Hendersonville vs. Station Camp Round 2

Cougar97

It should not have been close... Hendersonville should've made it 28-7 going into the 4th. There was deep fog that came in, and things started getting really weird. Threw a pick to Malone in the Red Zone and he ran it all the way back 90+ yards. Ball game, back on to make it 21-14. Gave Station Camp all the momemtum to go and tie it up heading into OT.

Hendersonville had multiple chances to put them away. If they had capitalized and cut out the silly penalties.. You're looking at a blowout.

Not surprised at this result at all! Congrats Hendersonville

Talent wise SC will still be pretty good next year. I believe all of the skill players are back except Josh Malone. They lose the Nash boys, Zaffore, Abraham, Tope, Frazier, and Langford so will not be as good up front. After 2014 they will have some challenges as the middle school went 0-8, I believe the freshman went 2-5, and the sophomores were just average.

Talent wise SC will still be pretty good next year. I believe all of the skill players are back except Josh Malone. They lose the Nash boys, Zaffore, Abraham, Tope, Frazier, and Langford so will not be as good up front. After 2014 they will have some challenges as the middle school went 0-8, I believe the freshman went 2-5, and the sophomores were just average.

Who, talent wise, will be able to step up to Hendersonville in the coming years? They haven't lost a single freshman game in over 2 years. So a lot of great talent coming up in the program, and it doesn't look like that's stopping anytime soon with the Hawkins Commandos winning the middle school league.

Doesn't look like it'll be SC... Gallatin and MJ would be my best bet.

Wow!  Did not see this coming and I don't think the SC faithful did either.  Does the 2nd round loss to a rival, diminish some of the satisfaction of the district championship?  With probably the best team in school history and with the best player in the state (arguably), is it disappointing to not go farther or is it just that hard in AAAAAA to advance?  

I wasn't surprised by the outcome at all, and a big congrats to the Commandoes for pulling out the W! When you have a player like Malone, you have to get the ball in his hands. Hollingsworth dropped the ball on this one - literally. And if the "best player in the state" had of been in that situation, you can bet he would have had more than 47 total yards. Sad.

I wasn't surprised by the outcome at all, and a big congrats to the Commandoes for pulling out the W! When you have a player like Malone, you have to get the ball in his hands. Hollingsworth dropped the ball on this one - literally. And if the "best player in the state" had of been in that situation, you can bet he would have had more than 47 total yards. Sad.

Though it's his responsibility, he's not the OC. SC loses a lot this year. They will be competitive next year, but nowhere near what they were this year. I believe next year's level of success will be a testament to the level of coaching. SC had the most talent this year, win a district championship but couldn't advance past the second round. Next year they will not have the most talent. Let's see where they land...

I believe HHS will be the team to beat for the next several years in district 9AAA.

Though it's his responsibility, he's not the OC. SC loses a lot this year. They will be competitive next year, but nowhere near what they were this year. I believe next year's level of success will be a testament to the level of coaching. SC had the most talent this year, win a district championship but couldn't advance past the second round. Next year they will not have the most talent. Let's see where they land...

I believe HHS will be the team to beat for the next several years in district 9AAA.

With Tre Malone, SC will be more run oriented. Questions? Who will step up on the line? Who will step up to catch an Anderton pass? I believe defenses will load the box.

With Tre Malone, SC will be more run oriented. Questions? Who will step up on the line? Who will step up to catch an Anderton pass? I believe defenses will load the box.

There are several capable WRs, although they will be nowhere near the caliber of Malone. This just means that scheme will become much more important. Verdict is still out on that.