Upperman host ND

I think you missed my point. It is not about comparing Gordonsville to Coalfield or their record this season or last and for sure not talking Oregon and their weak NCAA D1 conference. This is about single A in general. I know for a fact that most of the guys on both of these teams (including teams like Greenback, Grace and Oneida) only have on average 30 to 35 players. Which means most starters have to play both sides of the ball and almost all lineman play both ways. If ND is that good and a 3A school they should have had enough players to wear down Coalfield by halftime or no later than mid 3rd quarter. The score should have been easily 42 to 14.

This year...G'ville had 52 players at the start of the season...last year they had about 60. That is including freshmen...don't know about Coalfield.

Upperman has played 0 good teams this year. The wins, however impressive, count for next to nothing in the later rounds of these playoffs. If Upperman does beat ND this week, I hope they enjoy the long ride home from Alcoa. They have played only 2, I repeat, 2 teams with a winning record, and both of those teams were 6-4. Livingston gave them all they wanted and should have beat them. Enjoy the ride Upperman. It's going to be a long fall off that high-horse.

what have they done to you to get you so flustered? They must have beaten somebody you really liked. Every team you all have said they should lose to they have not only beaten but killed. Except for Livingston in which they played bad but still scored 41 points. Your the only one we all see on a high horse.

If Alcoa starts gaining some enrollment will they have some stay home when students are counted so they can remain 3A playoffs? We heard for years how they could beat anyone in the state, Knoxville area teams ducked them, etc, but nothing stopped them from going to 4A or 5A when there were five classes.

I don't think they do a head count during school hours for enrollment figures...lol.

Go ahead and get used to the apparent football geniuses over at the U. Oddly enough, no one ever heard a peep out of any of them before this year... They mostly come to these boards to hype up their boy York. At points this year, you would have thought he was the Heisman favorite the way they talk about him.

Yeah! 711 total offense that's a normal game from a High school student right? Main point of that is he is a high school player quit analyzing him like he is in the heisman race. He has a great season give credit where credit is due.

Guest Termite

probably not, but I was trying to give them the benifit of the doubt. I have not seen anyone match up with the line size UH has yet. The Tyner faithfull played the old " were faster, more athletic" card and we see what that got them. Funny how people still think stopping one guy will ensure a victory.

If I'm playing Baxter, I'm attempting to stop York and make somebody else beat me.

Without York, Baxter is a SC, DC, LA type team.

If I'm playing Baxter, I'm attempting to stop York and make somebody else beat me.

Without York, Baxter is a SC, DC, LA type team.

DC, SC, LA didn't have the OL UH had. UH would have been 7-3 or possibly 8-2 if York and Ely would have been healthy all year. Add to that #24 who the paper had 900+ receiving, 12 td, good olb and he didn't even play last year in 2012. Ely is just as good at his DE as York is at QB, just not getting they hype. #63 Key is a beast at guard and has won every battle I have seen him play this year.York had a below avg game verse Grundy, and O still put up 56. Mostly on the back of tb #21(1300 yards) and wr #24 catching balls and running that reverse thing they do. Now you give DC....York #2, Ely #33, #63 Key and #24 wr....they might still be playing like UH is. Not to mention some more good players in #13 DE, #56 ol(blocked Gill), #67 OL, #62 the 6'6 ol, #78 340lb noise, #10 wr ( has about 10td's) and wr/db's #8 and #6 who have about a dozen combined td catches. This aint no one horse team folks.

DC, SC, LA didn't have the OL UH had. UH would have been 7-3 or possibly 8-2 if York and Ely would have been healthy all year. Add to that #24 who the paper had 900+ receiving, 12 td, good olb and he didn't even play last year in 2012. Ely is just as good at his DE as York is at QB, just not getting they hype. #63 Key is a beast at guard and has won every battle I have seen him play this year.York had a below avg game verse Grundy, and O still put up 56. Mostly on the back of tb #21(1300 yards) and wr #24 catching balls and running that reverse thing they do. Now you give DC....York #2, Ely #33, #63 Key and #24 wr....they might still be playing like UH is. Not to mention some more good players in #13 DE, #56 ol(blocked Gill), #67 OL, #62 the 6'6 ol, #78 340lb noise, #10 wr ( has about 10td's) and wr/db's #8 and #6 who have about a dozen combined td catches. This aint no one horse team folks.

I think your point is Upperman is a team with exceptional talent and they play as a team. If the Upperman D is healthy and plays there usual then Upperman wins by 3 TD's. If the D plays like they did last week this will be a one score win or less.