Referees' rules

slimshady

The refs have been horribly inconsistent all year long...you'd think with less and less teams playing each week, the officiating would be better, but for whatever reasons it ain't happening

There is no accountability and no ranking system, so they just randomly pick their officials for the playoffs just like they do  for the regular season.  Until the AD's and HC's make it an issue it will continue because the only thing the TSSAA cares about is $$$$$$$$!  If there is someone out there who can verify this is NOT true, please present documentation.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must be true it came from the self proclaimed guru.  

Never got a letter and never had an extra official - did see two extras last night at a playoff game and it was horribly officiated.  Take all the is extra money and teach these guys how to officiate not put more unqualified guys on the field.

You are right...i need to get with that Welch and Young boy and start training this summer... :popcorneater:

I noticed last night that there was way more refs than in regular season...thats way more opportunity for the yellow laundry...and i assume the reason they went to $8 admission,,,

but just to be honest,,,i'd pay more for LESS referees,,, :rolleyes:  

Out of that $8 the school has to pay the refs out of their half.

They have been using 7 man official crew in play offs for a while slim. They also bring a striped chain crew and most of the time there are a few officials present for "training".

The TSSAA pays the officials during playoffs out of their cut I do believe.

They have been using 7 man official crew in play offs for a while slim. They also bring a striped chain crew and most of the time there are a few officials present for "training".

The TSSAA pays the officials during playoffs out of their cut I do believe.

According to MF.....This experiment to increase the number of guys in striped shirts from five to seven will take place in a select few games during the 2013 regular season here in Tennessee (mostly those games that are being aired on national television) and all playoff games this fall beginning with quarterfinal round action in November.

According to MF.....This experiment to increase the number of guys in striped shirts from five to seven will take place in a select few games during the 2013 regular season here in Tennessee (mostly those games that are being aired on national television) and all playoff games this fall beginning with quarterfinal round action in November.

Oh ok, I'm prolly wrong, we've had 3 regular season games with 7 man crew and both play off games were 7 man crews. We did have a regular season game on TV but it certainly wasn't a nationally televised event, just a Knoxville station aired it. The regular season did not have striped chain gangs but of course the play off games did. Both post season also had a herd of stripes just "observing".

Edited by crow

I know Fryday against the Goodpastors...one of our boys made a tackle on #29 for GoodPastor and he got up and kicked our boy in the head...the referees threw a flag for unportsmanlike conduct...but did not eject him from the game...I believe that should have been an ejection...same as a punch...what y'all think?...Keep in mind...they had already had one player ejected for cursing the refs earlier in the game...GoodPastor finished the game with 6 personal fouls...they also played that dirty the first game at their place, refs just didn't throw the flags.

I personally think the Coaches are to blame for there kids acting that way...they must be scared of losing there jobs if they punish a child... :popcorneater:

Ejection was in order....When a school has a history of winning and/or when the refs are from the same area which the lesser known school is playing a winning program, refs seem to try and even the playing field with flags against the program with winning history...Sometimes they just HATE the school and/or coach they're throwing flags against