Blackman at Maryville.

tennesseestud2013

Bobby Scott- a famous UT QB stated that he was not impressed with GQ's former QB. Because of his attitude. Maybe that came later

Ya a kid with over a 4.0 GPA who beats Fla at the Swamp and then TN at Neyland as a Red Shirt Freshman and Celebrates by being Happy must have a terrible attitude ... lol 

Bobby Scott : Ya know , uh , uh ya , ya Know , Uh , Uh , ya You Know .... I can't uh , ya Know Stand these Kids ya know , uh , ya ya know who think they're all Smart , uh , ya know , uh , uh just because they , uh , ya know , uh , uh have a 4.0 GPA ... Uh ya know ? 

Hey I like Bobby Scott , I like all of our Former Players , it doesn't mean they're all always right though ... uh , ya know , uhhh 

• Upvote 1

I have spoken to Robinette before when he was at Maryville. Bad attitude is definitely the last thing that would have ever come to my mind to describe that kid lol.

I did not say it. It was the 4.0 taunting that he did in the endzone that set Bob off. I mean my position Coach used to tell me to act like that I have been there before..

I don't think anyone has made the claim (Maryville or any other TN team) that they are National champs. At the end of every year there never is a unanimous choice for the #1 HS football team in the nation. On poll or publication declares their favorite #1, and yet another declares someone different. So what does that ever prove?

There are a few things, however,  that are facts concerning this thread.

1. Maryville has won more games over the last 10 years with GQ than any other program in the country. Alcoa's coach Rankin is 2nd.

2. Maryville defeated a very formidable and impressive Blackman team with an equally impressive fan base.

3. When Maryville plays Hendersonville Saturday, the winner will be the state champs. I look for the game to be played with skill and dignity from both teams as was the Blackman game.

All this blather over national teams, strength of schedule, ancient glory of other teams long out of contention for any title, attitude of former players, etc. won't mean a thing when they award the gold ball to the winners of the games this weekend. If it did matter, then the playoffs would be meaningless.

What does have meaning is the preparation Maryville and Hendersonville is making for a game that still does matter.

I think some on here would do well to look up Desiderata, read it, apply it, and then consider what they post, and if they even have to.

I don't think anyone has made the claim (Maryville or any other TN team) that they are National champs. At the end of every year there never is a unanimous choice for the #1 HS football team in the nation. On poll or publication declares their favorite #1, and yet another declares someone different. So what does that ever prove?

There are a few things, however,  that are facts concerning this thread.

1. Maryville has won more games over the last 10 years with GQ than any other program in the country. Alcoa's coach Rankin is 2nd.

2. Maryville defeated a very formidable and impressive Blackman team with an equally impressive fan base.

3. When Maryville plays Hendersonville Saturday, the winner will be the state champs. I look for the game to be played with skill and dignity from both teams as was the Blackman game.

All this blather over national teams, strength of schedule, ancient glory of other teams long out of contention for any title, attitude of former players, etc. won't mean a thing when they award the gold ball to the winners of the games this weekend. If it did matter, then the playoffs would be meaningless.

What does have meaning is the preparation Maryville and Hendersonville is making for a game that still does matter.

I think some on here would do well to look up Desiderata, read it, apply it, and then consider what they post, and if they even have to.

No one (can) dispute GQ's winning record in TN.   If Winning or Winningest

Like Phil Fulmer (at one time in College) he may be the winning est Coach in High school in the Country .. But, based on beating teams in  TN?. Maybe TN is a powerhouse of Football.

Maybe I missed it.

My point is - the level of Competition is in Question for  me.

Sweet said that GQ just beats people that are put in front of him. This is true

. But…….

Has GQ beat the best Competition in the country? 

Look up the strength of Schedule and level of Competition  while we are all looking things up

Edited by bladerunner

GQ competes against tough competition that is loaded with D1 talent almost every year in the state championship.  Last season he took a team to state that had 0 D1 players and 0 D2 players and still managed to compete with Whitehaven that had more D1 talent than they knew what to do with.  The year before in the 2011 State Championship, Maryville had 2 D1 athletes.  Yet again Whitehaven had more D1 talent than they knew what to do with and GQ coached them to a victory.  I'm telling you it's the same way every year.  GQ and the Rebels are clearly outmatched on paper and somehow they always manage to win or keep the game very close.  There are no high school coaches in this state and probably very few in this country that can be as competitive as he his with the quality of players he's given.  The man is a heck of a coach and I gurantee you can put any team on the field against him and his team is going to play that team tough. 

GQ competes against tough competition that is loaded with D1 talent almost every year in the state championship.  Last season he took a team to state that had 0 D1 players and 0 D2 players and still managed to compete with Whitehaven that had more D1 talent than they knew what to do with.  The year before in the 2011 State Championship, Maryville had 2 D1 athletes.  Yet again Whitehaven had more D1 talent than they knew what to do with and GQ coached them to a victory.  I'm telling you it's the same way every year.  GQ and the Rebels are clearly outmatched on paper and somehow they always manage to win or keep the game very close.  There are no high school coaches in this state and probably very few in this country that can be as competitive as he his with the quality of players he's given.  The man is a heck of a coach and I gurantee you can put any team on the field against him and his team is going to play that team tough. 

Oh yeah, Tn is loaded with D 1 talent for sure