Greeneville vs Fulton

FormerDevil

color me an idiot I guess then. Sure, I wasn't happy with every play call tonight and at times it was frustrating to watch, but all this ballard bashing is senseless nonsense. How bout for a minute all the ballard bashers step back and look at just what he's done for Greeneville football. For crying out loud, some of you guys are starting to sound like VOLS fans, when fulmer was fired......hows that workin out for ya? FormerDevil I don't expect you or anyone else to be happy about the way this night turned out but lets put some of the blame on execution. These are the exact same plays that have worked for us all season and although I think yes, Coach B. might have outthought himself a bit tonight, Shame on any of you that are bashing him.........as for the falcon stomping.....no excuses for that one. I know the devils do their "hey greene" thing at midfield now every game but im really not sure what they were thinking when they decided to do that.....I think "classless" is a bit to much, but it surely isn't how I would behave, or hope to see my kids behave......chalk tonight up to the obvious....we were beaten by 2 great teams tonight, FULTON and ourselves..........GO DEVILS...I love each and every one of you seniors, thank you for your work and the best to you all in your future persuits.....as for fulton, go get that gold ball now, cause we all know aint nothing standing in your way that can stop you, but you....I hope yall get to crush trezevant in the finals.

I'm trying to catch up on the reading and I'l stop here and respond brother.Well said,I knew people would bash coach just like they do everywhere when it doesn't go perfect.The seniors have two gold balls and have brought great pride to all of us who have put on the Green or just love the Devils.This whole part of the state should be grateful because you have to go back to TH in the early seventies to compare any other team.........Compusatman ,as for South vs Greeneville ,they didn't play and both lost to the best team in the state,so we will never know.South will have a very good team next year but the South tree looks like it might start wilting after a year or two from what I seen.

I'm not hating by any means, just calling it like I see it. They do not make any(and I mean 0) in game adjustments. I mean that's good what they do for the kids, but they could do that being boy scout leaders. The thing is don't be so arrogant if you can't back it up! They have a lot to prove in these eyes, and yea that just means something to me and its my opinion. We just gonna have to agree to disagree on this one my long time friend

You know" I love you man"... I just know from top to bottom the Greene Team coaches are as good as it gets.....

I never said this was a well called game. in fact I believe I said I was frustrated at some of the play calling. As for you being a ballard hater, if I came across as accusing you as one, I apologize, I didn't mean it that way. I was referring to everyone on here giving him down the road after the game. Those were probably some of the "quitters" that were leaving early in the fourth. I hated to see that because these seniors didn't quit, but some of our fans did. I think we have a lot of very spoiled Devils fans and hey, that happens at every level. Winning actually gets boring to some people.....although there isn't a shrink in east Tennessee that could ever make me understand that thought process. Most of my post really wasn't intended directly at you former devil, I guess it was just your post that happened to be the one to put me over the edge. my apologies.

I have been they from the start and no matter the out come there till the end ! Proud of the seniors and the coaches with that being said go Devils see ya next year!!

You know" I love you man"... I just know from top to bottom the Greene Team coaches are as good as it gets.....

That's what I'm saying. It amazes me anyone would even talk about Ballard leaving after going 12-1. Yeah we didn't go to the ship this year but darn 12-1 ain't bad at all. 95% of the schools in TN would kill for that kinda record.

Fulton was always horrible back in the late 80's and such up until they closed rule high and merged them into the Fulton Family then we started to pick up steam and then came state titles.

I think that's a good point, man their were some athletes that came out of old Rule. At least one NFL'er?

Congratulations Falcons, good win.

Don't forget you have to win again in a week.

Get that win and then go get us hillbillies another gold ball.

I never said this was a well called game. in fact I believe I said I was frustrated at some of the play calling. As for you being a ballard hater, if I came across as accusing you as one, I apologize, I didn't mean it that way. I was referring to everyone on here giving him down the road after the game. Those were probably some of the "quitters" that were leaving early in the fourth. I hated to see that because these seniors didn't quit, but some of our fans did. I think we have a lot of very spoiled Devils fans and hey, that happens at every level. Winning actually gets boring to some people.....although there isn't a shrink in east Tennessee that could ever make me understand that thought process. Most of my post really wasn't intended directly at you former devil, I guess it was just your post that happened to be the one to put me over the edge. my apologies.

I apologize too, my idiot comment came in a post I was just ranting and upset. I stuck it out til the end during the game I can't bring myself to walk away from the team. I agree with you that people shouldn't have been leaving. For as much as this team has given us they didn't deserve to have to see their fans walking away from them

The people that are bashing Coach Ballard are clueless and fair weather Fans!!!  Caine Ballard Era (5 years). 11-4 State Runner-up, 15-0 State Champion, 14-1 State Champion, 8-4 2nd Round Playoffs, 12-1 Quarter Finals. 60-10 (0.857 win%). The last 4 years 1 loss at home on a last second FG.  1 Silver ball, 2 Gold Balls, Made the Playoff's 5 straight years, ranked as one of the top 4A teams every year. All that and someone has the mindset that he is not a good Coach. Go examine the records on www.greenevillefootball.com  and see if you can find a 5 year span that can even come close to comparing to the last 5 years. Ask any of the teams in the state that have never made the playoff's or never won a playoff game if they would like to have a 5 year run like Greeneville. I hate to say this but Greeneville fans have become spoiled by the teams success the last 5 years. These Coaches put in more time than anyone could imagine. They spend hours away from their families to coach someone else's kids.

My son plays for Greeneville and I as a parent of a player would not want my son playing for any other coach or coaching staff!!!!  I look forward to my son's Sr. season next year and expect us to be one of the top 4A teams again next year. Just my 2 cent's on the coach bashing.

The people that are bashing Coach Ballard are clueless and fair weather Fans!!! Caine Ballard Era (5 years). 11-4 State Runner-up, 15-0 State Champion, 14-1 State Champion, 8-4 2nd Round Playoffs, 12-1 Quarter Finals. 60-10 (0.857 win%). The last 4 years 1 loss at home on a last second FG. 1 Silver ball, 2 Gold Balls, Made the Playoff's 5 straight years, ranked as one of the top 4A teams every year. All that and someone has the mindset that he is not a good Coach. Go examine the records on www.greenevillefootball.com and see if you can find a 5 year span that can even come close to comparing to the last 5 years. Ask any of the teams in the state that have never made the playoff's or never won a playoff game if they would like to have a 5 year run like Greeneville. I hate to say this but Greeneville fans have become spoiled by the teams success the last 5 years. These Coaches put in more time than anyone could imagine. They spend hours away from their families to coach someone else's kids.

My son plays for Greeneville and I as a parent of a player would not want my son playing for any other coach or coaching staff!!!! I look forward to my son's Sr. season next year and expect us to be one of the top 4A teams again next year. Just my 2 cent's on the coach bashing.

+1