Oak Ridge 2014

OR nole

I may be wrong but I think he started four years.

Wow. Started as a Frosh, too? I was in the navy from 2002-2006 so I missed a lot of Spencer's years, unfortunately. The reason why I was wondering because I was trying to figure out who I was going to put with Pope, Summers, and Coach Armstrong on the Mt Rushmore lol. I am having a hard time deciding between Spencer and Shaun Bohanon. Spencer had more yds, but Shaun only started 2 years because Shawn Williams started Bohanon's Soph year. Spencer holds the all time rush record, but he should if he started that many years. Bohanon still holds the all time single season rush yard record. I'm a little partial to Bohanon because I grew up and played with him my whole life. Either way close tie between those too. I lean towards Bohanon because even though he doesn't have as many total yards he had a ton for only starting 2 whole years.. On the Mt Rushmore can we put half of Bohanon's face and half of Spencer's also?

Edited by SweetScience

Sure, I get it. I'm just an all-sports OR fan. If I have my eras right, TSSAA site has McNamee with five boys cross country titles and three girls along with a girls track title. Nine state titles is hard to come by. (Again if I have my eras correct, the current coach has three boys and three girls titles and a few runner up finishes.) From my initial list I switched Martin for Hale, whose 79 and 80 teams were really good. Fun to discuss. As for players I think gulmire does belong.

Only reason i would put Martin over Mcnamee is because without Martin their would not even be OR sports. He was the founder of the whole athletic dept and had 7 or so State Track titles, not to mention our first football coach who gave us our school colors and team mascot. I love Mcnamee and he was my teacher in hs and a great man, but for the reasons i mentioned Martin would be way ahead in terms of what he gave to OR.

OR has a sports Hall of Fame, doesn't it? Is there a website that lists membership? I'm sure that all of the coaches and players that you have mentioned are in there but I would like to see a list.

Good points on Martin. I did not realize how important he was to OR athletics other then being a legendary track coach. I don't know anything about McNamee outside of his winning. (Not as much winning walking around in the halls any more now that he and Prudden are retired or not coaching.)

OR has a sports Hall of Fame, doesn't it? Is there a website that lists membership? I'm sure that all of the coaches and players that you have mentioned are in there but I would like to see a list.

Good points on Martin. I did not realize how important he was to OR athletics other then being a legendary track coach. I don't know anything about McNamee outside of his winning. (Not as much winning walking around in the halls any more now that he and Prudden are retired or not coaching.)

Not sure where that could be found, but in the bowling alley (of all places) they have a wall dedicated to the OR sports hall of famers. Everybody that is in it has their picture on that wall, it's pretty cool actually.