Blackman at Maryville.

tennesseestud2013

I was hoping for an Oakland win, but I think the Blaze might put up a good fight in warm ups...LOL!! Seriously I think they wanted to travel to East TN more than Oakland. After the whipping the Rebels put on Sevier County for the second time this year, and doing it w/o their senior RB, I just hope that Blackman charters some comfy buses..... Their young men are going to need something to relax in on the way home.........RatPack..........

If it was Oakland playing Maryville it might have been a good game but I don't see Blackman challenging Maryville at all. Rebels cruise in this one.

Well, if Oakland vs. Maryville would have been a good game, then Blackman vs. Maryville will be even better because Blackman is better at this point in the season. Can't wait to take in this ballgame as I'll be in East Tennessee for the Holiday.

Well, if Oakland vs. Maryville would have been a good game, then Blackman vs. Maryville will be even better because Blackman is better at this point in the season. Can't wait to take in this ballgame as I'll be in East Tennessee for the Holiday.

I have seen this utter disrespect for a team like this in the past and it has turned out to be much different than expected. I know full well how good Maryville is, but I believe people are drastically underestimating Blackman.....

It will be a tough contest. Maryville may win and win big, but this will be the biggest team we faced this year, and the fastest. I look for it to be more of a struggle than anyone we have faced this year. They also seem very focused after their loss in KY.

I'm not going to get too smug about this one either. I'm pulling for Maryville and think they win it, but I think Blackman will come ready to play will be formidable.

I have seen this utter disrespect for a team like this in the past and it has turned out to be much different than expected. I know full well how good Maryville is, but I believe people are drastically underestimating Blackman.....

I don't think it is a matter of people underestimating Blackman. I think people just know how good Maryville is. Blackman has obviously had a very good season regardless of the outcome at Maryville. I expect Blackman will be ready to play but Maryville has to be considered the prohibitive favorite going into this game.

Edited by Norman Dale

Maryville fans....and I am one... If you think Maryville will roll on Blackman as they have everyone else this season.....you have a surprise in store. Like it or not, East Tennessee 6a football is very weak this year. Maryville hasn't come close to facing a challenge this season like the one they will face next Friday night. Maryville will be at a disadvantage on size and speed, and Blackman's coach and staff are very good. The Rebels will play with Blackman but you are kidding yourself if you think they will roll.