Greeneville vs Fulton

FormerDevil

bvd we don't see eye to eye on this but one thing I know is that we both love the team. With that said, I really don't see how you can say this game was called very well. You could see very early on we weren't going to be taking it up the gut. Why we were trying to run on 3rd and long on drives we were gettin some steam is beyond me. It killed every bit of momentum we had built up when we would get stopped for a yard gain and have to punt. Now, also don't confuse me with a Ballard hater. While I don't think this game was his best work by far, I still love him as our coach and believe he is the man for the job. I can't wait to see what we are bringing next year. He made some mistakes tonight and I am just an upset fan voicing my opinion

Agree, greeneville coach need to abandon the fake punt kick. It killed him in field position!

good to meet you tonight photoman, best of luck cruising to Cookeville.....I don't think you got greenevilles best shot tonight and that's not a sore loser talking, that's just how I feel. we killed ourselves all night and it looked like at times our coach or coaches might have out thought themselves a bit. but im not even sure about that one either. I think if we play ten times, you guys probably win 6 times, that's how close I think we really are, Hayes had an aweful night for us and we couldn't get trevor the ball enough......in the end, the better team won the game tonight, so congrats and we'll see you next year.

bvd we don't see eye to eye on this but one thing I know is that we both love the team. With that said, I really don't see how you can say this game was called very well. You could see very early on we weren't going to be taking it up the gut. Why we were trying to run on 3rd and long on drives we were gettin some steam is beyond me. It killed every bit of momentum we had built up when we would get stopped for a yard gain and have to punt. Now, also don't confuse me with a Ballard hater. While I don't think this game was his best work by far, I still love him as our coach and believe he is the man for the job. I can't wait to see what we are bringing next year. He made some mistakes tonight and I am just an upset fan voicing my opinion

You are the definition of a great high school football fan my friend.

I dont know whom has said they hated the coach , i being the fan that i am since my first Greene Devil Game in 1972 have always followed and cheered the Devils and have never said any hateful remarks about the coaches if you look at the history of Greene Devil football Coach B. has been the best of the best , with Great ones like Ty Disney, The Great Leonard Coffman ,Roy Gregory , Mr. Fred Sorrells , Steve McCurry whom really started the turnaround for greenedevil football . While some are not happy with the season of 12-1 , if you have followed them as long as i have you will have known that the Devils went through some really tough years , while disapointed with the loss there lies a great future for Greene Devil football , just no more than 9 years ago we were a 5-6 team , then a 5-5 team , then a 4-6 team  so things could be worse . while i am like most of the fans questioning some of the play calling against fulton , in the end i feel it was the turnovers that killed us , thank You Greene Devil Coaches for the chance to hollar and yell and for the team that you put on the field Coach Ballard you are the man for the job and kudos for the great job you do for Greene Devil football!

I never said this was a well called game. in fact I believe I said I was frustrated at some of the play calling. As for you being a ballard hater, if I came across as accusing you as one, I apologize, I didn't mean it that way. I was referring to everyone on here giving him down the road after the game. Those were probably some of the "quitters" that were leaving early in the fourth. I hated to see that because these seniors didn't quit, but some of our fans did. I think we have a lot of very spoiled Devils fans and hey, that happens at every level. Winning actually gets boring to some people.....although there isn't a shrink in east Tennessee that could ever make me understand that thought process. Most of my post really wasn't intended directly at you former devil, I guess it was just your post that happened to be the one to put me over the edge. my apologies.

I dont know whom has said they hated the coach , i being the fan that i am since my first Greene Devil Game in 1972 have always followed and cheered the Devils and have never said any hateful remarks about the coaches if you look at the history of Greene Devil football Coach B. has been the best of the best , with Great ones like Ty Disney, The Great Leonard Coffman ,Roy Gregory , Mr. Fred Sorrells , Steve McCurry whom really started the turnaround for greenedevil football . While some are not happy with the season of 12-1 , if you have followed them as long as i have you will have known that the Devils went through some really tough years , while disapointed with the loss there lies a great future for Greene Devil football , just no more than 9 years ago we were a 5-6 team , then a 5-5 team , then a 4-6 team  so things could be worse . while i am like most of the fans questioning some of the play calling against fulton , in the end i feel it was the turnovers that killed us , thank You Greene Devil Coaches for the chance to hollar and yell and for the team that you put on the field Coach Ballard you are the man for the job and kudos for the great job you do for Greene Devil football!

Fulton was always horrible back in the late 80's and such up until they closed rule high and merged them into the Fulton Family then we started to pick up steam and then came state titles.

wouldn't trade Caine Ballard or any of the coaches on his staff for anything...... Lost to a better team last night that's it. The staff at Greeneville are great coaches and better men I've have 3 sons play for that staff and don't believe my boys would be where they are without them. ( 2 playing on Saturday 1 MR FOOTBALL)...

So Coach Caine Ballard , Dan Hammonds, Josh Quillen, Cody Baugh, Eddie Spradlin, Brigham Lyons, Andy McCall, Scott Harris, Greg Dykes, Adam Hansel and Big Danny Bentley I LOVE YOU AND WILL ALWAYS HAVE YOUR BACKS...... GO BIG GREENE..... You to KOW.....

this  man gets it. so for the ballard haters, who better to learn from than a man that has let three of  his sons blossom under these coaches leadership.

some closing thoughts before my fulton vid comes out later this weekend. Games like this always bring out the best and worst in us. I have talked smack all year about this game because I remember how awful last year felt and I remember vividly how the kids felt after getting embarrassed and humbled. I think perhaps a few of our kids...AND US FANS were humbled again in this game. I had all the confidence in the world that our boys could play with fulton and I still believe that. It just wasn't the case on this night. Fulton out played us, Fulton out coached us and our kids just didn't handle the weather as well as they thought they were going to. still a wonderful year for the Greene Team and although this morning they probably feel like he.....LL......before long they will all look back on this season fondly and have some great stories to tell their grandkids some day..( seems like I remember saying a lot of the same things last year).....this was my 4th year covering the Devils on the sidelines and in the locker room and this was a special group of young men, regardless of how this game came out. I think both sides of this budding rivalry have one anothers full respect. Good luck falcons down the stretch, although I don't think you'll need much luck if any at all. Love you Greene Devils and we'll do it all again next year, if I'm still well enough to do so.....GO BIG GREENE.

The 2009-2011 teams made this coaching staff look good. The past 2 years they've gotten out coached in the playoffs. They rode on BJ, Willie, Jamel, both Rollins coat tails. Shawn Jones could've taken those teams to championships

C'mon Man..... Thats a little extreme. What you don't know is coaching is more then win/losses its about leading and motivating young men to be better. Stop Hating....

Was it play calling, or the fact that g-ville hadn't been behind in a game all year? Maybe even the coaches bought into all the hype and thought they were going to roll into this one too? You never talk down to a coach that only looses to Fulton in the play offs ! Good coach and great kids. Just way to much talking about how good they are and at the end, the kids are the ones that were crushed.

C'mon Man..... Thats a little extreme. What you don't know is coaching is more then win/losses its about leading and motivating young men to be better. Stop Hating....

I'm not hating by any means, just calling it like I see it. They do not make any(and I mean 0) in game adjustments. I mean that's good what they do for the kids, but they could do that being boy scout leaders. The thing is don't be so arrogant if you can't back it up! They have a lot to prove in these eyes, and yea that just means something to me and its my opinion. We just gonna have to agree to disagree on this one my long time friend