Liberty Tech Magnet vs. Trezevant

olddevil

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trezevant's 'D' is excellent. They will win. Liberty will be a very good opponent and this will be a good game, but Trezevant will advance to the third round.

If Trezevant gets a hold of film from Liberty's game with NS they will see exactly how to stop Liberty's "explosive" offense. That game was decided by two let downs by NS defense on scrambles by Lib QB on 3rd and longs late in the game. Edited by slapper

21 attempts...thats more than weve thrown in any game in years...maybe ever since Hook has been the coach...and it didnt work...i wouldnt expect us to throw that much again any time soon...

So you don't agree with them throwing the ball when they are averaging about 2 yards a carry while running the football?

So you don't agree with them throwing the ball when they are averaging about 2 yards a carry while running the football?

slapper...no we shouldnt have thrown the ball that many times...the reason we did is because we thought we could beat u in other phases of the game...had liberty run the ball each and every down 2 things would have happened...NS would have only scored 1 TD and still lost the game...and liberty would not have had a low yards per carry average...no game has been called like the NS game this year by our staff...i will say they have changed the strategy a bit for the better...but if i were them i would just run the ball nonstop = no turnovers which in turn = Ws...wouldnt u agree???   i am completely against passing the ball on 1st down...and if u only get 2 yards on 1st down with the run...then u run it again on 2nd down...because 3rd and 5 is much easier to convert as opposed to 3rd and 8

slapper...no we shouldnt have thrown the ball that many times...the reason we did is because we thought we could beat u in other phases of the game...had liberty run the ball each and every down 2 things would have happened...NS would have only scored 1 TD and still lost the game...and liberty would not have had a low yards per carry average...no game has been called like the NS game this year by our staff...i will say they have changed the strategy a bit for the better...but if i were them i would just run the ball nonstop = no turnovers which in turn = Ws...wouldnt u agree???   i am completely against passing the ball on 1st down...and if u only get 2 yards on 1st down with the run...then u run it again on 2nd down...because 3rd and 5 is much easier to convert as opposed to 3rd and 8

Excuse me for butting in but I couldn't help but overhear (read) your conversation. Although I understand the premise I disagree with the logic. The problem I have with your preferred style of playcalling limits the offense and his highly predictable. It also limits the maturation process of the QB and the WR's thrpughout ther year while putting undue pressure to convert on third and long too often. That line of thinking and playcalling may not hurt you against medicore to below average defenses but It will cost you games against quality teams with good run stopping defenses. Let's face it. Those are the types of teams you will face game-in and game-out during the playoffs.

Just my 0.02 worth of an opinion.

Excuse me for butting in but I couldn't help but overhear (read) your conversation. Although I understand the premise I disagree with the logic. The problem I have with your preferred style of playcalling limits the offense and his highly predictable. It also limits the maturation process of the QB and the WR's thrpughout ther year while putting undue pressure to convert on third and long too often. That line of thinking and playcalling may not hurt you against medicore to below average defenses but It will cost you games against quality teams with good run stopping defenses. Let's face it. Those are the types of teams you will face game-in and game-out during the playoffs.

Whoa, whoa, whoa KWC! I'm not sure he understands what you are saying, but let's not give Liberty any ideas!!!

Excuse me for butting in but I couldn't help but overhear (read) your conversation. Although I understand the premise I disagree with the logic. The problem I have with your preferred style of playcalling limits the offense and his highly predictable. It also limits the maturation process of the QB and the WR's thrpughout ther year while putting undue pressure to convert on third and long too often. That line of thinking and playcalling may not hurt you against medicore to below average defenses but It will cost you games against quality teams with good run stopping defenses. Let's face it. Those are the types of teams you will face game-in and game-out during the playoffs.

im a penny pincher...so ill take ur 2 cents...our qb is a freshman...only 1 wr has any experience on the varsity level until this year...and he was our qb to begin the season

i understand what ur saying...but my personal belief is that a team should establish the run 1st and foremost...NS was the kids 2nd game as a starter...and they put it in his hands over and over again to throw the ball...i say...take the lead with the run...get up 2 or 3 scores...then u can wing it around a bit and work on things...thats what we did against ripley...thats what we did against craigmont...thats also why those teams were able to hang around in the games...we could have put them away with the run...but we seemed to be working on the passing game...and thats fine...against NS it was all pass 1st and try to recover with the run...and NS has a pretty nice run D

i realize that trezevant has a pretty nice D...is it as special as last year??? id like to know

but i will say that their schedule is pretty weak...only 1 team they played is still alive and that team didnt exactly impress against Kirby...ive seen Kirby...theyre not so great

its nice to have that memphis mystique...but trezevant isnt exactly doin it against the big dogs of 5a and 6a like ur own boys KWC

ive heard all kinds of stats...not sure how true but im curious

like...no one has rushed for 100 yards on them...or maybe even no team has rushed for 100 total...or they only give up 15 yards a game on the ground...im very curious about those stats...not that i dont believe them after reviewing their schedule...it could really be legit...im sure ill find out friday...my personal belief is that our 1st carry or 2 will beat that 15 yard per game average

Whoa, whoa, whoa KWC! I'm not sure he understands what you are saying, but let's not give Liberty any ideas!!!

slapper...i understand u should have the lead b4 u take chances...especially with a freshman at the helm...does it bother u that we played our worst game of the season against ur indians...and we still beat them???  i know it would annoy me if a team wasnt playing well and i still couldnt sniff the endzone...course i might get to go thru that friday night...who knows

slapper...i understand u should have the lead b4 u take chances...especially with a freshman at the helm...does it bother u that we played our worst game of the season against ur indians...and we still beat them??? i know it would annoy me if a team wasnt playing well and i still couldnt sniff the endzone...course i might get to go thru that friday night...who knows

Im done with you! You will never give NS any credit. ITS THE COACHES PLAY CALLIN that kept NS in the game. You want to say it was y'all's worst game, I'll say it was NS's best game! Don't give NS and the other teams any credit that beat you and you will continue to lose! I'll take it!!!