Greenback at Coalfield 2

KickinWing11

From what I can find the last time we beat you 2 times in one year at your house was in 1987. It is very hard to beat a team twice in on year let alone twice at their own house.

Correct 709, also we've only played twice in the same year a total of three times.  Of course you already know personally bout one of them :D ...

:geek:

10-9    Greenback 28 Coalfield  6

11-13  Greenback 46 Coalfield  7

10-15  Coalfield 10 Greenback  7

11-16  Coalfield 15 Greenback  0

10-8    Greenback 40 Coalfield 24

11-19  Coalfield 35 Greenback 27

Here's the other times we've played in the playoff.

11-12-2010   Coalfield 41 Greenback 14

11-16-2012   Coalfield 34 Greenback 31

So you and OnB were on the last team to beat them in the playoffs also.  Also, a third of our loses overall against Coalfield are from the playoffs.

Edited by cherokean

crow tell me I can't recollect your game with them.Turnovers-OHS passing yrds,rush yards.CHS passing(I thought I remember two passes,one was a TD)CHS rushing.thx.

I'll just copy & paste my recap. That's really all I can remember but I do know oneida only had about 30 less rushing yards & passing was very similar. Coalfield threw 2 passes, 1 screen & 1 deep ball. Connected on both. Screen for maybe 5 - 7 and he deep ball for probably 40 - 50.

OnB, the best recap is slobber knocker! Oneida had 5 possessions the entire game I believe. Scored a FG on the first after stopping CF on their first one to go 3-0. CF came right back and drove down for 7-3. Oneida marched down the field 1st and goal @ the CF 1. #21 sneak jumps over the pile and stuck the ball across the goal line THEN it was knocked free, the officials saw it different and CF did recover in the end zone so touchback CF. That was a big time swing as there were only a couple, maybe 2 1/2 minutes left in the 1st half. CF drove to about OHS 35 or 40 with about 40 seconds left. Aired it out to the end zone. Very good coverage but a very good catch so 14-3 half. Second half was a little back and forth early then OHS takes over after a CF punt to OHS 6. Drove down and scored to 14-10 with about 6:00 in the 4th. CF takes the KO and just goes down the field again. Scores for 21-10 with about 2:30 to go. OHS now in hurry up and was moving pretty good. Had moved the ball probably 20 yards when a back side blitz came in with a good shot from behind (completely legal hit) just as #21 was in mid throwing motion for a sack fumble that CF came up with at about 1:25 or so to go. They actually broke a long run down to about the 1 or 2 yard line with 1:00 maybe a little less to go & ran "victory" to finish off the clock. I wish we woulda got 'em when they were playing patty cake with the spread, I think we woulda had a lot better chance but they finally got around to just lining up behind their beef and saying here we go. Nothing flashy, I think their leading rusher had about 160 on 36 carries. He broke a few for 10 - 20 but the majority were 2 - 5 yards. They converted 3 forth and shorts on 1 drive in the second half alone. Hats off, their game plan was to slow the game down and play ball control and it worked perfectly, I would like to know the time of possession it seemed like they had the ball about 46 out of 48 minutes . They had 56 rushes for 250ish yards with 0 fumbles and there were only 4 flags the entire game, 2 each I believe and I don't recall a single holding penalty. Just a good smash mouth football game.

Question where can I go to find the stats from last weeks games?

Go to Greenbackfootball.org,scroll down and highlight the Greenback,subright newspaper headline and sroll down on the link.It will have stats at bottom of article.You can also go to top of page and highlight 2013 and check out pictures from all the gamesnthey do a great job.GB had 177 passing and around 180 rushing I believe.

I'll just copy & paste my recap. That's really all I can remember but I do know oneida only had about 30 less rushing yards & passing was very similar. Coalfield threw 2 passes, 1 screen & 1 deep ball. Connected on both. Screen for maybe 5 - 7 and he deep ball for probably 40 - 50.

OnB, the best recap is slobber knocker! Oneida had 5 possessions the entire game I believe. Scored a FG on the first after stopping CF on their first one to go 3-0. CF came right back and drove down for 7-3. Oneida marched down the field 1st and goal @ the CF 1. #21 sneak jumps over the pile and stuck the ball across the goal line THEN it was knocked free, the officials saw it different and CF did recover in the end zone so touchback CF. That was a big time swing as there were only a couple, maybe 2 1/2 minutes left in the 1st half. CF drove to about OHS 35 or 40 with about 40 seconds left. Aired it out to the end zone. Very good coverage but a very good catch so 14-3 half. Second half was a little back and forth early then OHS takes over after a CF punt to OHS 6. Drove down and scored to 14-10 with about 6:00 in the 4th. CF takes the KO and just goes down the field again. Scores for 21-10 with about 2:30 to go. OHS now in hurry up and was moving pretty good. Had moved the ball probably 20 yards when a back side blitz came in with a good shot from behind (completely legal hit) just as #21 was in mid throwing motion for a sack fumble that CF came up with at about 1:25 or so to go. They actually broke a long run down to about the 1 or 2 yard line with 1:00 maybe a little less to go & ran "victory" to finish off the clock. I wish we woulda got 'em when they were playing patty cake with the spread, I think we woulda had a lot better chance but they finally got around to just lining up behind their beef and saying here we go. Nothing flashy, I think their leading rusher had about 160 on 36 carries. He broke a few for 10 - 20 but the majority were 2 - 5 yards. They converted 3 forth and shorts on 1 drive in the second half alone. Hats off, their game plan was to slow the game down and play ball control and it worked perfectly, I would like to know the time of possession it seemed like they had the ball about 46 out of 48 minutes . They had 56 rushes for 250ish yards with 0 fumbles and there were only 4 flags the entire game, 2 each I believe and I don't recall a single holding penalty. Just a good smash mouth football game.

cf had 249 rushing and 32 pass. Oneida had 127 rushing and 69 passing. that's what the radio said anyway.