Trousdale visits GCA

Raven52

I was told today that it's turf?

It is. I think it's pretty cool that any school can raise that type of money for a turf field. Of course I'm a little partial to ours, but they probably have a soccer team and maybe lacrosse, so I can see the justification.

We've always seemed to fair pretty well on it. Seems like we get an extra spring in our step.

Why yes sir!! I've met a few pretty good ole boys on here. Should be a pretty good coacht crowd. You name the time and place. How many people will your visiting side accommodate?

Btw, you are pretty warm on the offensive playmakers.

It will only seat a little over 500 but a lot of visitors bring blankets and chairs and sit on the South End Zone Hill. You can go to our web site at www.gcafootball.org and see the stadium. A group of volunteer parents work all day on Friday cleaning & setting up the stadium so I will be there before 9:00 am, Just stop by and check out the field it is really a nice layout, just not many seats. Most games are standing room only!

It will only seat a little over 500 but a lot of visitors bring blankets and chairs and sit on the South End Zone Hill. You can go to our web site at www.gcafootball.org and see the stadium. A group of volunteer parents work all day on Friday cleaning & setting up the stadium so I will be there before 9:00 am, Just stop by and check out the field it is really a nice layout, just not many seats. Most games are standing room only!

Well Guru... you may have five hundred before lunch!! We will travel well. Probably bring more than anyone in your district...twice as many as some. How big is the home side? We may need to swap.

Is there a minimum seating rule that a football stadium must hold in order to host a game of this magnitude? I know in basketball to host a sub-state game there is. Just curious...

Well Guru... you may have five hundred before lunch!! We will travel well. Probably bring more than anyone in your district...twice as many as some. How big is the home side? We may need to swap.

It was raining & cold when we played them. Probably the smallest Oneida road crew I've saw all year including the Watertown trip & we pretty well filled the visitor side. Y'all may take over the place.

....and if you have away free tickets, you could probably get a large crew from over here to take care of all of that prep work for you guys.

I guess you forgot the TSSAA is in charge of gate, no free tix for this game, even I have to pay to get in after cleaning up all day. And don't worry about the min seats for a playoff game. There are 500 visitor seats and 2000 home seats, and we had over 3000 one game and 3500 at another game this year. We do need to expand to get everyone a seat, but that will have to wait, we are tapped out after the turf field. I know people don't believe me when I say this but we are a blue collar private school, usually both parents working to send our kids to a great school for prep for college, my choice but my retirement is going to my kids education. 

I guess you forgot the TSSAA is in charge of gate, no free tix for this game, even I have to pay to get in after cleaning up all day. And don't worry about the min seats for a playoff game. There are 500 visitor seats and 2000 home seats, and we had over 3000 one game and 3500 at another game this year. We do need to expand to get everyone a seat, but that will have to wait, we are tapped out after the turf field. I know people don't believe me when I say this but we are a blue collar private school, usually both parents working to send our kids to a great school for prep for college, my choice but my retirement is going to my kids education.

It's all good, Guru. You won't hear me crying a bit over the public/private debate. We've had to deal with them for years...and faired pretty well too. It is what it is. A mans gotta do what he thinks is the best for his family.

We know all about the T$$AA. No telling how much money we've made them, or that they have cost us, over the years.

There have been a lot of people in eastern part of the state that have been waiting all year for this matchup. If there is only 3500 in attendance, I'll be highly disappointed.

Crow...how many would you say we brought to this game in '97 and '08?

I guess you forgot the TSSAA is in charge of gate, no free tix for this game, even I have to pay to get in after cleaning up all day. And don't worry about the min seats for a playoff game. There are 500 visitor seats and 2000 home seats, and we had over 3000 one game and 3500 at another game this year. We do need to expand to get everyone a seat, but that will have to wait, we are tapped out after the turf field. I know people don't believe me when I say this but we are a blue collar private school, usually both parents working to send our kids to a great school for prep for college, my choice but my retirement is going to my kids education.

Tapped out? You're still putting in $90,000 worth of baseball turf and are in the process of building a new strength & conditioning facility that after construction still has a 6 figure budget for new equipment. Tapped out :lol: