Semi-Final UNION CITY VS. NCS

JDOGG80

I feel pretty confident that after facing Huntington last year and knowing that UC would be the likely opponent at this point this year, that the NCS staff will have done their homework on how to best defend the UC offense. It won't be easy for sure.

Swo, any chance we can get your son to arrange an Air Force flyover during the National Anthem on Friday night. :D Seriously, I too want to send my thanks for his service.

We may watch many years of football before we see another kid run an offense like that Warbritton kid did. And he sprinted to the sideline to get the next play call. Simply amazing.

Big Swo how does this years UC team compare to last years Huntingdon team running the ball? Do they have a back that would compare with Huntingdon qb last last year?

There are a lot of parts to our team that have made it click this year.  One of them has definitely been our qb.  I think many of us may have been more than a little concerned about that position in preseason and after the first game.  Throughout the season our qb has taken some hard licks, kept his composure, and brought us back from behind.  He's made passes when needed and has run the ball when needed. He's got enough athleticism and speed to get the job done.  He's been good at making his reads and has minimized fumbled handoff exchanges.  For the offense we run, he's been a really good fit.

Who's got pitch man, and if your LBs starting gettin up field, what stops a quick dump pass? Who do you think the lineman is going after, after he lets the DE free?

you didn't read my post earlier, outside lb got pitch man 

with that being said, if the d end crashes down and stops the inside handoff, NCS is fast enough its going to be tough to get to the outside.  

Theres a reason why no good college or pro program runs the veer successfully anymore, if your dlineman crash in, and your secondary and lb are athletic enough, they will just string it to the sideline every play.  The veer works great in high school, especially at low level single A level because most teams can't match the speed of the teams that run it successfully.  

Edited by Monkey Wrench

Warbritton was a special kid.  One of the hardest, toughest players I've seen play.  But he ran most of their offense and had most of their yards..he was a Mr. Football Finalist also.  Our kids are different as they all share in the ball handling..including the Q B.  I will say this.....a high percentage of west Tennessee class A teams has made it to the finals over the past 10 years.  We beat up on each other all season long.  I would be willing to say...compare region 13 and 14 A regions against the others in the state...many other Class A schools across the state couldn't compete day in and day out in 13 and 14 A region.  they are both very very tough regions.  Not trash talking either here..just making a point..  There are great teams out there...and always South Pitt.  Just ask South Pitt about the Veer Union City runs....

Edited by ucdiditagain

Warbritton was a special kid. One of the hardest, toughest players I've seen play. But he ran most of their offense and had most of their yards..he was a Mr. Football Finalist also. Our kids are different as they all share in the ball handling..including the Q B. I will say this.....a high percentage of west Tennessee class A teams has made it to the finals over the past 10 years. We beat up on each other all season long. I would be willing to say...compare region 13 and 14 A regions against the others in the state...many other Class A schools across the state couldn't compete day in and day out in 13 and 14 A region. they are both very very tough regions. Not trash talking either here..just making a point.. There are great teams out there...and always South Pitt. Just ask South Pitt about the Veer Union City runs....

The last two state championships sp lost was by the veer. UC in 09 and WC in 2011.

Are you getting ready for next year? Go to the basketball section your season is done! Nobody cares what you think!

Lol....why you mad bro? Look, I just like talking football. Heck, I just like football period. Both of these teams have done well this year. I know I don't have a dog in the fight, but I'm just ready to see two good teams play good football. There are plenty of others that have nothing to do with these teams on here talking a bunch crap. I haven't said a bad thing about either....but hey, I'll leave you alone....he gone.

There are a lot of parts to our team that have made it click this year.  One of them has definitely been our qb.  I think many of us may have been more than a little concerned about that position in preseason and after the first game.  Throughout the season our qb has taken some hard licks, kept his composure, and brought us back from behind.  He's made passes when needed and has run the ball when needed. He's got enough athleticism and speed to get the job done.  He's been good at making his reads and has minimized fumbled handoff exchanges.  For the offense we run, he's been a really good fit.

Great assessment and I totally agree!

Big Swo how does this years UC team compare to last years Huntingdon team running the ball? Do they have a back that would compare with Huntingdon qb last last year?

Huntington's team last year was awesome.  Not able to match an UC back to compare with Warbritton from last year.  He was very good player who had a special "in the zone" year last year.  Hard for me to say, at this point, how we would compare to Huntingdon's team last year when we got drilled by almost 40 points by them in the playoffs. 

We do appreciate the Huntingdon support this year just like we supported you last year. 

A player like Jacob Warbritton can not be compared to in my opinion. We don't have one player to carry the load quite like Jacob did. That kid was a freak and I mean that in the best possible way. We do have a solid group of kids who can run by committee. That's the best answer I have on that.