Grundy at Upperman Round 1

MountainDillard

So, you answered my first question saying he was not a head coach there and then said he was with two back to back 1-9 seasons. That is confusing. Also, if he had 1-9 seasons with the Seniors now it is because at that time you were probably young and inexperienced. If he was not head coach there and you folks were not running the option he was probably running someone else's stuff. One of the best coaches in the state is Ken Colquette, and I know for a fact if he has the opportunity Evens will be his first hire. Whether it is practice or a game he is coaching someone every play. That is what Ken demands or you will hear about it. I am not going to pretend to know what Grundy's problem is but it is not because of Evans. He had a program going in right direction at Marion County, and when his best athletes became Seniors the assistant principal there fired Evans and named himself head coach, because as he said in paper he could not find anyone more qualified than himself, or something like that. From what I understand Boeck is a good guy and doing a great job at Signal MTN. and may be next in line for that job, but what he did to Evans is something I would never ever do as a coach. The following year Boeck took those Seniors to the third round of the playoffs, and looked like the greatest coach in the world to only be unsuccessful the next two years and fired. Sometimes what goes around does come back around. Evans has been through a lot. He will be fine though.

I think the confusion lies in hour question. You asked if he was head coach at Livingston. The answer is no. He was the head coach at Upperman and an assistant coach there for some time period before that. He seemed like a nice guy buy he had a two hour commute home each day. He didn't put the effort into getting the community and players to buy into the program and therefore the football program was in debt and the team had less than thirty players. You can't win like that. The new coach is an alumni and had coached in the middle school before becoming hc at Upperman. He has coached some of these seniors for six years and the continuity and respect for the coach shows in how they play. I don't think Upperman will mercy rule Grundy or anyone else in the playoffs, but I do expect them to show up prepared and willing to do whatever the coach asks them to in order to win be game.

So, you answered my first question saying he was not a head coach there and then said he was with two back to back 1-9 seasons. That is confusing. Also, if he had 1-9 seasons with the Seniors now it is because at that time you were probably young and inexperienced. If he was not head coach there and you folks were not running the option he was probably running someone else's stuff. One of the best coaches in the state is Ken Colquette, and I know for a fact if he has the opportunity Evens will be his first hire. Whether it is practice or a game he is coaching someone every play. That is what Ken demands or you will hear about it. I am not going to pretend to know what Grundy's problem is but it is not because of Evans. He had a program going in right direction at Marion County, and when his best athletes became Seniors the assistant principal there fired Evans and named himself head coach, because as he said in paper he could not find anyone more qualified than himself, or something like that. From what I understand Boeck is a good guy and doing a great job at Signal MTN. and may be next in line for that job, but what he did to Evans is something I would never ever do as a coach. The following year Boeck took those Seniors to the third round of the playoffs, and looked like the greatest coach in the world to only be unsuccessful the next two years and fired. Sometimes what goes around does come back around. Evans has been through a lot. He will be fine though.

Evans is a good coach. On D. Not a head coach. Never comitted to Upperman. Drove 1.5 hours one way and never joined that town as a resident. Had no clue on offenssive side of the ball. Then as a parting gift, schedule games 2 hours away Grundy, Meigs, Rockwood and dropped games tradition rivalries with Jackon Co, Gordonsville, ect....He might be a good hire on D, but was am awefull fit at Baxter. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

Evans is a good coach. On D. Not a head coach. Never comitted to Upperman. Drove 1.5 hours one way and never joined that town as a resident. Had no clue on offenssive side of the ball. Then as a parting gift, schedule games 2 hours away Grundy, Meigs, Rockwood and dropped games tradition rivalries with Jackon Co, Gordonsville, ect....He might be a good hire on D, but was am awefull fit at Baxter.

Evans is a good coach. On D. Not a head coach. Never comitted to Upperman. Drove 1.5 hours one way and never joined that town as a resident. Had no clue on offenssive side of the ball. Then as a parting gift, schedule games 2 hours away Grundy, Meigs, Rockwood and dropped games tradition rivalries with Jackon Co, Gordonsville, ect....He might be a good hire on D, but was am awefull fit at Baxter.

+1

+1

Hate to admit it, but I know from experience you need to live within the community if you coach there.  Too much responsibility to not do so.  I kinda lost touch with Evans when he left Marion County High School.  Anyway good luck to you guys, and don't overlook Grundy, they are like a box of chocolates.