11 AA 2013-2014 predictions? Players to watch?

basketballjones

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure I don't recall East beating them by 34, if I remember correctly it ended as a 17 point game. East jumped on Waverly early in that game and it was the 2nd half before Waverly got into a flow and actually had the lead down to 6 with the ball and had a very questionable call that changed the momentum and East ended up pulling away. East is a very long athletic team that can create problems for most teams, Waverly included. Hopefully if all goes well, they can meet again for a chance to go to the big show.

I saw this thread and thought I would give my 2 cents worth even though I'm a Harpeth fan and they use to be in this district.

I went and watched Creek Wood play Camden this past Friday night. Wow Creek Wood really played well. Beat Camden, I think by 30 something. Their 5 starters can play. Their bench is what will keep them from consistently beating good team. And the fact that #23 never passes the ball. Great player just very selfish. They would be a lot harder to guard if they would all pass the ball like #24 their point guard and the Plunkett kid. And 24 and plunkett don't even get a chance to shoot. And both can. 4 of their 5 starters can score. I can see why Waverly had beat them twice.

Also I saw waverly play early in the year against harpeth. They also are very strong. They got a nice pick up post player. He really makes the difference for them. I can't Creek wood or Camden beating them this year. Plus they are coached very well. Over all I think Creek wood and waverly are the strength. Camden is alone at 3rd. By reading the scores in the paper, it looks like a huge drop after these 3 teams.

Just my thoughts.

I'm also a Harpeth fan, but still follow this district since we were in it and am familiar with several kids playing. Looks like someone from this district could possibly match up with Cheatham in the sectionals since I don't see anyone beating CPA. I've seen Creek Wood play several times this year and they are capable of scoring a lot of points and have good coaching. I would say they are a clear second place team in this district. I have also seen Waverly play a few times this year and they seem like the clear team to beat in this district. They have a left handed post player that is pretty tough and the Smith kid seems to be able to score whenever he wants when he is on. Both teams can definitely score, but to me the main difference in these teams from the times I've seen them play is at the point guard position. Creek Wood really doesn't have a true point while Waverly's Dell is one of the best point guards I've seen. I know he was the difference when they beat Harpeth earlier. If they do match up with Cheatham I would probably give a very slight edge to Cheatham, but I do think it would be a great game. Who is hosting their district tournament this year? 

I'm also a Harpeth fan, but still follow this district since we were in it and am familiar with several kids playing. Looks like someone from this district could possibly match up with Cheatham in the sectionals since I don't see anyone beating CPA. I've seen Creek Wood play several times this year and they are capable of scoring a lot of points and have good coaching. I would say they are a clear second place team in this district. I have also seen Waverly play a few times this year and they seem like the clear team to beat in this district. They have a left handed post player that is pretty tough and the Smith kid seems to be able to score whenever he wants when he is on. Both teams can definitely score, but to me the main difference in these teams from the times I've seen them play is at the point guard position. Creek Wood really doesn't have a true point while Waverly's Dell is one of the best point guards I've seen. I know he was the difference when they beat Harpeth earlier. If they do match up with Cheatham I would probably give a very slight edge to Cheatham, but I do think it would be a great game. Who is hosting their district tournament this year?

Waverly is hosting District.

Well how does everyone think tournament will end up. Interested to see

if anyone has something for Waverly... I think Camden probably has best 

chance at an upset. Both games were fairly competitive. Creekwood will have 

hard time against Camden this time around if they both win prelim games.

Have gotten to watch last two Creekwood home games and they are playing

well right now. As previous post said if #23 would give up ball every now and

then they could be team to be reckoned with.. He just never passes to anyone,

you can see that teammates are tired of it. They(cw)are really good offensively.

Now as to Waverly they will be in weak side of bracket and this will help them

in long run. They are playing great right now. I cant see anyone touching them

at home. Big question will be can they compete in regions.. these are just my

thoughts.. lets here someone else's