Oak Ridge 2014

OR nole

Wow. Started as a Frosh, too? I was in the navy from 2002-2006 so I missed a lot of Spencer's years, unfortunately. The reason why I was wondering because I was trying to figure out who I was going to put with Pope, Summers, and Coach Armstrong on the Mt Rushmore lol. I am having a hard time deciding between Spencer and Shaun Bohanon. Spencer had more yds, but Shaun only started 2 years because Shawn Williams started Bohanon's Soph year. Spencer holds the all time rush record, but he should if he started that many years. Bohanon still holds the all time single season rush yard record. I'm a little partial to Bohanon because I grew up and played with him my whole life. Either way close tie between those too. I lean towards Bohanon because even though he doesn't have as many total yards he had a ton for only starting 2 whole years.. On the Mt Rushmore can we put half of Bohanon's face and half of Spencer's also?

Spencer backed up/split time with Corey Booker his frosh and soph years. He did start both of those years at linebacker. He was the main back for his junior and senior seasons.

Gaddis led the way as he addressed the City Council tonight and many others followed his lead. It was an impressive group. It will be hard to disagree with Gaddis and the way he presented it. The other speakers were also quite impressive. I expect at least one city council member to oppose him and maybe two, and bladerunner will oppose him, but he will win this battle. The school board will support him too.

Gaddis led the way as he addressed the City Council tonight and many others followed his lead. It was an impressive group. It will be hard to disagree with Gaddis and the way he presented it. The other speakers were also quite impressive. I expect at least one city council member to oppose him and maybe two, and bladerunner will oppose him, but he will win this battle. The school board will support him too.

Ok then I guess it was brought up lol. I'm glad.

Is what Coach Gaddis said tonight and also a week or so ago posted anywhere ? I didn't have the privilege to hear what was said.

Both were on TV but I don't know where you could get a transcript of it. He basically described the tradition of OR football, how great OR is, and how great the 'Ship is, and how the school board and city should come together to fund replacing the visitors bleachers. He also took on the city manager's idea of moving temporary bleachers in every Friday night when there was a home game. My favorite line was when he said something about "he didn't know of even a rinky dink Podunk town that would even be willing to do that...much less Oak Ridge". I stood up and applauded...and I was at home !!!!  My wife told me to "get a life".  LOL

Another thread asks for the "Mt. Rushmore" of your school. I haven't been around long enough to pick four. Lots of greats would be left out. Start with Jackie Pope.

I just posted mine on the other thread. I have one for players and one for coaches.

PLAYERS- Jackie Pope, Doug Martin, Shawn Summers, and Spencer Gulmire

COACHES- Ben Martin, Jack Armstrong, Emory Hale, and Joe Gaddis

You are always trying to pick a fight with me Cats..

You are always trying to pick a fight with me Cats..

Just being totally honest, I like you. I think you bring an interesting element to a sometimes boring forum. We actually agree more than we disagree but the disagreements are more fun. I think you go a bit overboard sometimes with your comments but I do too. I think you purposely "pick" at people so I purposely "pick" at you on occasion. I think we would be friends if we knew one another personally. You probably disagree. LOL