Who takes over at Chatt Central?

tistheseason

This is a "diamond in the rough" program, among the largest schools in Class AA/4A and plenty of athletes. I still think a name change to Harrison and maybe even a new mascot change would rally the community around the teams there.

Indian the attendance at the games have been good.  many people have said that but a name change is not going to make the school any better. I think the mascot is unique. Now why doesn't Sequatchie change its mascot? You know the symbol for the team makes it unique. I believe the greatest thing to hurt this program were their previous coach hires. I do believe they can be selective. Yes like you I believe it is a diamond in the rough  like you ,but it can be a polished diamond. Jus have to make the right hire. The athletes are there.

Stan I understand. For me if he did not want to be here I think he should have left. I do think he improved the facilities and turned around the budget and did straightened out the program. I just feel he did not want to come back this year and started to work on his leaving before the season.  I think it hurt him in his coaching this year.

Stan I understand. For me if he did not want to be here I think he should have left. I do think he improved the facilities and turned around the budget and did straightened out the program. I just feel he did not want to come back this year and started to work on his leaving before the season.  I think it hurt him in his coaching this year.

i think he was working on it also and i am sure it effected coaching and practice habits.  That being said, i have led the choir about all the problems i have seen this year and i feel bad about most of it and realize, that while i was not wrong in what i was saying, i was in my delivery on this site. But i was completely frustrated by the whole thing and at the East ridge game was when i heard about him telling the other coaches his heart was not in it.  That is why i was so over critical of everything. they totally underachieved this year as Pounder1 said and i still believe it had something to do with a coach that has his mind and heart in another place.   Anyone can go back and look, i defended the guy on this site all the way through 2012 season because i never felt he should be judged until he got the team fully under his control.  That was this year.  All the parents and players were all in and there was full support.  

Allen has resigned and admittedly told he players they deserve better, i will take his word on that.   Not going to to continue to beat the dead horse and i wish him luck.   Lets focus on the next coach

That is good the numbers attending are up. It has been a while but I remember football and basketball games there that the visiting crowd was larger. Keep the Pounder name but I think a change to Harrison would add more of an identity. It's a completely different school than the old Central HS in the city, it would be like starting Signal Mt HS and naming it Chattanooga West.

I just got a phone call from a booster club member that told me what tis was probably hinting at about Allen. Seems Allen has already washed his hands of the players and program at central. Will not even give the boys a banquet. Booster club is going to try to have the banquet without the coaching staff. I was told that only coach cook will attend. Brother john will not even see his seniors out...

Gosh I hope that this is not true. If so he needs to go now. The team deserves the banquet. I am sure the other coaches with the team will be there. I hope they will. They need leadership for the team. Surely he would like to be there when they have it this was his team. I just hope that this is not true.

I think I know who the volunteer was. I wonder what the other coaches think about Allen now.? What is he upset about?. Is it because people found out he was leaving and where he was trying to go. Did they say anything about a search committee  Was Mr. King there. What did the booster club say about a coach search. They need to have a representative on that search committee.