UNION CITY GOLDEN TORNADOS

JDOGG80

Yea Chipper they just got their butts handed to them..I saw a SF team having some fun out their and UC never crscked a smile..I think UC needs a leader on the floor to be able to keep others heads up..U gotta have fun to win..I thougt Simpson shot to many 3s..that's just not his game..Sisco bettet get some things straitend out or UC is in bad trouble..the way uc is playing they will not get out of the Region

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea Chipper they just got their butts handed to them..I saw a SF team having some fun out their and UC never crscked a smile..I think UC needs a leader on the floor to be able to keep others heads up..U gotta have fun to win..I thougt Simpson shot to many 3s..that's just not his game..Sisco bettet get some things straitend out or UC is in bad trouble..the way uc is playing they will not get out of the Region

Its just 1 lost Cope.SF has a good team and a lot of returning players.They did what good teams suppose to do,win on your homecourt.We did beat a very good South Side team and have been playing pretty good.UC wasn't going to go undefeated and know there are good teams in the district in Humboldt, SF,and Lake Co. Try and go win at Lake Co tonight. Sisco did his part,the team didnt execute.2-10 shooting free throws not going to get it done.

what happen to the little point guard

He's still there.Seems like the new coach is wanting to take pressure off of him and basically making him a two guard.He hasnt been scoring as much.I actually like him handling the ball and either taking a shot,driving and shooting a layup or dishing off to a man under the basket for a layup.I dont think anyone can keep him driving 1 on 1 without help.Or maybe the coach is doing this to keep him fresh and maybe use him more in the second half and handling the ball.I have no idea.Just seems to me,he is making it more of a team oriented offense with Zay just another player .The Estes kid has been playing really well and Lake Co seems to be going to him down low against smaller teams which worked really well against Greenfield.Lake Co should be able to match up with Union City,South Fulton as far as size and once they get Strayhorn back to maybe go with Estes ,should be able to make Humboldt shoot more from outside or if Humboldt does come inside ,will have extra bodies and fouls down low.I look for Lake Co to go inside to Estes tonight against Union city .

Edited by mrbigster

I undersrand that Chipper..I thought Sisco did his part also..As a coach u can't play for them but have a good game plan..And your right that the team did not execute and looked very sloppy to me..That's why I say they gotta get their self together or they may be in for a long night..Keep me updated I can't make it tonight..thanks

He's still there.Seems like the new coach is wanting to take pressure off of him and basically making him a two guard.He hasnt been scoring as much.I actually like him handling the ball and either taking a shot,driving and shooting a layup or dishing off to a man under the basket for a layup.I dont think anyone can keep him driving 1 on 1 without help.Or maybe the coach is doing this to keep him fresh and maybe use him more in the second half and handling the ball.I have no idea.Just seems to me,he is making it more of a team oriented offense with Zay just another player .The Estes kid has been playing really well and Lake Co seems to be going to him down low against smaller teams which worked really well against Greenfield.Lake Co should be able to match up with Union City,South Fulton as far as size and once they get Strayhorn back to maybe go with Estes ,should be able to make Humboldt shoot more from outside or if Humboldt does come inside ,will have extra bodies and fouls down low.I look for Lake Co to go inside to Estes tonight against Union city .

Zay Coleman I could not remeber his name gave MAHS Fits last year they could not stop him keep me posted on what happens between you'll and Union City

Zay Coleman I could not remeber his name gave MAHS Fits last year they could not stop him keep me posted on what happens between you'll and Union City

Union City won by about 10 or 12 points.I left with about a minute to play.Was closer than the score in my opinion.Lake Co had a tech called against Zay that gave Union city 2 points and the ball and also a blocking screen that was called against Estes for extending his arms out which he did that Zay hit a 3 pointer and wiped out.I really like Deberry for Union city.Think he is the key to the Union city team.I actually saw some good things i lked from Lake co.Most of the game ,sophomore number 1 Jones and junior Taylor brought the ball up the court.Zay had some nice passes setting others up.Estes got two fouls in the first quarter and sat on the bench the whole second quarter but he was a non factor tonight.But what I liked when he went to the bench,Lake Co had 3 sophomores and a freshman on the floor to go with senior Coleman..The freshman Jones is going to be a good one.So I'm thinking once Strayhorn and Blevins get back after christmas,could visualize Blevins on Deberry and Strayhorn ,a junior who is stronger than Estes inside and not being pushed around. Next year,Lake Co will have these  3 sophomores and freshman with sophomore Estes back along with Blevins and Strayhorn. And a middle school team that is undefeated,has some size with a couple 7th graders and 3 eight graders and one of them a stud in Kevin spencer..Better get Lake Co this year. And I'm thinking after Christmas,once Lake Co gets Strayhorn and Blevins back,gonna hold their own with Union City.,South Fulton and Humboldt.

Edited by mrbigster

Uc lost Donte Simpson the whole second half to an injury and Quentrel Polk to I think an ankle injury that hurt tonight. Not very pretty but a win is a win.They will get Jeremy Bumpus a 6'3 freshman and Javonte Moffatt a 5'10 junior after football that will be the first 2off the bench and will allow us to play 8-9 and really get after people.Two tough games this weekend against a very good Stone Memorial team and Chattanooga Tyner at the siegel Thanksgiving Classic.

Bigster, Deberry has all the tools to dominate a game offensively and defensively,but he is not aggressive enough.He can shoot it, pass it,and post up.I think that he has the ability to carry a team a long way if he just go hard on both ends of the court the whole game.I tell him that all the time,but he only does it in spurts.He has to learn to push himself.