Round 2: Oneida @ GCA

crow

You ain't heard nothing yet . If Grace does happen to bring home the Gold. It'll be bitter sweet. They'll have it rough on here.

Do you actually think anything said on here could lessen the thrill of a state championship?!?! That might be the funniest thing I've read on here yet!!! I get some entertainment value out of jabbing back and forth with some of you guys, but my goodness, there are much more important things to worry about that what some stranger says in a coach t blog. I certainly hope we do win it all this year. If we do, come back and read my post then. It may surprise you. There will be no "in your face" comments. Only great joy that our team won. I say that knowing that a BUNCH of folks on here will be rubbing it in our face if we lose.

I have had the pleasure of meeting several good folks from grace. I have also had the very unpleasant situation of being near twice as many "better than you" rams while attending different high school and middle school games over the last several years. It's amazing what folks say when they don't know who they're talking to. The "maybe we should search their bus for meth" or "how did all those people have gas money to get here, nobody up there has a job do they" comments are just a few of the remarks I've heard. I'm not saying everyone is like that & this is the 1st time I've posted anything about those incidents because this is the 1st time anyone has actually asked. There have also been several incidents of questionable character surrounding other grace affiliated but those will not be discussed here, not by me anyway. I will say the ladies manning the concession stand are absolute angels & are a delight to talk with.

That's unfortunate if that was said. I can't repeat some of the comments I've heard from opposing fans standing on the sidelines. But I would never base my opinion of that school on a few idiots spouting off at the mouth.

It was a back handed jab. You guys have made plenty of jabs at us. When someone from GCA says something or takes a light hearted shot at one of you guys you start the bashing. Knox said it earlier, Grace served their penalty and straightened things out. I stand behind the school with a clear conscience today. Those two years were tough to swallow. It was even tougher for these Seniors that were punished for 2 years over something that they had no control over. You guys won't shed any tears over those kids, but I'm proud of them for staying at Grace and standing behind the best coaching staff I've ever been around. That staff got a huge boost 2 years ago with the addition of one of your boys.

I don't look down my nose at anyone, sir, and if we get the chance to meet Friday night, you will shake hands with a hard working, genuine supporter of a school where both of my children have attended since they were 4 yrs old. Blessed to have that opportunity, I can assure you. I'm sure there are a few arrogant individuals at GCA that are as you described. I know most of them that are affiliated with our sports teams, and I can't think of one that fits that description. And I'm not a "radio fellar", they stick an open mike in front of me on Friday nights and we run with it. It's been a fun gig, and one that serves a bunch of GCA followers and visiting teams fans that can't attend the games.

Comparing a near 100 year program that is as well respected and liked state wide by fans and programs alike to a pee wee team staff is not a light hearted shot in my book & I seriously doubt it gets you very far in the "we're not so bad" argument. Maybe the fact you call it a light hearted shot is proof enough that we are reading different books. I've not commented on your staff or your team, only the way the administration conducts business. You did hire a huge asset that once was on our staff, is he to pee wee for your liking? As I've saw him "coach" until his head was purple, that was one of the things I really liked about him. As for meeting, prolly won't get around to it, our old coach is about the only one I'll try to find. Seems the more of y'all I meet the less of y'all I wanna know.

That's unfortunate if that was said. I can't repeat some of the comments I've heard from opposing fans standing on the sidelines. But I would never base my opinion of that school on a few idiots spouting off at the mouth.

Well unfortunately a couple years back some of thes comments were made by folks that are much more closely related to your program than just fans. They were not made about an Oneida team but were made none the less, I can assure you it was not IF they were said. I have no reason to make that up & wouldn't if I did have a reason to. To quote Peyton Manning "if I tell you it's Easter then you better start hiding eggs".

Well unfortunately a couple years back some of thes comments were made by folks that are much more closely related to your program than just fans. They were not made about an Oneida team but were made none the less, I can assure you it was not IF they were said. I have no reason to make that up & wouldn't if I did have a reason to. To quote Peyton Manning "if I tell you it's Easter then you better start hiding eggs".

A couple years back? Not saying you made it up, I didn't hear it so I stick with if that was said, very unfortunate. But it was years ago? C'mon.

Comparing a near 100 year program that is as well respected and liked state wide by fans and programs alike to a pee wee team staff is not a light hearted shot in my book & I seriously doubt it gets you very far in the "we're not so bad" argument. Maybe the fact you call it a light hearted shot is proof enough that we are reading different books. I've not commented on your staff or your team, only the way the administration conducts business. You did hire a huge asset that once was on our staff, is he to pee wee for your liking? As I've saw him "coach" until his head was purple, that was one of the things I really liked about him. As for meeting, prolly won't get around to it, our old coach is about the only one I'll try to find. Seems the more of y'all I meet the less of y'all I wanna know.

Probably for the best. I don't need to waste my time either. Have a safe trip.

A couple years back? Not saying you made it up, I didn't hear it so I stick with if that was said, very unfortunate. But it was years ago? C'mon.

Oh those folks have not moved on. Not all of em anyway. I'll tell ya what, let's reboot this thing and try to talk football again. I'm game if you are. What would you say your line averages in weight? I'm guessing we are around 225 - 230. Got a few good sized boys but got a few of them little scrappy guys that are big in heart but bring the weight average down a bit. Everyone knows we're a run heavy team, what would y'all say your run / pass % is?

Edited by crow

Oh those folks have not moved on. Not all of em anyway. I'll tell ya what, let's reboot this thing and try to talk football again. I'm game if you are. What would you say your line averages in weight? I'm guessing we are around 225 - 230. Got a few good sized boys but got a few of them little scrappy guys that are big in heart but bring the weight average down a bit. Everyone knows we're a run heavy team, what would y'all say your run / pass % is?

Yeah game talk would be good, I'll even sit and listen. How many guys play both ways. Just good ole football talk.