PORTLAND PANTHER FOOTBALL COACH RESIGNS

64NB95

eers, I never suspected admin. QB Club is my thought. GWAVE1, I know who you are. As for me, I just tell the truth with a little opinion on occasion. I know a little about football. Seen it at various levels. I am a big fan of the Green Wave. I'm a type A personality too but, just want to see things done the right way.

Quite a few people know who I am. I used to keep it a secret but as I get older I really start not caring. I would hope no one ever questions my loyalty to the program but I know I make people mad sometimes because of my perspective. I deal more with the program than individuals. I am Green Wave through and through. If anybody ever has a problem with opinion then I am easy to find. However, nobody ever has questioned me. Take this board for what it is facts, opinions, a little friendly smack talk, and make some new friends in other places. I guess I could be a type A personality at times. Others I just sit back and listen. After being on here for over 10 years I guess I have become one of the few who have lasted. Even to the point of someone stealing my account earlier this year and posting garbage under my name. Anyway, I grew up in Gallatin and watched more than my share. Plan on keeping that up too. Excited about the future of the Green Wave!!!

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just spent an hour reading every post on here.  Interesting banter, but I still don't have a clue who the new coach will be. I guess no one does other than David Woods.  Is there not a list of applicants? Mr. Woods is a former basketball coach at Beech.  It will be interesting to see if any of the Beech staff applies.

Quite a few people know who I am. I used to keep it a secret but as I get older I really start not caring. I would hope no one ever questions my loyalty to the program but I know I make people mad sometimes because of my perspective. I deal more with the program than individuals. I am Green Wave through and through. If anybody ever has a problem with opinion then I am easy to find. However, nobody ever has questioned me. Take this board for what it is facts, opinions, a little friendly smack talk, and make some new friends in other places. I guess I could be a type A personality at times. Others I just sit back and listen. After being on here for over 10 years I guess I have become one of the few who have lasted. Even to the point of someone stealing my account earlier this year and posting garbage under my name. Anyway, I grew up in Gallatin and watched more than my share. Plan on keeping that up too. Excited about the future of the Green Wave!!!

I think I'll just keep myself a mystery. I have viewed coacht and read the majority of your posts for years and finally decided to join up. I have been posting for a couple of years now and plan to continue for years to come. I respect your thoughts and agree with 95% of what you say. I actually have only disagreed with you once. I too am a Green Wave though and though.  I look to support my team and speak the Gods' honest truth.  

I just spent an hour reading every post on here.  Interesting banter, but I still don't have a clue who the new coach will be. I guess no one does other than David Woods.  Is there not a list of applicants? Mr. Woods is a former basketball coach at Beech.  It will be interesting to see if any of the Beech staff applies.

Chad Perry (Currently at Portland)

Chase Brooks (Portland Grad - Currently assistant at Beech, Gallatin previous year)

Greg Cavanah (Current assistant coach, former head coach Greenwood KY)

I'm sure many others have applied. I understand they will hire within.

Edited by TheRealTruth

I'm sure many others have applied. I understand they will hire within.

Chad perry is not in Rome, GA, but currently teaches at PHS. His son plays at Westmoreland and will be a senior there next year. Does Coach Perry want to be able to watch his son play as a senior, probably.

Was told by someone close at Beech that no one off that staff applied, unless they lied or just don't want it to get out which could be the case. So not sure about Brooks. He was offered a chance twice by Coach Aric to join the staff at Portland and chose not to do so. Why did he leave Gallatin?

Coach Cavanah was the DC this year at PHS. He retired from KY, Greenwood. Very well organized and able to relate to the players.

Look for a decision sometime before the Christmas break. Maybe as soon as next week.

Good luck Panthers in rebuilding what once was a proud football powerhouse, in 3A. Hopefully it can happen in 5A.

Chad perry is not in Rome, GA, but currently teaches at PHS. His son plays at Westmoreland and will be a senior there next year. Does Coach Perry want to be able to watch his son play as a senior, probably.

Was told by someone close at Beech that no one off that staff applied, unless they lied or just don't want it to get out which could be the case. So not sure about Brooks. He was offered a chance twice by Coach Aric to join the staff at Portland and chose not to do so. Why did he leave Gallatin?

Coach Cavanah was the DC this year at PHS. He retired from KY, Greenwood. Very well organized and able to relate to the players.

Look for a decision sometime before the Christmas break. Maybe as soon as next week.

Good luck Panthers in rebuilding what once was a proud football powerhouse, in 3A. Hopefully it can happen in 5A.

Thanks for the updates. Good luck to Portland.

I am not sure Brooks was 100% in at Gallatin. I think he was looking for something else.