Clarksville Academy @ Jo Byrns

MOTO24

Reminds me of how a Cascade @ JB game played out at The Dungeon a few years back. Both teams tonight didn't give up after momentum swings, they capitalized on opportunities, and literally played alls out until the end. CA goes up early, JB takes over from the middle part of the game on into the 4th qtr with methodical drives, Academy puts together a drive for a TD and recovers an onsides kick and get the go ahead score to make it 28-27. Then as mentioned, Adkins hits on two long passes to Andevazo (spelling?) to set up the FG with .9 to go.

Tonight has a bit of history to it. As far as I know it's the first game winning FG for JB in a playoff game (correct me if I'm wrong) and the first game winner in about 25 years period. It was pretty awesome to witness as JB is definitely not known for kicking excellence and a young man brushed off missing two PAT's and nailed a game winner.

Wow! What a ballgame!

Congrats to Jo Byrns - you earned that one. As always, it was a pleasure going to Jo Byrns. You all were great hosts, and the sportsmanship that your players and fans exhibit allows our schools to enjoy a great rivalry of mutual respect. Best of luck the rest of the way Red Devils.

I totally agree mono! It was a roller coaster ride! I went from thinking JB had it wrapped up as they were about to score to make it a 3 TD lead to thinking how the heck did we lose this game. Then with 19 seconds to go we throw two passes to get to the 6 yard line and I think surely you won't go for a FG here. Then we line up for a FG with 0.9 seconds to go and nail it! Unbelievable is all I can say! I got my money's worth tonight!

Reminds me of how a Cascade @ JB game played out at The Dungeon a few years back. Both teams tonight didn't give up after momentum swings, they capitalized on opportunities, and literally played alls out until the end. CA goes up early, JB takes over from the middle part of the game on into the 4th qtr with methodical drives, Academy puts together a drive for a TD and recovers an onsides kick and get the go ahead score to make it 28-27. Then as mentioned, Adkins hits on two long passes to Andevazo (spelling?) to set up the FG with .9 to go.

Tonight has a bit of history to it. As far as I know it's the first game winning FG for JB in a playoff game (correct me if I'm wrong) and the first game winner in about 25 years period. It was pretty awesome to witness as JB is definitely not known for kicking excellence and a young man brushed off missing two PAT's and nailed a game winner.

I totally agree mono! It was a roller coaster ride! I went from thinking JB had it wrapped up as they were about to score to make it a 3 TD lead to thinking how the heck did we lose this game. Then with 19 seconds to go we throw two passes to get to the 6 yard line and I think surely you won't go for a FG here. Then we line up for a FG with 0.9 seconds to go and nail it! Unbelievable is all I can say! I got my money's worth tonight!

Congrats on the win guys.  Very impressive play calling - the way the ball was spread around.  Glad to see #10 make that final FG for some redemption.  Sure thought #18 made the play of the game when he read (and broke up) that pass play with about 45 seconds left.  Only to have that penalty two plays later give CA second life.  Then #18 makes two more nice plays on offense and you guys pulled it out.  That was a great game.

Congrats on the win guys.  Very impressive play calling - the way the ball was spread around.  Glad to see #10 make that final FG for some redemption.  Sure thought #18 made the play of the game when he read (and broke up) that pass play with about 45 seconds left.  Only to have that penalty two plays later give CA second life.  Then #18 makes two more nice plays on offense and you guys pulled it out.  That was a great game.

Listening to the game on the radio sounds like you nailed it...very impressive play calling by JB  won that game.  

First let me congratulate JB on their big victory tonight. I predicted that CA would win the game tonight. I was hoping CA would win tonight so we would have another shot at NCS. It was not to be.  I will eat a big old "CROW" sandwich for breakfast tomorrow morning.

Anyone that attended the game got their $8 worth.

I hate that we lost but I did get to witness a competitive football game.  The CA players never gave up and fought to the end.  We had several players that stepped up tonight and performed. We make some outstanding runs, catches and kicks. The onside kick near the end of the game was outstanding. I am very proud of our team. They should hold their heads high.

I was also very impressed with the JB players. They also fought hard and never gave up. After giving up the lead with barely any time on the clock, they moved down the field and got in scoring position. Down by 1 point with the ball near the goal line.  The JB coach did what I least expected.  He sent his field goal team in with .09 seconds on the clock.  I did not expect this because the kicker had already missed 2 extra points earlier tonight.  Needless to say he made the kick for the victory. I think it was a gutsy call.

Good luck to JB and NCS in the upcoming 2nd round game next Friday night. I will be pulling for the winner of that game since I no longer have a "Cougar" in the hunt. 

See you have the basketball court and baseball field.

Congrats on the win guys. Very impressive play calling - the way the ball was spread around. Glad to see #10 make that final FG for some redemption. Sure thought #18 made the play of the game when he read (and broke up) that pass play with about 45 seconds left. Only to have that penalty two plays later give CA second life. Then #18 makes two more nice plays on offense and you guys pulled it out. That was a great game.

Thanks! The penalty to give CA one more chance was a back breaker (so I thought)! Adkins made the plays when JB needed him to! That's twice now this year JB scored with less than 20 seconds to go. The other time was against Cascade to end the first half...we scored a TD in 16 seconds.

All I can say is WOW!! quite possibly the best game I have ever watched.  Momentum swings both ways.  Then just when you think the Devils are on a game winning drive to go up by three scores the drive stalls.  CA gets the ball and goes on a drive of their own gets the momentum with the onside kick recovery and scores again to go up by one.  But not so fast my friend with 19 seconds to go JB hits a couple big plays to get the ball to the 6 with .9 sec left in the game.   Then JB nails the game winner as time expires.  Again WOW sums it up and I'm glad I stayed to the bitter end.

It will be a shame if Kevin doesn't get a place at the Mr. Football table in a few weeks. CLUTCH performance tonight from him and the rest of the team when the game was...quote fingers in the air... over.

Congrats shep. Good luck next week. Would enjoy watching another WC JB matchup but y'all both need to win big games next Friday. Any injuries tonight?

Academy was a much better team with the addition of the transfer ( lipley ) kid,,, he had 27 carries for 160/170 yds, dang that kid was like trying to chase down a rabbit ( very athletic ) Both teams played hard til the final whistle ! Can't say enough about qb/s #18 Adkins,, broke up a pass for a sure td with lil time to play then turns to the offensive side of the ball with 15sec and completes 2 long passes to put the team in winning position,, this kid deserves a place with the mr football finalist when they are announced !!

• Upvote 1

Academy was a much better team with the addition of the transfer ( lipley ) kid,,, he had 27 carries for 160/170 yds, dang that kid was like trying to chase down a rabbit ( very athletic ) Both teams played hard til the final whistle ! Can't say enough about qb/s #18 Adkins,, broke up a pass for a sure td with lil time to play then turns to the offensive side of the ball with 15sec and completes 2 long passes to put the team in winning position,, this kid deserves a place with the mr football finalist when they are announced !!

1. the addition of transfer - so true - that young man is very good

2. #18 Adkins - he led his team to victory last night - and his body of work deserves a finalist nomination

Edited by NCSdad1962
  • Upvote 1