Blackman at Maryville.

tennesseestud2013

The trash talking and resulting code of conduct sermons are certainly more entertaining but back to the upcoming game analysis. I haven't seen Blackman play but in reading the DNJ article this morning, I see where Blackman rushed for 317 yards against Oakland but was only 1-5 passing for one yard. I know Jennings is a highly regarded qb prospect. Is he more of a runner than passer? Is Blackman as one dimensional on offense as those stats seem to indicate?

Disclaimer - this is not intended to be a "flame" post. I am pulling for Maryville. I know what Maryville is all about... just trying to find out a little info about Blackman. Thanks.

As of 10/22 according to Blaze web page

Jauan Jennings 77 38 770 11

I had pleasure of watching BHS and Indy play this year (BHS won 46-7)

Few things stood out / they made Vic Wharton UT 2014 commit afraid to touch the ball

The BHS d was one of the best I have seen up close, big and fast.They execute & keep their assignments well.

On O they have a big bruising /physical line with a very good running game.

JJ is a stud , almost Terrell Pryor feel to him, but I don't think he will beat you with his arm.....

In order to win I think JJ needs to complete some passes .....

MHS tighten the chin strap this will be the biggest test of the year ,and one where you will get some bumps and bruises.....

I have seen this utter disrespect for a team like this in the past and it has turned out to be much different than expected. I know full well how good Maryville is, but I believe people are drastically underestimating Blackman.....

I agree with this. Yes Maryville is very talented, but anybody who gets to the fourth round of the playoffs has to be pretty good. I just hope Maryville doesn't underestimate them like they did Bradley Central. If the Rebels underestimate the Blaze, there's no "second-half chance". The Blaze impressively beat a very good Oakland team at their place, and Maryville put a whoopin on Sevier Co even w/o Shawn Prevo. If he attends practice, Maryville has the upper hand. If he doesn't play, Blackman has a better chance for a game (obviously). Maryville is favored by 10, but depending on Prevo, it could be more or less.

Lets get everybody up to speed....

All the coaches shows and highlights from several Blackman games this year can be found here.....

http://www.youtube.com/user/StorkMontgomery/videos

Texted Shad last night ....I will see him Tuesday....and post it Tuesday evening....

www.storkmontgomery.com

also we run

www.sonnygray2.com

Edited by StorkMontgomery

Lets get everybody up to speed....

All the coaches shows and highlights from several Blackman games this year can be found here.....

http://www.youtube.com/user/StorkMontgomery/videos

Texted Shad last night ....I will see him Tuesday....and post it Tuesday evening....

www.storkmontgomery.com

also we run

www.sonnygray2.com

Speaking of YouTube ; lets take a quick break from BHS vs MHS

let's talk about a friend of MHS (Ensworth) and Bowers suspended for title game-

Watch video

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=WXq0l0ZgtVs&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DWXq0l0ZgtVs%26feature%3Dyoutu.be

I guess this is how the big time feels? I feel like a Freshman at the prom. I hope someone will ask me to dance and I don't throw up. Big week coming up. Call Grayhound fo tickets, gotta renta tux, get hair did, teefus cleaned. Shoot I gone be sooo buzy!

P.S Was this thread really started by a Dobbins Bennett fan? I guess that's one way to get to the semi's! :popcorneater:

Really.... I mean really.... Can a guy keep up with other teams in the state beside their own. I call that being shallow. just saying not to mention ignorant.That is the problem with some people. it is called a one-track mind. I have never bashed Maryville or Blackman, but insist on judging me like the rest of some DB fans. Again, that is a one-track, shallow, and ignorant comment. 

Edited by tennesseestud2013

Speaking of YouTube ; lets take a quick break from BHS vs MHS

let's talk about a friend of MHS (Ensworth) and Bowers suspended for title game-

Watch video

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=WXq0l0ZgtVs&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DWXq0l0ZgtVs%26feature%3Dyoutu.be

Cheap shot for sure but why did the commentator need to take shots at UT? "Have fun losing in Rocky Top". (?) Ironically he made the comment while blasting someone else on class. 

Cheap shot for sure but why did the commentator need to take shots at UT? "Have fun losing in Rocky Top". (?) Ironically he made the comment while blasting someone else on class.

Very true about that !!!! I think maybe the kid that pushed him out is heading to UT next year ... My question why did the Qb not just take a knee?

Anyways game time

MHS how is your Qb can he pass?

Only reason I ask is I think BHS will shut down your run Prevo or not ?

Very true about that !!!! I think maybe the kid that pushed him out is heading to UT next year ... My question why did the Qb not just take a knee?

Anyways game time

MHS how is your Qb can he pass?

Only reason I ask is I think BHS will shut down your run Prevo or not ?

Yes he can pass , very well . What do you mean by shut down ? As in not able to run at all ?