PORTLAND PANTHER FOOTBALL COACH RESIGNS

64NB95

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, I don't have a problem with anyone sharing their info. I just think it is ridiculous to spread clearly false rumors. It adds nothing to the discussion. Now jokes are another thing all together. I even heard that Munchiac called about the job but was told no because their offense is worse this year than Portland' was. Go figure.

How many returning Starters did the Panthers have on Offense in 2013 from the 2012 Playoff Team?

How many returning Starters on Defense?

Rather than deal with your question which does not matter, let me give you some more real facts not "insider bs". Qb broke his ankle in the spring, missed all of the summer, not 100% all year. Starting wing breaks a leg in the second fall scrimmage, not back till week 7 and not 100%. 2 starting linebackers miss a month due to concussions. Oh yeah, the back up wing breaks his hand and has to wear a club for the rest of the season. Add these injuries together plus the already mentioned problems and you have a scenario for the perfect storm of a losing season.

But none of that matters because the head coach is gone, and someone new will get their shot. Maybe, just maybe, one or two people who think they are big shots in town will keep their mouths shut and let the new coach and staff do their jobs. I hope so because it is going to take everyone pulling together to put this train wreck back on its tracks.

Maybe, just maybe, one or two people who think they are big shots in town will keep their mouths shut and let the new coach and staff do their jobs. I hope so because it is going to take everyone pulling together to put this train wreck back on its tracks.

Nice points on the injuries having their effect on the team. 

Just a question, but who would these "big shots" be???

Rather than deal with your question which does not matter, let me give you some more real facts not "insider bs". Qb broke his ankle in the spring, missed all of the summer, not 100% all year. Starting wing breaks a leg in the second fall scrimmage, not back till week 7 and not 100%. 2 starting linebackers miss a month due to concussions. Oh yeah, the back up wing breaks his hand and has to wear a club for the rest of the season. Add these injuries together plus the already mentioned problems and you have a scenario for the perfect storm of a losing season.

But none of that matters because the head coach is gone, and someone new will get their shot. Maybe, just maybe, one or two people who think they are big shots in town will keep their mouths shut and let the new coach and staff do their jobs. I hope so because it is going to take everyone pulling together to put this train wreck back on its tracks.

I agree.  Portland needs to pull together.  There are tons of people that are Portland Alumni who was at every game when the Panthers were dominant  that don't even darken the door or offer support anymore.  There are some good kids in Portland who want to win.  They can win.  They need the help of every body.

As far a a Coach goes:

I feel like Mike Beaver was a good Coach who needed more time.  See, he probably wouldn't be given a second chance.  Chad Perry would be an excellent Candidate.  Roger Holmes is an excellent Candidate.  What about Mike Duncan?  Chase Brooks?  Mark Curry?  Hunter Hicks? The list goes on.  Another couple of possible good Candidates is Sam Freeman or Phillip Sanders.  

I want to clear one thing up.  I am not Mr. Postman and Mr. Postman is not me.  I sure would like to know who Mr. Postman is though.  LOL  

I agree.  Portland needs to pull together.  There are tons of people that are Portland Alumni who was at every game when the Panthers were dominant  that don't even darken the door or offer support anymore.  There are some good kids in Portland who want to win.  They can win.  They need the help of every body.

As far a a Coach goes:

I feel like Mike Beaver was a good Coach who needed more time.  See, he probably wouldn't be given a second chance.  Chad Perry would be an excellent Candidate.  Roger Holmes is an excellent Candidate.  What about Mike Duncan?  Chase Brooks?  Mark Curry?  Hunter Hicks? The list goes on.  Another couple of possible good Candidates is Sam Freeman or Phillip Sanders.  

I want to clear one thing up.  I am not Mr. Postman and Mr. Postman is not me.  I sure would like to know who Mr. Postman is though.  LOL

Only the postman rings twice. You are very correct in how good the kids are. And they do want to win. You mentioned some very good coaches also. I don't know why they did not apply or if they did apply. I just want the best coach for our kids. They do not have to be from the good old boy network either, just someone who is going to do whatever it takes to try to be successful. Not that Coach Aric did not, as I think he did.

Everyone in town knows who the biggest loud mouths are, no need for name naming. They are more trouble than they are worth that is for sure. Of course I guess you have those everywhere.

Injuries sure make things more difficult especially with teams that have less depth. With that said, it seems most all teams in the district had injuries to that extent this year.

Injuries sure make things more difficult especially with teams that have less depth. With that said, it seems most all teams in the district had injuries to that extent this year.

You are correct about all the teams in the district losing players to injury. Beech and Mt. Juliet both had injuries in key places. I am sure that the other schools did as well. But you also hit on the one big factor that made things very difficult for the Panthers, lack of quality depth. Sure they could put the next player in the spot, but those playing just were not as talented. One other thing that hurt this year, but could be helpful next year is that by the end of the season Portland was playing 5 sophomores on offense and 6 on defense, so they got so quality game experience this year.