Oak Ridge 2014

OR nole

Congrats to Basketball team, by the way.

After considerable thought I have come to the conclusion that Oak Ridge is now what some might consider a "basketball school".

I would go on record to say that Oak Ridge is a "sports" school. And the best sports program in the state. Edited by bladerunner

Every school in Tennessee is a "football school." Fewer produce good programs in every season. OR has that in the fall with football, girls soccer, and cross country, in the winter with basketball, and in the spring with track and boys soccer. Why doesn't OR have wrestling? Seems like a good way for football players to stay competitive in winter.

Aaron Green is a heck of a coach and is fun to watch, kind of like Gaddis. Both are passionate about winning.

I would go on record to say that Oak Ridge is a "sports" school. And the best sports program in the state.

I agree with you bladerunner. While football has long been the most popular sport in OR since the 1940s we have the best overall sports program in Tennessee. Football has the most championships among the big "spectator" sports but cross country may actually have the most overall. I hope girls basketball becomes good again and football becomes a state contender again. Hopefully baseball will pick it up a few notches as well.

Every school in Tennessee is a "football school." Fewer produce good programs in every season. OR has that in the fall with football, girls soccer, and cross country, in the winter with basketball, and in the spring with track and boys soccer. Why doesn't OR have wrestling? Seems like a good way for football players to stay competitive in winter.

Aaron Green is a heck of a coach and is fun to watch, kind of like Gaddis. Both are passionate about winning.

I agree with you too. Both guys are intense and fun to watch. They almost create a side show with their passion but it's all about winning and they've both done that. I really hope we win a lot in football next year.

Back to football I'm going to express concern AGAIN about the lack of a back with SPEED (the kind of speed to go the distance anytime he touches the ball). The great teams almost always have one. I have no idea who that guy is. That's a problem.

We got what we got and the team will do well. There are two guys like you describe, unfortunately they are both in the 7th grade right know.

We got what we got and the team will do well. There are two guys like you describe, unfortunately they are both in the 7th grade right know.

I agree with "we got what we got" but lack of speed is a real issue. I heard on the news this morning a reminder of what Butch Jones said last year after the Auburn game...SPEED DIFFERENTIAL. We can't recruit and we've got what we got but lack of speed at the running back or QB position is a critical issue.

I agree with "we got what we got" but lack of speed is a real issue. I heard on the news this morning a reminder of what Butch Jones said last year after the Auburn game...SPEED DIFFERENTIAL. We can't recruit and we've got what we got but lack of speed at the running back or QB position is a critical issue.

What is your best plan to fix said issue? Seems like if we got what we got we don't got a chance of getting what we don't got.