Future of the Price Twins?

SantaClause

I am pretty sure that the coaches salary is a separate supplement from the teaching salary and I am pretty sure the last #'s I saw a couple of years ago was that CC's was $4,000.00 and AC's was around $6,000.00 and OR's was somewhere around $9,000.00.  The rest of the salary is from what they make as teachers.  I could be wrong but when I was talking to Ellison when he was coaching at Wartburg when I looked at the numbers Daveys was pretty high in comparison to a lot of the coaches with his base salary+the supplement but OR was still higher.  Do not forget that when the Price twins were at AC they were assistants so their supplement was drastically smaller than the head coach so I would venture to say that even if Justin got $4,000 on top of his salary as a teacher and Matt $2,000 that would be more than what they would have been making at AC as assistants, that combined with the opportunity to become a head coach is probably why they are at CC and not because CC broke out some major amount of money.  With Daveys base salary and his supplement I would venture to say that among OR, AC and CC the pay scale is as follows:

OR

AC

CC

According to the current approved OR city school board approved budget, the supplement for a head football coach with Gaddis' experience is somewhere between 9k and 10k. Although, I would imagine that the OR school board could probably negotiate a head football coach's salary, if necessary. But who knows.

Edited by osunut2

According to the current approved OR city school board approved budget, the supplement for a head football coach with Gaddis' experience is somewhere between 9k and 10k. Although, I would imagine that the OR school board could probably negotiate a head football coach's salary, if necessary. But who knows.

That is right in line with what I saw and was saying, unless CC approved around a $12,000 coaches supplement Justin is not paid any where near Gaddis and is probably still behind Gillum with Gillums salary.

I am pretty sure that the coaches salary is a separate supplement from the teaching salary and I am pretty sure the last #'s I saw a couple of years ago was that CC's was $4,000.00 and AC's was around $6,000.00 and OR's was somewhere around $9,000.00.  The rest of the salary is from what they make as teachers.  I could be wrong but when I was talking to Ellison when he was coaching at Wartburg when I looked at the numbers Daveys was pretty high in comparison to a lot of the coaches with his base salary+the supplement but OR was still higher.  Do not forget that when the Price twins were at AC they were assistants so their supplement was drastically smaller than the head coach so I would venture to say that even if Justin got $4,000 on top of his salary as a teacher and Matt $2,000 that would be more than what they would have been making at AC as assistants, that combined with the opportunity to become a head coach is probably why they are at CC and not because CC broke out some major amount of money.  With Daveys base salary and his supplement I would venture to say that among OR, AC and CC the pay scale is as follows:

OR

AC

CC

I again can assure you, both the CC coaches make well over the 9000 u came up with. Both!

I again can assure you, both the CC coaches make well over the 9000 u came up with. Both!

So you are saying that Justin and Matt each ge $9,000 above their teaching salary. That would be an increase of $5,000 for the head coach and $7,000 for the assistant over what CC was paying in 2010 and an increase of $13,000 for the combo. I am not saying that is not the case, but it is hard for me to beleive that kind of increase seeing how that is a school budget issue and not just a guy making the decision to do it, I would have to see some sort of proof and not just take someones word for it as that is a very high increase for a Taxpayer paid budget and I would also venture to say that OR and AC both are paying a higher teaching salary to begin with to Davey and Gaddis. But it really makes no difference because I think if Justin and Matt left CC anytime soon it would be a mistake for them, they have a good thing going up there and some things are worth more than a few thousand dollars a year.

So you are saying that Justin and Matt each ge $9,000 above their teaching salary. That would be an increase of $5,000 for the head coach and $7,000 for the assistant over what CC was paying in 2010 and an increase of $13,000 for the combo. I am not saying that is not the case, but it is hard for me to beleive that kind of increase seeing how that is a school budget issue and not just a guy making the decision to do it, I would have to see some sort of proof and not just take someones word for it as that is a very high increase for a Taxpayer paid budget and I would also venture to say that OR and AC both are paying a higher teaching salary to begin with to Davey and Gaddis. But it really makes no difference because I think if Justin and Matt left CC anytime soon it would be a mistake for them, they have a good thing going up there and some things are worth more than a few thousand dollars a year.

I would also hope that the CC taxpayers would be interested in transparency, without having to audit the school system. I searched for a couple of days for the CC schools budget, and I've still failed to get a budget report. It shouldn't be that difficult to get this information. This is something that should be available to the public, like every other school system that I've checked.

I'm not trying to beat a dead horse, I just think that the taxpayers deserve to know where their money goes.

Edited by osunut2

I would also hope that the CC taxpayers would be interested in transparency, without having to audit the school system. I searched for a couple of days for the CC schools budget, and I've still failed to get a budget report. It shouldn't be that difficult to get this information. This is something that should be available to the public, like every other school system that I've checked.

I'm not trying to beat a dead horse, I just think that the taxpayers deserve to know where their money goes.

CC will not let the Price Twins get away, they will pay up whatever they have to

After they hang the moon and solve the world's great questions they might be able to coach some, just being involved in a private school and hearing what the coaches have to say when coming from community schoolsthat they are held to a certain pay level for all coaches, unless CC can pay out of the boosters then the pay they get will be what they get. These guys are still just football coaches HS ones at that with one good year under their belt, before you want to crown them the saving grace maybe let them get a little history and then pass the crown to them until then they are coaches that won some football games in one of the worst districts in the state and came out with 10 wins against teams like Karns , Central, Clinton, a rebuilding Oak Ridge and two teams they were able to line up for the pre district warm up. Befor you reply about our beat down by AC, I can say we are rebuilding as well after four years of very bad coaching.

After they hang the moon and solve the world's great questions they might be able to coach some, just being involved in a private school and hearing what the coaches have to say when coming from community schoolsthat they are held to a certain pay level for all coaches, unless CC can pay out of the boosters then the pay they get will be what they get. These guys are still just football coaches HS ones at that with one good year under their belt, before you want to crown them the saving grace maybe let them get a little history and then pass the crown to them until then they are coaches that won some football games in one of the worst districts in the state and came out with 10 wins against teams like Karns , Central, Clinton, a rebuilding Oak Ridge and two teams they were able to line up for the pre district warm up. Befor you reply about our beat down by AC, I can say we are rebuilding as well after four years of very bad coaching.

:popcorneater:

Edited by Space3

Irish Boy , everyone hates catholic, Good bye

Thats fine as its ok for you guys to carry on with your NONE SENSE  and if anyone disagrees then you hate, correct me if I am wrong the district is way down from years past, CC beat a Powell team thats was running with their fourth string QB, the thing is you guys act like the twins are worth more money then other coaches and they have not done anything except for one year, lets see them create a track record then give them the crown... Yes they had a great season for CC but one year doesn't justify the bs of saying they deserve something more then the other guy... Lets see if this is a good football team due to class of players this year or if they do it year after year, then you can say they are the greatest until then they are still average football coaches. This Friday will show what the gap is between a great program and a one year wonder.