Basketball (Chattanooga)

winning1

Well I was watching the game tonight at Seagull in Murfreesboro court side. Then Observed the Blackman game following it on the first row. Those boys can play ball. Don't think Cleveland or Walker Valley can play with them. It's my opinion. Several coaches will apply for EH. Wadley is gone from McCallie. I'm sure they will go after Cole Rose at Boyd. Don't be surprised if Rick at Central is entertained. That's a sweet job and opportunity. One of the beat in town. I still believe Cherne should have gotten it but small town politics play into it. Why would you give an elite job to someone with no proven record at a AAA school that is filled with athletes.

I believe Rose will be entertain by Mccallie, also Roger will be a interesting choice for East Ham. he is a good coach that would be consider one of the top coaches in Chattanooga but I think both school will go outside the city. Cherne will never Coach at East Ham has long has Choy is the principal. They just don't see eye to eye.

Edited by winning1

I believe Rose will be entertain by Mccallie, also Roger will be a interesting choice for East Ham. he is a good coach that would be consider one of the top coaches in Chattanooga but I think both school will go outside the city. Cherne will never Coach at East Ham has long has Choy is the principal. They just don't see eye to eye.

Good call about McCallie but I believe Shulman has that in the bag. He has a kid that goes to school there and was hired last week for some athletic administrative position. My guess won't be long before he's on the hardwood sideline.

Well I was watching the game tonight at Seagull in Murfreesboro court side. Then Observed the Blackman game following it on the first row. Those boys can play ball. Don't think Cleveland or Walker Valley can play with them. It's my opinion. Several coaches will apply for EH. Wadley is gone from McCallie. I'm sure they will go after Cole Rose at Boyd. Don't be surprised if Rick at Central is entertained. That's a sweet job and opportunity. One of the beat in town. I still believe Cherne should have gotten it but small town politics play into it. Why would you give an elite job to someone with no proven record at a AAA school that is filled with athletes.

i highly doubt coach rogers will leave central in the next two years especially since he really believe this sophomore group can lead him to the promise land and with his daughter being a senior next year at central. rogers leaving is probably out the door.IMO and knowing coach roger's if  him going to east ham became a rumor he is probably  going to clear it up really quick. he's just a honest guy like that.  

I just want to say that I was impressed with the Chattanooga teams this year.  We played mostly a Knoxville schedule this season.  Brainerd and Tyner are two legit teams and it will be tough for Livingston or Upperman to deal with their style of ball.  Just wanted to give respect.  My boys fought hard last night against a worthy Brainerd team.  Good luck the rest of the way REGION 3-AA.

i highly doubt coach rogers will leave central in the next two years especially since he really believe this sophomore group can lead him to the promise land and with his daughter being a senior next year at central. rogers leaving is probably out the door.IMO and knowing coach roger's if him going to east ham became a rumor he is probably going to clear it up really quick. he's just a honest guy like that.

I just think Rogers is a good coach. Maybe he stays at Central. I just believe for the long haul he might consider it. If not no biggie but that would be pretty nice job. He has built a pretty good resume. Just a thought.

I just want to say that I was impressed with the Chattanooga teams this year.  We played mostly a Knoxville schedule this season.  Brainerd and Tyner are two legit teams and it will be tough for Livingston or Upperman to deal with their style of ball.  Just wanted to give respect.  My boys fought hard last night against a worthy Brainerd team.  Good luck the rest of the way REGION 3-AA.

Thanks, "logcabinman", you got a lot of class. McCentral showed how the game should be played no matter how deep of a hole you are in! That #3 is a 'baller'!! How is the team classified? Mostly juniors, seniors, etc.? Good luck next year!

Thanks, "logcabinman", you got a lot of class. McCentral showed how the game should be played no matter how deep of a hole you are in! That #3 is a 'baller'!! How is the team classified? Mostly juniors, seniors, etc.? Good luck next year!

Senior heavy, but good kids behind them.  They will be solid next year, but based on what I seen last night, Chatt-town is looking good. 

East Hamilton will try and find a good coach outside the city but a few names have been dropped locally. They got waxed by the Owls and they will not let that happen too many times when they know they got talent. But the budget has expanded a little and can afford to hire a coach that can coach.

I will tell you about 5AAA district. We are very competitive especially the top4 . Bradley won the district with owls in 2nd wirh Walker Valley 3rd and Cleveland 4th and East Hamilton at the bottom which was a surprise until I saw the coach sitting down coaching most of the time and Kenny at the 3pt line.Walker Valley won the tournament and Cleveland 2nd and Bradley 3rd and Owls 4th. Owls beat every team in 5AAA and Walker Valley twice and split with other top2. I always thought that Walker Valley was the best team but they couldn't handle the press which is why we had success with them but Cleveland plays hard but no length with only one person to stop. Bradley plays like Walker but not as skilled .

The Owls were guard heavy and the length was sitting on the bench the whole season because the coach didn't trust his second unit enough to develop them for nexr season and it will be the same way next season because they didn't get a chance to develop.the coaching change didnt set well with some and we lost a few but it is part of the changes and hopefully it will gel next season. Hopefully he will learn thet you cant beat 10 with 5 lol . but I will take 2nd for the first season with a new coach.

That game last night was one of the best high school basketball games I've ever seen. To be down 19 going into the 4th and almost pulling off the comeback? Incredible. My team lost, but WOW! What a game! Brainerd is a very good team. Good luck to them and Tyner going forward. It should be both of you going to state. I'm pulling for both going forward!