Scott Co. 7-3

Sacrificial Semi-Final Lamb

1 Hixson 8-2

8 Chattanooga Central 4-6

4 Sequoyah 8-2

5 Catholic 7-3

3 Giles Co. 8-2

6 DeKalb Co. 7-3

2 Signal Mountain 7-3

7 East Ridge 5-5

Enjoy Pearl's Band while you are there quad

1 Pearl Cohn 9-1

8 Maplewood 4-6

4 Liberty Tech 6-4

5 Greenbrier 7-3

3 Lexington 8-2

6 Page 5-5

2 White House 9-1

7 Marshall Co. 4-6

Wild,Wild West

1 Trezevant 9-1

8 Haywood Co. 6-4

4 Crockett Co. 8-2

5 Craigmont 7-3

3 Covington 8-2

6 Chester Co. 4-6

2 Dyersburg 9-1

7 Northside 8-2

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unicoi @ Fulton....That's going to leave a mark. The Unicoi / Central game will be important for them and South's seeding. The Cherokee / Seymour game may also be pivotal for South's seeding. Really close on tiebreakers. And TSSAA, let's not forget about that out of state win over Gate City this year. And Gate City has won more than 1/2 their games.

Gerry can you explain how unicoi co gets in at 4-6? And if they don't get in would that put Knox catholic back in quad 1?

They get in due to tiebreaker over Bolivar who will be the only 4 win team to be staying home.

as of noon today...tssaa has chester in quad 3 and liberty in quad 4 gerry

also...ur current quad 4 has 3 district winners and 3 runner ups right???  thats the only way i see ur seeding working

crockett ru

craigmont ru

chester ru...correct???

The TSSAA is so inconsistent with placing teams in quads. Here is the 2011 playoffs where Liberty was in 3 and Chester in 4. http://www.tssaa.org/2011Champions/StateFootball/4ABracket.htm

I am thinking Giles may go West over Marshall Co. now, I wish they would be consistent from year to year but as Giles Co. knows they make it up as they go. 

You are correct about the runner ups in Quad 4.

Unicoi @ Fulton....That's going to leave a mark. The Unicoi / Central game will be important for them and South's seeding. The Cherokee / Seymour game may also be pivotal for South's seeding. Really close on tiebreakers. And TSSAA, let's not forget about that out of state win over Gate City this year. And Gate City has won more than 1/2 their games.

I am including Gate City, Greeneville is only going to have 3 teams, Sullivan South 4 teams, and Fulton 5 or 6 teams.

Are cherokee or Seymor either one even 4A?

Here is the revised quad since the TSSAA can't stay consistent on anything. All that happened would be Chester and Liberty switching places. Liberty loses a home game while Chester picks one up.

Enjoy Pearl's Band while you are there quad

1 Pearl Cohn 9-1

8 Maplewood 4-6

4 Chester Co. 4-6

5 Greenbrier 7-3

3 Lexington 8-2

6 Page 5-5

2 White House 9-1

7 Marshall Co. 4-6

Wild,Wild West

1 Trezevant 9-1

8 Haywood Co. 6-4