Predictions on 3A State Championship

BigDave67

key word in your sentence coach, and that is "most".  I'd be willing to bet you have several "transfers/recruits" on that team.  With you guys recruiting all over middle tn...

DF, correct me if I am wrong, but didn't I read a past post of yours where you said your own child was appoached by a CPA "booster" (for lack of a better term)?  Maybe this is why you feel the way you do. 

There isn't alot of difference between "open zoning" and private schools. TSSAA should NOT allow schools to have open zoning in the first place! Why have one set of rules for county schools and a totally different set for schools that are "open zone"? This makes no sense whatsoever! Open zoning should be banned and if they choose to allow it then those schools should be made to play at the highest level in every sport just like private should be made to do the same. If you are a private in Div I then you should play at the highest level i.e. 6A in football and AAA in every other sport. Then the playing fields would be more level.

Thanks for your honest response, I agree 100 percent. I guess my point in this entire blog is that when you allow kids to move to another school out of zone for ANY reason, public or private, then let's face it, recruiting on some level will take place, some more than others. However no matter the level or amount of recruiting, it's still recruiting just like a little sin or a big sin, still a sin.

Until the TSSAA says you play in the area you live, this will go on. And by the way, renting a small apt and saying a family of 6 lives there is complete fraud and this needs to be looked into for open zone public schools.

Brentwood HS was open zoned for years until just recently.

As you can see, Fairview HS is an Open Enrollment School LOL!!

http://www.wcs.edu/open_school_zone.htm

hmm that doesnt explain why we(fairview) lost a ton of our frshmen and sophomore students due to rezoning when independence opened up. If this were true with the amount of players and students in williamson county which i believe is like 6-7 5A and 6A schools then page 4a and fairview 3a. Youd figure brentwood ir ravenwood would be unstoppable year in and year out. Edited by Slim88

DF, correct me if I am wrong, but didn't I read a past post of yours where you said your own child was appoached by a CPA "booster" (for lack of a better term)? Maybe this is why you feel the way you do.

If true then DF has a responsibility to report to the school and to the TSSAA. If not, then just more rumor and smears.