UNION CITY GOLDEN TORNADOS

JDOGG80

It's really hard to say right now. 8 of our first 9 players are on the football field. We will only have one Senior on the team. He will be one of first 10. We are 10 deep with pretty good size. Of first 10 we will have a 6'5", 6'4, 6'3" and 6'2". All won't start but will play significant minutes so we will have a pretty good post presence for 1A. We will have quick guards who can defend with PG being able to get to the rim with the best of them. We will have solid 3 point shooting as well. Are we of the caliber of Mitchell, UC or Humboldt? Probably not but we will be close. I think we will be able to play with them and if we have a really good night we might pull an upset. I look for us to win the district but Middleton and Adamsville will battle and could also win it. Regional semifinal will be the key and then winning the region which will be an overwhelming task with Mitchell moving down. TCA will press and trap you to death and wear you down with their depth. It's going to be late December before they are in full form. Best teams in the state in 1A are easily in West Tennessee. You get to Murfreesboro it will be a breeze! CON901 when TCA runs out and warms up we aren't going to scare you I can guarantee you that!!

I can agree with you on that it appears that Mitchell Union City Humbodlt and T.C.A Are the best teams in Class A when is you'll next gamd

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can agree with you on that it appears that Mitchell Union City Humbodlt and T.C.A Are the best teams in Class A when is you'll next gamd

I wouldnt sleep on South fulton.I think they beat Obion  central..and Lake co may not be at the number 1 spot this year but they do have some very good looking athletes.6'4 Sophomore Estes has really improved.Sophomore Stephonsi Wilkes may be starting before the year is up along with sophomore Darius Johnson.And freshman Jermario Jones had 24 points against Obion Central a few days ago.Jones didnt play against Greenfield tonight.Lake co could very well be starting 3 sophomores the next few weeks.Also should get juniors Blevins and Strayhrn back after christmas hopefully.and the middle school team is undefeated beating Dyersburg,Three Oaks by 30 plus and Norhtview  pretty bad.Middle school starts 2 seveth graders and has about 4 players in the 6 foot to 6'3 range.Gonna be very strong the next 5 years.if nothing changes.

Edited by mrbigster

Bigster, how did Lake Co do against Greenfield tonight?

I've talked to you on the phone since you posted this but for others,Lake Co won by about 30 points.sophomore Estes probably had 20 plus points.Lake Co pulled the starters at the end of the 3rd quarter and everyone played.I believe everyone on the roster probably scored at least 1 basket.Lake co looked really good but Greenfield is down.I believe Coleman is the only senior.I still believe after christmas,once Strayhorn gets on the team and gives Lake co a power player down low to go with estes size and also blevins,who supposedely is the best leaper,gonna be a tough out.Still look for Humboldt and Union City to be the top but wouldnt sleep on south fulton and Lake co.Past years it's usually been Humboldt,Union city and Lake co but south fulton will be in the mix.And you said that South Fulton middle school  was loaded last year.Think the next 4 or 5 years will be Lake Co and Union city and ,aybe South fulton.Because of the really good sophomores and juniors and a very good group of middle school players that are spread out with 3 eight graders and a couple seventh graders starting that have shooters,speed and size to go with these guys already there.The future is bright.

Edited by mrbigster

Bigster I agree with you man..I've told several people that LC may get off to a slow start but I really think they will be in the mix of things in the end with Blivens and Strayhorn returning..LC will will be a hard out come January and Febuary..And until Sisco proves to me he can get out of the Region I'm gonna go with Humboldt and SF in Region final but whoever has.to go to Mitchell for Substate will probly not make it out of that joint..The key game for any of these teams in 14a will be who wins the region and gets to play substate at home..Its gonna be one heck of a District and region tourny..Good luck to 14a.....And Chipper...I think the last time UC even made it to a Region final was 09 and he has the team to get it done this year and next year..Lets see if he can redem his self from that stunner LC pulled on his butt last year..Good luck

I wouldnt sleep on South fulton.I think they beat Obion central..and Lake co may not be at the number 1 spot this year but they do have some very good looking athletes.6'4 Sophomore Estes has really improved.Sophomore Stephonsi Wilkes may be starting before the year is up along with sophomore Darius Johnson.And freshman Jermario Jones had 24 points against Obion Central a few days ago.Jones didnt play against Greenfield tonight.Lake co could very well be starting 3 sophomores the next few weeks.Also should get juniors Blevins and Strayhrn back after christmas hopefully.and the middle school team is undefeated beating Dyersburg,Three Oaks by 30 plus and Norhtview pretty bad.Middle school starts 2 seveth graders and has about 4 players in the 6 foot to 6'3 range.Gonna be very strong the next 5 years.if nothing changes.

don't you'll have a new coach