West @ Anderson County 3rd Rd!

MAVERICK1995

The is no doubt in my mind that AC is one of the best conditioned teams out there if not the most conditioned. The coaches have the program set up exactly for that, but it's up to the players to reach that level...and they've shown it. I'm looking forward to the awards banquet. How do you hand out awards to a team like this? Everyone should just stand up on stage as I've never seen a team so united in the efforts.

+1 on that, heck of a team this year. I for one think they will be pretty good next year, maybe a little different style o play, but good. The Line will be average, but with Matt, Garrett smith and so on even with an average line this team should still be strong, one thing abou Davey is he os not too proud to change things up to the strengths of the players an that is sighns of a great coach

He wasn't cutting back because it wasn't there. West had it covered. The line supported Matt in the fact that the blocking scheme wasn't working.They later adjusted and did a great job with all the pressure. My son has always been very  honest with me and if he says he was fine then you can put money on it. He is not an excuse person, so if that is what you are leaning toward, you would be mistaken. His ability to cut was fine. He didn't limp after any play. Not sure what game you were watching, but I will have film. You might like to point it out anywhere to me. The best part of your statement is the fact you are debating the person who knows this young man better than anyone. Regardless, even if you were right, not one single person explained to him why he was being pulled and he couldn't even get an explanation after the game. To this very moment, he and I are still at a loss for why he was benched. Even his physical therapist asked him if he was fine and couldn't understand why they didn't play him. It was just mishandled by the coaches. The choice was made to go away from our game and what we do best.

I was approached by three different dad's of previous players my son's junior year and all three told me the samething.you will figure it out the next 2 years if you stay good luck but you better watch what you say if you offend one of them your son will be the one who pays. Politics trumps winning there.

Ok, im trying to figure out your statemen on Politics trumps winning? What politics are you talking about? Matt started the game, played almost the entire first half, carried the ball 12 times for 22 yards and by the 3rd play o the game everyone I was sitting with was talking about how Fox just did not look 100%, Foxman says he was, but he did not look it, if anything the coaching staff looked like they were goin out of their way in the first half to give him carries, he ran the ball on stretch plays and did not look like he had the speed, got stuffed on runs up the middle and from my view just did not look fast coming out of the backfield, West is very fast and if you cant get through the hole in a hurry it wont be there when you get there, they put Johnson in place of him and Johnson has a heck of a game with probably close to 70 yards on 12-15 carries, so it seemed to me that the coaches made adjustments to try to win the game.

Edited by Mav4life

Ok, im trying to figure out your statemen on Politics trumps winning? What politics are you talking about? Matt started the game, played almost the entire first half, carried the ball 12 times for 22 yards and by the 3rd play o the game everyone I was sitting with was talking about how Fox just did not look 100%, Foxman says he was, but he did not look it, if anything the coaching staff looked like they were goin out of their way in the first half to give him carries, he ran the ball on stretch plays and did not look like he had the speed, got stuffed on runs up the middle and from my view just did not look fast coming out of the backfield, West is very fast and if you cant get through the hole in a hurry it wont be there when you get there, they put Johnson in place of him and Johnson has a heck of a game with probably close to 70 yards on 12-15 carries, so it seemed to me that the coaches made adjustments to try to win the game.

I have no issue with taking the kid out, however I do have an issue with him not being given an explaination...if it was "Matt, we don't feel like your 100% so we are gonna sit ya" or "Matt, we think such and such matches up better versus West." Something has gotta give...the state's leading rusher deserves some sort of explaination as to why he isn't being given a shot...just an opinion tho

I have no issue with taking the kid out, however I do have an issue with him not being given an explaination...if it was "Matt, we don't feel like your 100% so we are gonna sit ya" or "Matt, we think such and such matches up better versus West." Something has gotta give...the state's leading rusher deserves some sort of explaination as to why he isn't being given a shot...just an opinion tho

I hear ya and do not disagree, however lets also think about the other side for a second, you are a coach who has a player that has an injury, that player goes in the first half of a game the week before and is not the same player so in the second half you go a different route and the offense clicks and you win and there is no "buzz" then about not playin Matt, and i am sure he knew he was not going back in last week, but nowthis week you go with the same player and he carries the ball 12 times for an average of 1.8 yards, he does not look close to 100%, my opinion, and yo take him out and your replacement is gaining 6 yards a carry and you almost pull off the win, would you as a coach expect to have to give an explanation ad to why you did what you did, im not saying the kid does not deserve one by no means, but point is that maybe the coaches do not realize that there is even a question as to why they dd it and think that everything is fine, because it seemed pretty obvious to me and everyone that i have talked to as to why theyade the decision and I actually wish they had done it a little sooner because from my view Matt was not 100% and he is a great player, but at even 80% he is not the same threat. Heck I had no clue there was any question about it until Foxman posted something and I was in the fieldhouse after the game talking to players and coaches and some of the players and one of the coaches had mentioned that they wish Fox would hae been 100% because they thought they could have pulled it off had he been productive.

The Hog is going everywhere stirring trouble. It would be good idea that he keeps his comments to self. Tom, Mav4. Space, Mavmax and Mav95 know what you are doing. Gee just get over you problems. We made it all the way to quarter finals, we were sole district champs and we beat CC. Plus we were in the game with west. So we accomplished above our goals because we have great coaching staff and trust me we will be like this every year because coach Gillum will never give up because he playes the right players to win at the right time; he does not now and never will play politics and your a prime example of why he does not do that. Trust me I have known Davey all my life he is a winner all the way around and more importantly he is a good man. So you say negitive about him then you are saying this about all Mavericks. He is a great man of faith to boot. I would be ashamed of myself if I were you. If I were CC fan I would really be ashamed of you.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Sox fan, I thought we just might pull it off when halfway through the 4th we cut it to 6 points, missed a tackle for a loss on the next series on 2nd and 10 on their QB and he was off to the races, wish we would have made that stop to see if we could have scored at the end, but it was a great game and the coaching staff did what they needed too to put the Mavs in a position to win, in the end West just had too much for us, they are very talented.