11 AA 2013-2014 predictions? Players to watch?

basketballjones

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Giles lost the game on purpose so they could stay out of CPA's bracket. Figured their chances were better to beat Waverly and then Camden/Cascade winner. Think you are underestimating Giles because of scores. If I were picking one upset, this would be the one. Being at Waverly is a definite advantage but Giles is more talented than record would indicate.

Giles lost the game on purpose so they could stay out of CPA's bracket. Figured their chances were better to beat Waverly and then Camden/Cascade winner. Think you are underestimating Giles because of scores. If I were picking one upset, this would be the one. Being at Waverly is a definite advantage but Giles is more talented than record would indicate.

What type of coach would lose any game on purpose? I understand the situation with CPA and they literally are cheating by remaining in public division. But can't see where losing any game on purpose is the right thing to do. What are you teaching your kids. Ridiculous.

Giles lost the game on purpose so they could stay out of CPA's bracket. Figured their chances were better to beat Waverly and then Camden/Cascade winner. Think you are underestimating Giles because of scores. If I were picking one upset, this would be the one. Being at Waverly is a definite advantage but Giles is more talented than record would indicate.

I've looked at Giles results and their opponents results. There is not one meaningful victory on the schedule this year. The Waverly schedule was pretty easy, but they beat Nashville East Magnet earlier in the year and a few top 25 ranked teams.

Based on results this year I don't see Giles staying within 15 points.

Now past that I see Cascade being a tough game and CPA could be ugly. They are straight up awesome.

Feel sorry for Creekwood. They have a very good team and will beat Page then be rewarded with a season ending pounding against maybe the best team in any classification.

It's the playoffs. Browsing through the thread for region 5 there's a couple comments about the importance of winning the region because the loser gets CPA. Also a couple saying CPA should be in the private division instead of public. How do they get away with that anyhow? It is a private school right?

Camden/Cascade could be the game of this region.  Only wish all these games were at one site so we could show some support to all 4 teams.  

You were right Cascade by 3 62-59... Hate I didn't go but to be Honest...both our districts seem so spread out almost 3 hours drive?  When they realigned both districts everyone got screwed as far as gas goes.  Stewart county is particularly far...when they play Lewis its 3 hours plus drive... Almost Kentucky to Bama.. who ever came up with these two districts needs to be checked for retardation.

The Public vs private school thing is coming to a head nationally  Mike and Mike were going on about it Thursday...  Really shouldn't happen but at the same time in rural states like Tennessee /Kentucky whats the other option? I know in more populated states its not a problem because they  don't play each other in tournaments.. here is a good article  http://www.rrstar.com/x465798996/Public-private-war-in-high-school-sports-is-national-issue

It's the playoffs. Browsing through the thread for region 5 there's a couple comments about the importance of winning the region because the loser gets CPA. Also a couple saying CPA should be in the private division instead of public. How do they get away with that anyhow? It is a private school right?

Good question as to how they get away with it. There have been rumors for years about improper contact and possible recruiting going on--but there has never been any proof, and people who know things are unwilling to come forward. 

Just recently I posted something from the CPA Mr. Basketball nominee's's facebook page, showing that he was recruited to the school (I had taken out all identifying info, and provided no links-but left enough info to show that what I said was true) and whoever reads this forum from CPA contacted the player, and it magically disapeared within hours of my post, even though it had been there since May 2011 until that day. 

Looks dishonest, and like they have something to hide to me...plus, the usual CPA supporters are quite silent on the whole thing. No accusations toward me, none of the typical defenses. Is it possible they are realizing, finally, that something in their basketball program is not right?

The info has been sent to the TSSAA--let's hope they will investigate, and get the truth--not just the info that CPA wants out there.

Check out the CPA thread for more info: http://www.coacht.com/boards/index.php/topic/235490-cpa-basketball/page-22?hl=+cpa

Edited by rulefollower

This is not the thread for that, DAD1. Let's please keep this focused on our teams and/or players.  There are other threads that have been highjacked for personal attacks and/or negative comments.  CPA is in our region now.  How they got there is not our concern at the moment.  Our district has battled each other all year tough - top to bottom. No coach threw in a white towel to get a better seed.  Lewis County lost to a very good CPA team on Saturday.  Now the sharpshooters from Creek Wood has a shot at them.  I cannot wait to see the game.  If CPA is the better team Tuesday night, so be it.  I just read where Haywood lost (I think it was said only Jackson Southside and Haywood could possibly beat CPA in a thread on here).  On any given night, any team can be beat.  Isn't that why we play the game?  Creek Wood bring your A+ game like you have done all year.  Waverly play your best game against a Cascade team that barely beat our brothers in Camden.  

Rulefollower, if CPA has done something wrong and there is evidence of it, report it to the appropriate person/organization.  Let them investigate it and accept the decision.  One another note, found the link to be interesting reading, thanks.

We have to remember the players read these boards as well as us, the fans/parents/adults.  Good luck to all 4 teams, play hard and may no one get injured Tuesday night.

Edited by YankeeBlood42