Basketball (Chattanooga)

winning1

Sorry Quack. I just had a brain fart. I know that Stone Mountain is in Georgia. My bad.

It's ok. We get it all the time, not just you. We beat maryville hs twice this year at their place and their local paper called us the same thing. When Jones was at Alcoa and was on tv every week, he did the same thing. It's a running joke, but every now and then it hits a nerve.

Central almost made it a 6-AA sweep. Score was 64-61. Pounder fans give us the 411 on how the game was handled. It's on to ERidge on Tuesday. Brainerd vs McCentral at 6pm followed by the

Tyner/ E.Ridge game.

once again winning1 has know clue what he is talking about. with central fixing there in house problems this week before the game it was a different team who showed up tonight. thank god!! it was a great game by both teams close game all the way to the buzzer. at halftime it was 32-32. with three minutes to go central was up by 3 61-58. fouled a guy shooting a three 2 minutes and some change left central leading by 61-60. they made a lay up to take the lead 62-61. then ref made made a bad call but other then that refs called a darn good game. they made some free throw 64-61.shot a desperation three missed it at the buzzer. but to many second chance points killed us in this game. probably the lowest turnover game central had played all year. the best coach game by coach rogers all year. really the first time central looked like a team and was having funny since back when they first beat east ridge and played close with brainerd. you can read the newspaper for box score's. jamike poole lead the way with 16 tre tiller had 13 or 14 only missed one free throw out of probably 5. teron hayes had 8 or 9. over all good game it just wasn't our day to win. the young pounders should hold there head up high. mcminn central  is well coach and have two or three good players. not very tall think they will have trouble with moore down low. he should have his way down low with them know body to guard him. brainerd and tyner for region championship. 

p.s i think my pounders will be the favorite in the city next year. 

good luck to the rest of the chattanooga teams cheering for you guys!

once again winning1 has know clue what he is talking about. with central fixing there in house problems this week before the game it was a different team who showed up tonight. thank god!! it was a great game by both teams close game all the way to the buzzer. at halftime it was 32-32. with three minutes to go central was up by 3 61-58. fouled a guy shooting a three 2 minutes and some change left central leading by 61-60. they made a lay up to take the lead 62-61. then ref made made a bad call but other then that refs called a darn good game. they made some free throw 64-61.shot a desperation three missed it at the buzzer. but to many second chance points killed us in this game. probably the lowest turnover game central had played all year. the best coach game by coach rogers all year. really the first time central looked like a team and was having funny since back when they first beat east ridge and played close with brainerd. you can read the newspaper for box score's. jamike poole lead the way with 16 tre tiller had 13 or 14 only missed one free throw out of probably 5. teron hayes had 8 or 9. over all good game it just wasn't our day to win. the young pounders should hold there head up high. mcminn central  is well coach and have two or three good players. not very tall think they will have trouble with moore down low. he should have his way down low with them know body to guard him. brainerd and tyner for region championship. 

Thanks for the good report, "pounderfan1". I also think Central will be the team to beat next year. Starters and bench will be experienced. Central may have exposed some of the Chargers faults. Thanks again for the details!

Best played game of the year for Central Pounders they played a great game. They are a young team that battled hard throughout the season. Right before this game they dropped some dead weight and was able to play a much better game. They should be the team to watch for the next couple of years.

McMinn was a great team with hardworkers that got the victory.. shooters are #1, #3, #12

Bring home a State Championship Tyner or Brainerd!!!!!!

Ballersmom14 and Pounderfan1 agree with both of u. Team looks like they may have improved a lot when they corrected a problem they had and played great together. Team will be back and I do believe Coach Rogers coached a great game. Now Tyner and Brainerd lets get it done and Brainerd girls bring some hardwire home to Chattanooga.

OF course your happy your brother was the leading scorer, we watch you tell your brother he needed 6 more points to be the leading scorer, not caring about the team, it will be the same next year Coach Roger coach his butt off tonight like he did at Tyner the first time, but this team need to be a team instead of about scoring. Mcminn is not that good I would compare them to Red Bank in Talent just well coach, So this should have been a win, This was the first game I got to see Mcminn play but a loss is ok with you has long has your brother is the leading scorer.  See ya next year, and good luck to Roger and the young pounders for next year there is no excuse.

OF course your happy your brother was the leading scorer, we watch you tell your brother he needed 6 more points to be the leading scorer, not caring about the team, it will be the same next year Coach Roger coach his butt off tonight like he did at Tyner the first time, but this team need to be a team instead of about scoring. Mcminn is not that good I would compare them to Red Bank in Talent just well coach, So this should have been a win, This was the first game I got to see Mcminn play but a loss is ok with you has long has your brother is the leading scorer.  See ya next year, and good luck to Roger and the young pounders for next year there is no excuse.

Dang you got 3 accounts on here now ballermoms14 , Chattaboogie and pounder, but I do think they played better tonight without that dead weight has you say, but again will be the same next year. obvious getting rid of the dead wieght didn't help to much ya still lost. :mrgreen:

Edited by winning1

Dang you got 3 accounts on here now ballermoms14 , Chattaboogie and pounder, but I do think they played better tonight without that dead weight has you say, but again will be the same next year. obvious getting rid of the dead wieght didn't help to much ya still lost. :mrgreen:

loolllllllll. dude is a real joke. know he mad because we all are taking up for our team instead and telling the truth of what actually happen. no one really told what the problem was at central just said it was gone away form the team. BUT A HIT DOG WILL HOLLER. earlier this week we were going to lose by 25 to mcminn central now there talented is compare to red bank. lol. glad you gone man. what a headache you are!!!!!! see you around to finish this convo later!!!!

loolllllllll. dude is a real joke. know he mad because we all are taking up for our team instead and telling the truth of what actually happen. no one really told what the problem was at central just said it was gone away form the team. BUT A HIT DOG WILL HOLLER. earlier this week we were going to lose by 25 to mcminn central now there talented is compare to red bank. lol. glad you gone man. what a headache you are!!!!!! see you around to finish this convo later!!!!

This had to be a good game..still waiting to hear from McCentral's only fan who commented the other day("log cabin man")..just to get his take on the outcome!!