Basketball (Chattanooga)

winning1

This had to be a good game..still waiting to hear from McCentral's only fan who commented the other day("log cabin man")..just to get his take on the outcome!!

Here I am my brother.  Officiating played a part in this one, not that they were bad, but they let em play which played into a very atheletic team.  MCentral did not have a great night, this was due to the quickness and a defense Chatt Central played that gave problems.  32 and 24 from MCentral had off nights which is the inside presence.  32 is usually a lock down defensive player, but is licking an ankle injury which should be better by tomorrow.  MC did not shoot well against Chatt. Central.  They will be a solid team next year.  You can't say MC is not a good team.  They are 21-4 and their last loss was to Walker Valley without a starter who would have made a difference.  I agree the speed of Chattangooga teams is very different from the Knoxville teams that have advanced so far, these are all clubs that MCentral have beaten.  CAK beat Fulton, a favorite to be seen at the Boro'.  MCentral beat them by 30.  We'll see,

Here I am my brother.  Officiating played a part in this one, not that they were bad, but they let em play which played into a very atheletic team.  MCentral did not have a great night, this was due to the quickness and a defense Chatt Central played that gave problems.  32 and 24 from MCentral had off nights which is the inside presence.  32 is usually a lock down defensive player, but is licking an ankle injury which should be better by tomorrow.  MC did not shoot well against Chatt. Central.  They will be a solid team next year.  You can't say MC is not a good team.  They are 21-4 and their last loss was to Walker Valley without a starter who would have made a difference.  I agree the speed of Chattangooga teams is very different from the Knoxville teams that have advanced so far, these are all clubs that MCentral have beaten.  CAK beat Fulton, a favorite to be seen at the Boro'.  MCentral beat them by 30.  We'll see,

Brainerd's post players are pretty good. One of the starters might be missing due to being ejected during the 6-AA Championship game. (got to check if ejection is 1 or 2 games) In my opinion they will still have the advantage down low. Not so sure about who will have the advantage in guard play.( haven't seen McCentral's ). Any team that wins more than 20 games is a very good team and at this time of the year anything can happen. Both semifinal games should be good.(Looks like all 4 teams go about 7 or 8 deep)

Brainerd's post players are pretty good. One of the starters might be missing due to being ejected during the 6-AA Championship game. (got to check if ejection is 1 or 2 games) In my opinion they will still have the advantage down low. Not so sure about who will have the advantage in guard play.( haven't seen McCentral's ). Any team that wins more than 20 games is a very good team and at this time of the year anything can happen. Both semifinal games should be good.(Looks like all 4 teams go about 7 or 8 deep)

No doubt the gaurd play of MCentral is the stregnth.  Post do not score a lot but they are strong kids that don't get pushed around much.  As I said earlier the post got frustrated because any time they got the ball it became very physical.  Like I said it was that ways for both teams in the Chatt. Central game which played into the hands of the Pounders.  I expect a good game.  I have said it before, this MCentral team may be better than last years sub-state team.  I think MCentral was really tight in the Chatt. Cent. game and if the game is cleaned up a bit I think it plays into the hands of the Chargers.  I agree anything can happen and I think the Chatt. team records are scewed due to beating up on each other.  Them boys can play!

No doubt the gaurd play of MCentral is the stregnth.  Post do not score a lot but they are strong kids that don't get pushed around much.  As I said earlier the post got frustrated because any time they got the ball it became very physical.  Like I said it was that ways for both teams in the Chatt. Central game which played into the hands of the Pounders.  I expect a good game.  I have said it before, this MCentral team may be better than last years sub-state team.  I think MCentral was really tight in the Chatt. Cent. game and if the game is cleaned up a bit I think it plays into the hands of the Chargers.  I agree anything can happen and I think the Chatt. team records are scewed due to beating up on each other.  Them boys can play!

Will be a tough game for the "RAMS", as well..playing on E.Ridge's home court. Good thing(depending on how you look at it) is the the officials are from out of town! I favor when they let them play!

Will be a tough game for the "RAMS", as well..playing on E.Ridge's home court. Good thing(depending on how you look at it) is the the officials are from out of town! I favor when they let them play!

In our district they call it tight.  This was my point about the let em play officiating Saturday.  The crew was from knoxville.  I think the calling will be tighter tomorrow, which IMO plays into the hands of MCentral.  All of your district teams were pretty close this year, correct?

In our district they call it tight.  This was my point about the let em play officiating Saturday.  The crew was from knoxville.  I think the calling will be tighter tomorrow, which IMO plays into the hands of MCentral.  All of your district teams were pretty close this year, correct?

Just depends what you call close. Central loss a 1-point to Tyner and a 4-pt. to Brainerd. (both were away games for the Pounders) Check out the schedules on CoachT. The other games were not so close. Central and ERidge were close. Hopefully they(ref's) won't call "ticky-tac" fouls. During the regular season, it just depends on the crew that particular night. Some would let em play others not so much!

Just depends what you call close. Central loss a 1-point to Tyner and a 4-pt. to Brainerd. (both were away games for the Pounders) Check out the schedules on CoachT. The other games were not so close. Central and ERidge were close. Hopefully they(ref's) won't call "ticky-tac" fouls. During the regular season, it just depends on the crew that particular night. Some would let em play others not so much!

Do you see any common opponents?

Do you see any common opponents?

Brainerd played Sequoyah on Jan. 21 and beat them by 19 pts. Other than this past weekend I don't see any other common opponents! McCentral played them the previous Friday and won by the same margin but the only difference was that Brainerd held them to 36 pts. And Chargers let them score 62. It's beginning to look like Panthers defense vs Chargers offense!

Brainerd played Sequoyah on Jan. 21 and beat them by 19 pts. Other than this past weekend I don't see any other common opponents! McCentral played them the previous Friday and won by the same margin but the only difference was that Brainerd held them to 36 pts. And Chargers let them score 62. It's beginning to look like Panthers defense vs Chargers offense!

Good deal, looks to be some good games.  Good luck and hope to see MCentral-Tyner matchup on Thursday.