Cookeville vs. Sevier County

ripzip11

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

erell and 45 both of you obviously don't know what a combine is or how you make it to the NFL. The combine doesn't only test speed it tests multiple attributes.  Just because a football player runs a 4.4 a 4.3 doesn't mean he is good enough to be in the NFL nor does it mean he is good at football.  Running a 4.5 or better is just one positve thing.  Thousands of people run 4.5s across the country whether they are in hs, college,pro, football, or not. I guarantee if you go to every D1 college in any BCS conference 90% of them will have 15 guys that run 4.5s.  I guarantee the majority of all D1 and many D1aa have 15 guys that run a 4.5 or better.  If you think 4.5 speed is world class you obviously are an ignorant human being when it comes to that part of sports.

erell and 45 both of you obviously don't know what a combine is or how you make it to the NFL. The combine doesn't only test speed it tests multiple attributes. Just because a football player runs a 4.4 a 4.3 doesn't mean he is good enough to be in the NFL nor does it mean he is good at football. Running a 4.5 or better is just one positve thing. Thousands of people run 4.5s across the country whether they are in hs, college,pro, football, or not. I guarantee if you go to every D1 college in any BCS conference 90% of them will have 15 guys that run 4.5s. I guarantee the majority of all D1 and many D1aa have 15 guys that run a 4.5 or better. If you think 4.5 speed is world class you obviously are an ignorant human being when it comes to that part of sports.

Sure thing buddy...I will take ignorant... But I am not the guy that claimed to have 10-15 guys on a HIGH SCHOOL football team running 4.5's or better... Maybe I over exaggerated with my world class speed comment...you know, the same way Ripper did with his comments...Now move along before someone gets after ya regarding your "handle" just an opinion tho

Congratulations on having 10 - 15% of the 2018 NFL combine's 4.5ers on one high school team.  I'm sorry to hear that electronic watches must run faster than a hand held watches. I guess that makes a difference.  A 4.5 is a 4.5 and guess what??  YOU DO NOT HAVE 10 4.5 KIDS!!!

Here is a prime example of an ignorant comment.  From this comment, 45 is basically saying if you run a 4.5 you are NFL material.  Like I said, just because a person runs a 4.5 doesn't mean he is NFL quality or good enough to participate in the combine.  The combine measures several different attributes.  There are hundreds of football players that run 4.5 or better.  That doesn't mean they are good enough for an NFL combine!  All these posts on here are exaggerated, or the people making them are ignorant.

Here is a prime example of an ignorant comment. From this comment, 45 is basically saying if you run a 4.5 you are NFL material. Like I said, just because a person runs a 4.5 doesn't mean he is NFL quality or good enough to participate in the combine. The combine measures several different attributes. There are hundreds of football players that run 4.5 or better. That doesn't mean they are good enough for an NFL combine! All these posts on here are exaggerated, or the people making them are ignorant.

You obviously are too ignorant to recognize sarcasm. Edited by 45forty

You obviously are too ignorant to recognize sarcasm.

When you and erell are bashing a person for exaggerating speed about a team with great speed and you two try and prove a point by exaggerating, you are contradicting yourself.  I don't consider that sarcasm.  I consider it ignorance.  You and erell think that 4.5 is world class speed or makes a player NFL talent?  Why would you make those comments if trying to criticize a person for saying a high school team has 10-15 players that run a 4.5 hand timed?

When you and erell are bashing a person for exaggerating speed about a team with great speed and you two try and prove a point by exaggerating, you are contradicting yourself. I don't consider that sarcasm. I consider it ignorance. You and erell think that 4.5 is world class speed or makes a player NFL talent? Why would you make those comments if trying to criticize a person for saying a high school team has 10-15 players that run a 4.5 hand timed?

I suppose for the same reason you bring your ignorant(just an opinion tho) self on here and try bash folks..now move on to the next guy..you make my head hurt..the guy is still an idiot for trying to pass off 10-15 guys with 4.5 speed

I suppose for the same reason you bring your ignorant(just an opinion tho) self on here and try bash folks..now move on to the next guy..you make my head hurt..the guy is still an idiot for trying to pass off 10-15 guys with 4.5 speed

Actually, I didn't intend on looking for someone to bash.  I am a fan of Sevier County and read the posts.  When someone is trying to bash a Sevier County fan, and doing it with ignorance, I like to point it out.  Please tell me what it is that I have been ignorant about.

I am not a Sevier County fan but I live in Sevier County and so I try to follow and keep up with all six schools in Sevier County ( Sevier County, Gatlinburg-Pittman, Pigeon Forge, Northview, Seymour, The Kings Academy). I root for all six teams to win unless they are playing each other and then I just hope for good games.  I have been to games of every team and I am impressed with several area teams for different reasons. 

I have never posted on a message board but I read them often and when I saw this thread and how a couple of people were bashing another for putting the 40 times on here and I just felt I needed to respond.  I remembered that there was an article in the Mountain Press before the season started about the combine that Sevier County put on for their football team, parents and fans.  I went to the internet and found the article and it said that their were 15 players that ran under 4.7 which means a 4.69 or faster and that 3 of them ran under 4.5.  I know the guy on here said 10-15 in the 4.5's or faster but he was only off by 0.1 tenth of a second which is not that far off when you try to click 0.1 on your watch. 

Now I know that these are handheld times which are not totally accurate but at least this might clear up the fact that the guy on here did embellish a little but his information was close to accurate.  I am not sure that SC has any NFL talent because I am 1. not an NFL talent scout, 2. not many kids around here are NFL talent, and 3. theses are kids and who knows what their future holds.  What I do know is that any fan who is passionate about their team has a tendency to embellish the facts a little simply out of love for their team. I know when I talk about the VOLS I can get a little crazy too .  No need for name calling or putting someone down simply because they were 0.1 tenth of a second off.  I have seen SC play several times and they are extremely fast.  I also watched PF play Fulton and Fulton is faster. 

Sorry I rambled but I am retired and get a little bored sometimes

GO VOLS!!!

Now I know that these are handheld times which are not totally accurate but at least this might clear up the fact that the guy on here did embellish a little but his information was close to accurate.  

That is not close to accurate...at all...  When you are talking 40 yards, the difference in a 4.69 and a sub 4.5 is big.    

So the article says 3... guy said 10-15..  again not close to accurate.   

Can we just stop kidding ourselves here?  You Bears fans are trying to tell us you are fast for a high school team.  Ok, Noted, check, .   But there is no way.... and I repeat, no way you have 10 kids that run a sub 4.5 forty.  

And this redskin guy can chill out too...