Adamsville @ Eagleville

redkuda

Can't find a roster on eaglesville , wandering about line size and how many sr's ?

Decent size not what I'd call huge by any means but very good. On average they've graduated 10-15 players a year so I'd say you have juniors and seniors mostly on the line. The QB and primary RB are both seniors. They have good speed in at least one receiver and decent size there. QB has a strong arm and usually good accuracy. Defense is fast and swarms the ball. What's the average size on Adamsville's O and D lines? What year are your QB and skill positions?

is there ANY way this game isn't a mudfest? the weather report looks hideous

That's my guess, Eagleville has a good field as you know but it was wet and tore up pretty good last week and another heavy rain won't help at all. A game that I would've expected to be in the high 20's for both teams on a dry field could stay in the teens. Turnovers could decide it too. I vote no rain but the big Guy upstairs will have the say on that.

we put up 42 points against riverside in the monsoon game we had earlier this year so we can still score in the rain.  Not saying we will score 42 against Eagleville even on a dry track but we have played in the worst of conditions this year.  Our kids seem to feed off of it.  even our head coach was mud sliding after the game lol. 

On a serious note.  I really need to stay dry for equipment sake.  So how big is the pressbox

• Upvote 1

I see this one being very close. From everything I have seen, these teams are quite similar. Should be a fun one! Some of us baseball followers remember when these two teams met up in the State Tournament back in 2010, we met some fine folks from Eagleville during our time there. Hope the results are the same for the Cardinals.

I remember that but I"m hoping it's more like the A tournament outcome in 2012 at Blackman High School and man was that a game, one of the Adamsville boys flat out stole a game winning liner that my son hit on a great diving play in left field but the Eagles pulled that one out and went on to finish runner up at State that year.

Decent size not what I'd call huge by any means but very good. On average they've graduated 10-15 players a year so I'd say you have juniors and seniors mostly on the line. The QB and primary RB are both seniors. They have good speed in at least one receiver and decent size there. QB has a strong arm and usually good accuracy. Defense is fast and swarms the ball. What's the average size on Adamsville's O and D lines? What year are your QB and skill positions?

Mainly sophomores on the O line , decent size ! Smallest is 240 , biggest is 310 . QB is a jr and main back is a sr.

I was playing around with some computer rankings and matchups.  I plugged in Adamsville v Forrest and it gave me Adamsville winning by score of 22-17.  then i plugged in Adamsville v Eagleville and i got a score of 21-17.  I find it interesting that they considered Forrest and Eagleville that close to each other.  I know this has nothing to do with what would/will happen on the field Friday night.  I just  thought it might be something good to talk about.  I also plugged in Eagleville and Forrest and it came out 20-14 Eagleville.  I am not as worried about the total points as i am it predicting a 1 score game.  Me being a Cardinal fan i would like to think that the game would be about like what we saw last week based on these computers, but knowing football like i do, I see this being a great game I just hope that the weather does not play a factor in either teams abilities,  That said muck up and lets get going.  LOL

Really hate to hear about that ! Mine broke his foot 2nd day of full pads an he's just now getting back to full strength ! Tell him to keep his head up he has a lot of playing time left ! I hate it for which ever of these seniors play their last game !

Thanks for words of encouragement.  Yes, no one wants to see a injury regardless of which team it is.  Luckily it isn't too serious and he is just a freshman but he has worked so hard since voluntary workouts back in the summer.  He made himself a blocking dummy every chance he got in the preseason and was fortunate enough to be the first freshman to play in the second game of the year only to be followed by a second freshman in the fourth game.

Lets get this game on.  It should be a great matchup.  Go Eagles.

After watching Eagleville play JB I thought they could make it to the third round of the playoffs depending on the matchups.  I didn't think they would go any further than that.  They are a very good team but I didn't think they had enough playmakers or good enough line play to go past the third round.  With that said, I don't know anything about Adamsville so maybe they win this game.  Good luck to the Eagles!

Eagleville fans, trust me on this statement. If you do not have a passing game you will not beat Adamsville. You cannot be one dimensional and beat them. You have to be balanced. It appears Eagleville has an outstanding run game but I assure you it will not be enough. If you can pass for 125 yards and let your stud back do his thing you may have a chance. I still think Adamsville wins by 2 TD's. They are too healthy and have too many really good players to go along with their two studs, Neary and Wallis. I will not be surprised at all if Adamsville blows this game wide open. I do not mean any disrespect toward Eagleville. I hope you do well and it's a close game. They are just that good.