Big 7 Conference

tennesseestud2013

Good for your guys... you may not know much about Charlie Morgan's early season coaching style. He doesn't care about wins before conference play begins. As evidence to the fact that he puts his team thru much more practice time than actual games in Nov and Dec. Games prior to Jan. are considered little more than practice and he could and does play reserves more than starters during this early season. It's nothing new for him, he does it year in and year out. 

DB will give it a full effort come January

Roll Tribe Roll

(I'll jump on this one before the Science Hill people do)..... Interesting coaching style. "He doesn't care about wins before conference games" If true, probably the only coach in America that thinks this way. Also if true, "year in and year out" It's not working. DB hasn't exactlly set the woods on fire during January and after. And the tourny record is nothing to write home about. Im pretty sure that most if not all coaches actually try to win "every" game. But what do I know, I live in my mothers basement and never go to any games.

(I'll jump on this one before the Science Hill people do)..... Interesting coaching style. "He doesn't care about wins before conference games" If true, probably the only coach in America that thinks this way. Also if true, "year in and year out" It's not working. DB hasn't exactlly set the woods on fire during January and after. And the tourny record is nothing to write home about. Im pretty sure that most if not all coaches actually try to win "every" game. But what do I know, I live in my mothers basement and never go to any games.

Ha..your right, you dont know. Its easy to understand how you dont know about coaches and coaching styles and players, when you never go to the games. It is understood that you dont know.

Example: Last season QB Cook goes out with a neck injury. The debate raged on (the debate was all yours) about who would be the QB. Obvioulsy it wouldn't be Malik Foreman (he's a WR) who would he throw it too? Right? Did you even know that DB was running a triple option offense that is totally run oriented and utlilizes speed? Probably not.

Mom said the Helper is ready and too bring up the dirty dishes

Good for your guys... you may not know much about Charlie Morgan's early season coaching style. He doesn't care about wins before conference play begins. As evidence to the fact that he puts his team thru much more practice time than actual games in Nov and Dec. Games prior to Jan. are considered little more than practice and he could and does play reserves more than starters during this early season. It's nothing new for him, he does it year in and year out. 

Roll Tribe Roll

I would rather see you try to explain your statement "He doesn't care about wins before conference play begins" and how this has ever helped DB win the conference. Instead of some made up gobbly gook you posted above. You really should stop posting on CoachT or at least start using one of your other screen names. I guess I'll wait until January to go see a game considering the Indians are just practicing right now. LOL! ....you can't fix stupid!

Final. SH-57 DB-53. 

Going to be honest, I'm somewhat surprised by this. This is easily SH's least talented team in 15+ years, while this is supposedly DB's most talented team in that long. If DB can't beat the Toppers this year, when will they? SH is only going to get better next year with the arrival of multiple talented JV/Freshman players being moved to Varsity. This was supposed to be DB's year. Heck, even Charlie Morgan apparently compared this year's squad to those amazing Topper teams of the 90's. Well, Coach Morgan, I've got a little something to tell you. Your team is good but they don't touch those George Pitts coached SH teams of the 90's. Not. Even. Close. Go Toppers!

Edited by AlumnI01

well I guess Charlie still doesn't care its before Christmas

Roll Tribe Roll

I couldn't agree more with ya .I guess his forgot about them power teams

To even make a comment like that is utterly ridiculous(comparing this year's DB team to the great Topper teams of the 90's). Coach Morgan will never be the head coach of a team as good as those SH teams of the 90's. Never. Why? Because the man just isn't a very good coach, and tonight is only further proof of this. He has twice the talent on his team this year that SH has yet he still can't win.

Edited by AlumnI01
  • Upvote 1

Charlie Morgan has his best team in a decade. The Indians have a lot of talent, good to great shooters and they will play good defense.

The Toppers will know payback is a b***ch come Jan 2. Alumni - the Love kid will be on the team after Jan 1 and he will add to a very deep team.

Watch out for a Soph Diaper Dandy in Matt Halverson - all talent and all hustle. This is a tough Indians team - Morgan has no "Bobble heads" on this team.

Roll Tribe Roll

You can't fix Stupid

So, DB just can't get over some kind of mental thing in JC.

When you watch your team play and loose to a better team, well, you can accept it and go on and feel good that you gave it a try but the other team is just better

When you watch your team play and loose to a team that is about equal to your team, it hurts some to loose that game, might hurt a lot. It could be a home court thing, it could be the other team made a big play....you get 'em next time

When you watch your team play and loose to a team that is far inferior to your team, well you just walk away in dis-believe. Thats how it was Tuesday night. The Indians talent level is thru the roof compared the what SH has on the court. The Toppers have 1 player that would get playing time on a typical Topper team. This is not a typical Topper team. It has to be the worst team I have ever seen play for Science Hill, without question, it is and I have seen their teams play since '77 - this Topper team has players that can't dribble getting playing time. Their fans know it too.... half of them left as soon as the girls game was over. It was the smallest crowd I have ever seen at the Topper Palace for a DB -SH game.

DB played a bad a game, no question. Terrible shooting, not that the Toppers defense was great, it was nothing...just a bad a game by the Indians.

Hey WaCo... get your laundry caught up

So, DB just can't get over some kind of mental thing in JC.

When you watch your team play and loose to a better team, well, you can accept it and go on and feel good that you gave it a try but the other team is just better

When you watch your team play and loose to a team that is about equal to your team, it hurts some to loose that game, might hurt a lot. It could be a home court thing, it could be the other team made a big play....you get 'em next time

When you watch your team play and loose to a team that is far inferior to your team, well you just walk away in dis-believe. Thats how it was Tuesday night. The Indians talent level is thru the roof compared the what SH has on the court. The Toppers have 1 player that would get playing time on a typical Topper team. This is not a typical Topper team. It has to be the worst team I have ever seen play for Science Hill, without question, it is and I have seen their teams play since '77 - this Topper team has players that can't dribble getting playing time. Their fans know it too.... half of them left as soon as the girls game was over. It was the smallest crowd I have ever seen at the Topper Palace for a DB -SH game.

DB played a bad a game, no question. Terrible shooting, not that the Toppers defense was great, it was nothing...just a bad a game by the Indians.

Hey WaCo... get your laundry caught up

Hey thats Okay. Morgan doesn't even care about winning until January. It's all just practice until then. RIGHT?

Edited by WaCoJaCo

numuts,

I started a topic in the Football forum but figured I'd bring the question here cause you might know. What's the story on Mikey White? Heard that as of this week he's no longer at SH and has transferred to Crockett. The kid was turning into a pretty good player on the football field. Why would he transfer to Crockett when their football team is awful? I could see maybe DB, TN High, Elizabethon etc if he wasn't happy at SH but from all accounts, he was. He was still enrolled last week and from what I was told made no mention of possibly transferring. Something seems fishy about this. 

Edited by AlumnI01