CAK @ Alcoa (round 2)

BCsportsfan

Just that all the bigger schools say he is to small to play if he was 6 3 cause a bigger O line would have there way with him and clearly he proved that don't mean cra tonight...

Oh OK gotcha.  I'm right with you about there not being some magic number of height to make a good lineman and 57 is going to make a good college player.  70 vs 57 was a good matchup and 70 should get some props too.  Pretty sure 57 only had one tackle when 70 was blocking him, when the QB tried to run past them and 57 got him.  57 definitely made some big plays though.

Edited by Warriors2011

Oh OK gotcha.  I'm right with you about there not being some magic number of height to make a good lineman and 57 is going to make a good college player.  70 vs 57 was a good matchup and 70 should get some props too.  Pretty sure 57 only had one tackle when 70 was blocking him, when the QB tried to run past them and 57 got him.  57 definitely made some big plays though.

Definitely deserves some props #70 is a ball player and IMO better than Kendricks ever will be he played a lot harder and is more physical....... I know you are proud that he is going to play college ball just as I am happy mine is. He had a great season and a good run good luck at the next level...

Definitely deserves some props #70 is a ball player and IMO better than Kendricks ever will be he played a lot harder and is more physical....... I know you are proud that he is going to play college ball just as I am happy mine is. He had a great season and a good run good luck at the next level...

Good luck to #70 and the other seniors ar CAK. You Guys are true Warriors!

CAK didnt fold up and we knew they wouldn't. Alcoa just too deep this year.

See you in the playoffs in 2014 as well I'm sure.

Congratulations to Alcoa.  The Tornadoes played hard and physical throughout the game and certainly proved to be the better team.  Agreed, CAK didn't fold up and really that was all I expected out of them.  They were competitive throughout the 1st qtr and even led briefly.  Alcoa forced some big turnovers on some good hits and took command of the game in the 2nd qtr.   While most teams fold at that point against Alcoa, the Warrior coaches rallied the troops for one last push to start the 2nd half and marched down and scored on a very nice drive and then perfectly executed an onside kick.  If we could have scored at that point then maybe we could have made it a little more exciting, but the outcome was inevitable based on the depth of talent for Alcoa vs. CAK.  Good luck to the Tornadoes...looks like another trip to the championship!

For my CAK boys....keep your heads up and keep working hard.  Most of you have experienced some pretty special seasons and some nice rewards the past few years.  So you know what it takes, now commit yourself to improvement and start getting ready for next year.  I'm proud of the way you didn't fold up despite some close losses, injuries, and an "unlike-CAK" record. You stood in there and battled toe to toe with some good football teams this year, you have a promising future ahead with all the youth on the team....just dust yourself off and go back to work. :thumb:  

Edited by FootballDad

Hats off to CAK and the Warrior Nation. And mad props to coach Bradley:

GO GET THEM: CAK coach Rusty Bradley led both teams in prayer after the game but also challenged Alcoa to go and win the next two weeks.

“They’re a class team. They do things the right way and their kids play hard. It’s because of Alcoa that our team was able to do what it did the last two years and its because of Alcoa that our program has gotten to the point we’re competitive,†Bradley told The Daily Times. “If we can’t win it, then I want those guys to win it. Hopefully they can take care of business the next two weeks.â€

The survivor of the postseason CAK-Alcoa clash has won the last nine state titles.

James 5: 16b

Edited by alcoafan72

goodluck #70 hope he does well!! hats off cak, hold ur heads up! see ya next year! classy program!