Clarksville Academy @ Jo Byrns

MOTO24

I just read where CA will have an eligible transfer from 5A Kenwood available for their playoff game friday night. He is listed at 5'8, 185. Before transferring to Clarksville Academy, the paper stated that he had two straight 1000 yard seasons. They're also returning some other key players who were injured during the regular season. This is going to be really interesting to see how coach Hood will deploy his new scheme since none of the teams have seen this new back all season long. Good luck to both teams!!

I just read where CA will have an eligible transfer from 5A Kenwood available for their playoff game friday night. He is listed at 5'8, 185. Before transferring to Clarksville Academy, the paper stated that he had two straight 1000 yard seasons. They're also returning some other key players who were injured during the regular season. This is going to be really interesting to see how coach Hood will deploy his new scheme since none of the teams have seen this new back all season long. Good luck to both teams!!

We (some JB folks) have been hearing about this possibility for a little while now so I've been expecting it.  This will certainly make things interesting tomorrow.  I'm sure CA is going to come into the game with a little extra energy/confidence knowing they've got more weapons in their arsenal.  I expect to see a totally different team from CA tomorrow than the one I saw earlier in the year.  I said after the JB/CA game that CA was just a few players away from being really good and this could be what they need to send them over the top (or at least over JB).  JB has been terrible against the run so CA should score plenty of points.  I just hope JB can get a few stops.  The last thing JB needs is for CA to grind it out on the ground keeping the ball out of Adkins' hands.  Do I smell an upset brewing?  JB better play some dang defense or its hardwood time!!!

Why hasn't the transfer played this season?

The paper stated that he had to sit out for the regular season due to transfer rules. I'm assuming since the regular season has ended, he is now eligible to compete.

We dealt with the transfer rule with my son last year for soccer.  He could not play for NCS until it was exactly one year from his last game at the previous school - he missed the entire soccer season :blink:

Last year, we also had a few players out that didn't play against Clarksville Academy during the regular season. When the playoffs arrived, we were completely healthy and that was the difference between the first game and the playoff game. This is a new season so the regular season win/loss record goes out the window.

I'm going to assume that the transfer lives in Clarksville, probably didn't move from one house to another, and no zoning rules come into play for private schools. So in theory, Jalen Hurd could've transferred to Clarksville Academy and had the same rules apply. No way this would play out the same way for any public school. Playing Clarksville Academy and Nashville Christian has never bothered me too much. That's just how it's always been. I felt differently when JB was in the same region as all of the ABC schools. Either way, I'm not a fan of how this rule is set up and wanted to voice that prior to the game being played...tomorrows outcome not withstanding.