Fairview @ CPA

coachcraig

Guest Termite

To get on this site and act like your school does not recruit athletes is ridiculous. Further to attribute your success to your kid's ability to out work everyone else, to your state of the art strength and conditioning program and your superior coaching staff only adds to the absurdities. I can assure you that many public programs are putting in just as much or more work and preparation as your program. We all know that Privates recruit. This is how you get all of your students whether they are athletes or not. You say they just want to come to your wonderful school. But the reality is that your school is actively seeking students to attend (recruiting) whether it be for financial reasons or athletic. Without students you don't exist. The next question is are you recruiting for athletic purposes? Someone posted that all of your starters are D1 prospects. Now that really supports your claim that you don't recruit athletes! Sorry I forgot you have world class development programs. The truth is I could care less if you are recruiting. I'm assuming you are within the rules or you would not be eligible to compete. So it's not your fault. It's just a bad system. My issue with you is this! It is what it is, just own it. Don't act like it's not an advantage and try to talk your way around it. I believe that the real chip that all of the Privates have is "Respect". Or should I say lack of respect, because you know that no matter what you do most people are not going to give you any respect. Even if you win the State Championship. You see you can't win it and you can't buy it. You have to earn it. As long as you are allowed to have such an advantage no one is going to respect any of your wins against a public school.

+1

Do you think I start it??  Look back at who starts that crap.  It aint me, but I'll be happy to give it back to you.  Just keep it to football and the public/private mess out of it.

Nah you didn't start it. You just pay the bucks to be a part of it. One more year and it will be over though..... :thumb:

ya kinda hate it when people point out an unfair advantage you have. But you keep tellin yourself one doesn't exist

+1...... :ph34r:

To get on this site and act like your school does not recruit athletes is ridiculous. Further to attribute your success to your kid's ability to out work everyone else, to your state of the art strength and conditioning program and your superior coaching staff only adds to the absurdities. I can assure you that many public programs are putting in just as much or more work and preparation as your program. We all know that Privates recruit. This is how you get all of your students whether they are athletes or not. You say they just want to come to your wonderful school. But the reality is that your school is actively seeking students to attend (recruiting) whether it be for financial reasons or athletic. Without students you don't exist. The next question is are you recruiting for athletic purposes? Someone posted that all of your starters are D1 prospects. Now that really supports your claim that you don't recruit athletes! Sorry I forgot you have world class development programs. The truth is I could care less if you are recruiting. I'm assuming you are within the rules or you would not be eligible to compete. So it's not your fault. It's just a bad system. My issue with you is this! It is what it is, just own it. Don't act like it's not an advantage and try to talk your way around it. I believe that the real chip that all of the Privates have is "Respect". Or should I say lack of respect, because you know that no matter what you do most people are not going to give you any respect. Even if you win the State Championship. You see you can't win it and you can't buy it. You have to earn it. As long as you are allowed to have such an advantage no one is going to respect any of your wins against a public school.

Advantage adsmantage.

Fairview don't care how many division 1 recruits CPA has. We're coming to your house to play OUR game. Our 165lb linemen will be plenty a workout for your big college prospects and they'll still playing 100mph when the bigguns get gassed in the 4th quarter. You boys best get ready for 4 quarters of wide open football and hope you can keep up!

What he said........ Amen brother

+1

It all comes down to the simple fact that private schools should play private schools and public should play public. This goes for all athletics. Our girls soccer team was the only public school in the state tournament this year. Had their not been any private schools in that state tournament, I would venture to say that our girls could have brought a state championship back to Fairview. In football, if schools like CPA and CAK were not in the equation, you would have teams like Fairview and Lewis County actually being able to make it past the 3rd or 4th round and actually getting the oppurtunity to play for a state championship. Now they might be playing a powerhouse like Alcoa, but atleast they made it, instead of being beat by a private school. That's just my 2 cents.