Basketball (Chattanooga)

winning1

Pounder alumni and fans lets get the Pounders in the district tournament with a high seed and win it. Pounderfan1 and AAU basketball we all need to pull together and get every fan behind this team. Matter of fact all athletics at the school needs our support. Look I am just an ordinary alumni that pulls for the school and kids. They have a chance to be good in basketball, and football, baseball, softball, track and everything else they have offered if we all give our support and show the kids we are behind them. GO POUNDERS. Lets win this tournament. Both of the young men you represent are good players and will get better. Come tourney time Pounders should roll.

Edited by pounderfan1

Pounderfan1, I agree and I was brought into this also. I am here to support Central High and its students or athletes. Still believe in this school and programs. The school still has the name and regardless of what some think it does have a rich heritage. Regardless of how some people feel that school will also be apart of them. They will always be Central Alumni. As Jerry Summers said at the Hall of Fame " There is only one Central and it is here."

Edited by Pounder1

Only two(2) more weeks left in the regular season and everyone starts back at "square-one".

District 6-AA (seeds)are still up for grabs(even though Tyner has the inside track) due to the remaining games that must be played. A summary of standings are below:

1. Tyner (8-0) remaining Hixson, Red Bank, Brainerd, Central

2. Brainerd(8-1) E.Ridge, Hixson, Tyner

3. E.Ridge (5-4) Brainerd, Red Bank, Howard

4. Central (4-5) Hixson, Red Bank, Tyner

5. Red Bank(3-5) E.Ridge, Central, Tyner, Howard

6. Hixson(1-7) Brainerd, Tyner, Central (the Howard game was not reported on CoachT)

7. Howard (1-8) E.Ridge, Red Bank (Hixson game not reported)

East Ham needs a new coach ASAP. Kenny and Matt look like scrubs and they played awful. My guards had a field day pickin pockets. Also Cleveland gave Bradley their first district loss so it's wide open agsin..

It is almost funny how bad he coaches his team. They aren't running an offense or defense that reflects the talent his players have. I think the team has a lot of talent, although it is young, it is still good potential D1 in a few years. East Ham may want to take a serious look into finding a new coach.

Not saying that Ooltewah is coached much better though. From my own experience, former player, Montgomery (the kinda interim coach) is not a respectable candidate to replace Nayadley.