2013 Arby's Classic Tournament (Dates, teams, and Bracket)

MrTSSAA

We gave GAC their best game of the year so far. I looked up their schedule and their closest game before tonight with us was against Hamilton @ 9 points. Held them to their lowest output of the year, by far. I hope we can give CPA a quality game. They are very good.

Forget about point spread at this level. it's all about match-ups. You guys need to think about Henderson vs Bonds, Merrian vs Blackwell. You should be fine if someone can check Alsmiller. Speed and strength are the same, coaching is equal i think. Their press shouldn't bother you. Remind Jaylin about beating their brains out 2 years ago without Lyndsey in Little Rock in AAU tourney. 

Yeah you are right Quack, I am just proud of our guys, that's all lol. And Si, if we hit our free throws, we win. That simple, but we didn't. It's a tough pill to swallow, but I guarantee you they know about them Secret City boys now :) Oak Ridge and a few other East TN teams have fared really well at this tournament. Just goes to show you little ol East TN hoops isn't as weak as some make it out to be.

Yeah you are right Quack, I am just proud of our guys, that's all lol. And Si, if we hit our free throws, we win. That simple, but we didn't. It's a tough pill to swallow, but I guarantee you they know about them Secret City boys now :) Oak Ridge and a few other East TN teams have fared really well at this tournament. Just goes to show you little ol East TN hoops isn't as weak as some make it out to be.

I'm proud too. I have watched all these boys for 4 years and they are playing big time ball now. I just want you guys to beat them and get the flow of talk back our way. Seems like it starts at Memphis and stops at CPA. Been that way for awhile.

You're right. Nobody ever mentions East TN teams hardly when mentioning some of the better teams this state has to offer at the highest level in AAA ball. Hopefully we can beat them, or at least give them a respectable game. I just hope tonight didn't take a lot out of us. Our guys played so hard tonight and wanted that win so so bad, but couldn't grasp it. Hopefully Coach Green gets them regrouped for a great CPA team.

CPA routes us, but it didn't help that Isaac our best player didn't play the whole 2nd half. Went out with a shoulder injury before halftime. I hope he is ok. Great game by CPA. I don't think we would've won with Merian let alone without him, but it would've been a lot more respectable, at least.

I thought it would be closer, given Oak Ridge's record so far and how they almost knocked off a very good GAC team. 4th place in the Arby's is something to be proud of. I wish you the best for the rest of your season.

Even though their 39-game win streak ended last night, CPA has now won an incredible 75-straight games against Tennessee opponents, going back to Nov. 19th 2011 loss against an Alex Poythress led Clarksville NE team, with Mr. Basketball Craig Bradshaw not playing. CPA has dropped at least 1 game in Christmas tournaments in every season since Drew Maddux took over in 2006. Though this has kept them from having a perfect season, it can be viewed as a positive as they routinely come back to district play a stronger team and it also prepares them for the atmosphere and grind of the tournament that really matters in March. I would venture to bet that the 75-game streak will extend into next season. CPA will travel to Cascade on Jan. 7th, who is perhaps CPA's strongest challenger in their new district (12AA).

This is a matchup between possibly the best two teams in Tn. Wish it was online.

White Station might have something to say about that. I think they (White Station) are talented enough to beat the elite Georgia teams. The top tier Georgia teams are just better than the top tier Tennessee teams. I was amazed when watching the AAU circuit this past summer just how good the elite Georgia players are.