Union City over the great Jackson South Side?

megatron

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great win for Union City... I saw JSS last Saturday in Franklin and they should very well be back at the glass house this year... They probably are not quite as good as last year due to Meriweather gone... but still very ligit team...

Does UC still have any significant players/starters playing football...  I saw UC last year against Humboldt in the district title game at Peabody and I am very suprised they pulled the upset this year agaisnt JSS... UC had some above average 1A underclassmen but still shocked to see that score...

Great pick up win to start the season... I'll probably be heading down to watch them play in the near future...

They could be, but they bounced back and beat Westview by 59 Saturday. I am assuming the Chargers have quite a few still playing football though. I was as shocked as anyone when I was told they lost UC. Hopefully the loss made them realize that teams will not just lay down because of their name.

South Side only have the Big 3 that can play.They will not be as good as last year. Losing Merriweather and Fuller will hurt a lot. Lack of outside shooting is a error of concern for them.UC 1-3-1 really slowed them down. They had 5 good athletes last year were they could press u the whole game and get turnovers and easy baskets.This year will be a little different. They will get better.

If i were a coach playing South Side, i would stay in 1-3-1 zone and dare them to shoot. They dont have shooters and that will doom them in the postseason against a team that will cut off penetration. Offensively, i would drive all day against Hicks and Vinson and get them in foul trouble. All in all, this team is good, but with major flaws that will make a return trip to state unlikely.