Overton's Terry Anderson retires

workinprogress

Usually metro opens a job even if they already know who they want. This will probably happen. If so the sooner the better but I don't think they will be in a hurry. If they hire from within I would say the two already mentioned in Campbell and mcphail. Out of the two probably mcphail simply because I'm not sure Campbell wants it and I'm pretty confident mcphail does. Outside of the current staff no telling who will apply. If I'm Overton I promote from within. They need to keep some stability and I think if it's from within the rest of the staff would stay and that would be good for the kids. But you never know they may want some fresh coaches.

Work, they are required by law to "open" the job even if they already know who they want. It still has to be posted and the whole dog and pony show must be held. Shuler has to play the game.

Tell your father I hope he enjoys retirement. He can get with Shadow and Run the Ball and the Bubster and compare notes.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know Campbell personally but he is a heck of a coach. And from what I have seen his teams are hard nosed. Overton has had much success but loss a lot of talent due to their offensive scheme. They have had no use of wide receivers so they all choose to go to the surrounding schools. Campbell always has a receiver or two that gets the ball several times. And I personally know they Antioch principal and know that for a fact.

I don't know Campbell personally but he is a heck of a coach. And from what I have seen his teams are hard nosed. Overton has had much success but loss a lot of talent due to their offensive scheme. They have had no use of wide receivers so they all choose to go to the surrounding schools. Campbell always has a receiver or two that gets the ball several times. And I personally know they Antioch principal and know that for a fact.

Wow again!!!

Polecat Overton has had a need for wrs however most of ghe time there either hasn't been a qb who could get wrs the ball or there haven't been wrs who could catch. Hence the ground and pound offense. However if you have been around Overton and paid attention they did run a spread package when they had the personnel to do so. Example, Amadi is a great running qb but is an awful passing qb. Several years ago Overton had a qb with a rocket of an arm, played baseball, but he had no one to throw to. It is what it is. Always a need for a fullback though! Haha

Anderson has had a great career and has been a great leader for his kids. The job is Campbell's as it should be. He was asked to apply for the Antioch job last spring but remained loyal to the Overton program. He was sucessful coach at HLs and they always competed and he brings a lot of support with him. He will bring new life to the program with a new offensive scheme but as well supply you with smash mouth football. HE is a great motivator as well as a great math teacher. Im pretty sure the principal wants to keep him in their program, so The job will be his

Chris Crawford has been coaching at Overton under Anderson for many years.  The kids would respond well to this transition.  Couldn't ask for a better person to follow Anderson imo. 

Polecat Overton has had a need for wrs however most of ghe time there either hasn't been a qb who could get wrs the ball or there haven't been wrs who could catch. Hence the ground and pound offense. However if you have been around Overton and paid attention they did run a spread package when they had the personnel to do so. Example, Amadi is a great running qb but is an awful passing qb. Several years ago Overton had a qb with a rocket of an arm, played baseball, but he had no one to throw to. It is what it is. Always a need for a fullback though! Haha

Well said work... I wasn't in no way saying coach Anderson's tactics were wrong by no means. I agree with you.. And yes Amandi can't throw like one would like, even though he threw a couple good ones against Indy last week..