Future of the Price Twins?

SantaClause

Exactly! All we can do as fans is hope that the CC administration is smart enough to do what it takes to keep them.

Don't forget about the taxpayers. To pay those two, you have to take away from other parts of the school budget or increase the school budget (increase taxes or take away from something else). The last thing CC needs to do is take away from their school budget.

Edited by osunut2

Don't forget about the taxpayers. To pay those two, you have to take away from other parts of the school budget or increase the school budget (increase taxes or take away from something else). The last thing CC needs to do is take away from their school budget.

Agreed. The part of my post that states, "do what it takes" is emphasized.

Where there's a will there's a way.

I can think of a bunch of reasons - $$$

There is no Knox county job that can pay them like a CC or AC can. Remember, this is a package deal. If you hire Justin, u gotta find Matt a job. So u gotta have two teaching openings, plus pay them practically the same to coach. These boys are the talk of CC and after the bronze statue is erected outside HopeDossett stadium, it'll be hard for them to leave.

Also remember, there's not the pressure to win every year at CC like there is at other places. I literally think they could go 5-5 the next 15 years and CC wouldn't fire them. It's theirs as long as they want it.

Plus they have upgraded the weight rooms and feild house to up to date standards, and there getting ready to spend big bucks on the concrete bleachers this winter/ spring. There's not many places out there with nicer stadium or facilities than CC. In all sports!!

Edited by CarolinaCrazy

There is no Knox county job that can pay them like a CC or AC can. Remember, this is a package deal. If you hire Justin, u gotta find Matt a job. So u gotta have two teaching openings, plus pay them practically the same to coach. These boys are the talk of CC and after the bronze statue is erected outside HopeDossett stadium, it'll be hard for them to leave.

Also remember, there's not the pressure to win every year at CC like there is at other places. I literally think they could go 5-5 the next 15 years and CC wouldn't fire them. It's theirs as long as they want it.

Plus they have upgraded the weight rooms and feild house to up to date standards, and there getting ready to spend big bucks on the concrete bleachers this winter/ spring. There's not many places out there with nicer stadium or facilities than CC. In all sports!!

If they dont win then you dont half to worrie about anyone wanting them.... I just wonder if AC coach went somewhere (college level) if they would offer The Price Twins the job? They do live in Andersonville...lol

If they dont win then you dont half to worrie about anyone wanting them.... I just wonder if AC coach went somewhere (college level) if they would offer The Price Twins the job? They do live in Andersonville...lol

I think them boys no better than to leave CC for AC ,but hey anything can happen. Ac schools do pay better right?

I think them boys no better than to leave CC for AC ,but hey anything can happen. Ac schools do pay better right?

No. I can assure you that they both are paid more than AC coach. Way more. They wanted them bad!!!! Remember that they were offered the job, told CC what it would take to leave AC, then CC balked, hired a guy that lasted less than 90 days and they needed a coach bad!! That's when they re approached them with the correct figures and whale, the rest is history. I'd venture to say, they are the highest paid in the district.

I am pretty sure that the coaches salary is a separate supplement from the teaching salary and I am pretty sure the last #'s I saw a couple of years ago was that CC's was $4,000.00 and AC's was around $6,000.00 and OR's was somewhere around $9,000.00.  The rest of the salary is from what they make as teachers.  I could be wrong but when I was talking to Ellison when he was coaching at Wartburg when I looked at the numbers Daveys was pretty high in comparison to a lot of the coaches with his base salary+the supplement but OR was still higher.  Do not forget that when the Price twins were at AC they were assistants so their supplement was drastically smaller than the head coach so I would venture to say that even if Justin got $4,000 on top of his salary as a teacher and Matt $2,000 that would be more than what they would have been making at AC as assistants, that combined with the opportunity to become a head coach is probably why they are at CC and not because CC broke out some major amount of money.  With Daveys base salary and his supplement I would venture to say that among OR, AC and CC the pay scale is as follows:

OR

AC

CC