Big 7 Conference

tennesseestud2013

I'm going with DB as Big 7 Champs for now. Toppers, while down, should still give them a run for their money though. SH lost a lot of talent and experience from last year and I wasn't expecting much from them this year. However, I saw them play last week and they look better than I thought would. This may be the best 3 point shooting Topper team I've seen a while and their defense appears better this year as well. 

I don't know much about Boone, TN High, Volunteer, Sullivan Central etc. but I do know that Crockett should be significantly improved. They won't win the conference but they won't be an easy win anymore either. Their new coach from SH is a good one, and the two transfers he took with him will really help the Pioneers out.

I'm going with DB as Big 7 Champs for now. Toppers, while down, should still give them a run for their money though. SH lost a lot of talent and experience from last year and I wasn't expecting much from them this year. However, I saw them play last week and they look better than I thought would. This may be the best 3 point shooting Topper team I've seen a while and their defense appears better this year as well. 

I don't know much about Boone, TN High, Volunteer, Sullivan Central etc. but I do know that Crockett should be significantly improved. They won't win the conference but they won't be an easy win anymore either. Their new coach from SH is a good one, and the two transfers he took with him will really help the Pioneers out.

I really wish I knew more about Boone, Tennessee High,Volunteer and Central. We need more posters for our conference.....

Y

I really wish I knew more about Boone, Tennessee High,Volunteer and Central. We need more posters for our conference.....

Yes, we do! Speaking of DB, what's the deal with the Love kid? Someone started a topic last night. He can't play until January? He should be the Indians best player. Too bad it appears he's only going to get to play for 2 1/2 months.

It's really not all that shocking. Not taking anything away from the Cyclones win last night but this is easily the least talented and least experienced team SH has had in 10-15 years, maybe longer. I think they might have 1 starter back from last years team but that's it.

Even in down years we've had trouble beating SH but we do have a good coach and I did hear SH was down this year. Edited by lawnman

Elizabethton only has one senior returning, also. This is supposed to be a rebuilding year for them since they graduated 7 seniors from last year.

I said starter returning not Senior. However,  I was told by a parent of one of the players that SH actually has no starters returning this year.

Anyways, good night tonight in the Big 7. SH bested Daniel Boone, 63-46. It was fun watching the two Hensley brothers go against each other. For those who don't know, Hunter plays for SH and his younger brother, Holden, plays for Boone. DB whipped Morristown East, 90-37. I'm not sure how much we can tell about the Indians at this point though as it seems Morristown East is pretty bad. Crockett beat Volunteer. Another good win for the Pioneers and first year head coach, John Good.

Edited by AlumnI01

Charlie Morgan has his best team in a decade. The Indians have a lot of talent, good to great shooters and they will play good defense.

The Toppers will know payback is a b***ch come Jan 2. Alumni - the Love kid will be on the team after Jan 1 and he will add to a very deep team.

Watch out for a Soph Diaper Dandy in Matt Halverson - all talent and all hustle. This is a tough Indians team - Morgan has no "Bobble heads" on this team.

Roll Tribe Roll