Blackman at Maryville.

tennesseestud2013

It always amazes me this time of year ... all these other teams are out and that is when everybody comes and puts their 2 cents worth in , and people like you who have been on CoachT  a long time and you don't even pay attention to who is saying what . There is not one actual Maryville fan above who is talking big and bad . Maryville respects Blackman and most real Maryville fans have seen tape of them playing and know we have a fight on our hands coming . Seriously , it isn't the trolls , hanger ons and all the others that amaze me , it's guys who want to criticize an entire team and fan base without even having a clue who the real Maryville fans are !

Wow seriously?; I believe I have always been pretty respectful towards the Maryville fanbase/posters b/c I feel you guys are as classy as your team is good for the most part (always a few bad apples). Trust me, I noticed when I posted that "none" of the guys showing disrespect to Blackman were the Maryville faithful (just didnt see the need to point it out). I was addressing those over-looking Blackman, regardless of what fanbase they belong to. So w/ that said, I was in NO way criticizing your entire fanbase. I always post value and good informed knowledge on coacht so please dont categorize me as a troll..... :thumb:

Edited by Kevin38

Stork good stuff....As for your question about pressbox space, I think there is a possibility that this game will be televised locally.....So that will make it tight.....There is no platform on the top of the pressbox at Mairvul....Hope this helps....Hopefully me and crew can catch up with you and TK before the game for a pregame meal etc..... :popcorneater:

Well guess we will try to film the top from the stands somewhere on Blackman side if its possible....figure it out when I get there...I know I can run my low view...not worried about that....fans usually cooperate with us....they understand the mission...

Yeah we plan on getting in to town early...Kreager is all fired up...let me know where....its your town....looking forward to seeing everybody....

Well guess we will try to film the top from the stands somewhere on Blackman side if its possible....figure it out when I get there...I know I can run my low view...not worried about that....fans usually cooperate with us....they understand the mission...

Yeah we plan on getting in to town early...Kreager is all fired up...let me know where....its your town....looking forward to seeing everybody....

I think that Maryville AD may provide you with a lift platform for the visitors side but Iam not 100% sure.

Wow seriously?; I believe I have always been pretty respectful towards the Maryville fanbase/posters b/c I feel you guys are as classy as your team is good for the most part (always a few bad apples). Trust me, I noticed when I posted that "none" of the guys showing disrespect to Blackman were the Maryville faithful (just didnt see the need to point it out). I was addressing those over-looking Blackman, regardless of what fanbase they belong to. So w/ that said, I was in NO way criticizing your entire fanbase. I always post value and good informed knowledge on coacht so please dont categorize me as a troll..... :thumb:

K38 ,  We understand, no offense taken by this MARYVILLE fan.  Trust me when I say that Blackmon is very respected here and will not be overlooked at all. Safe travels see you Friday.

Very true about that !!!! I think maybe the kid that pushed him out is heading to UT next year ... My question why did the Qb not just take a knee?

Anyways game time

MHS how is your Qb can he pass?

Only reason I ask is I think BHS will shut down your run Prevo or not ?

Well you got me curious so I put together the stats as near as I can figure them. The Daily Times runs a box score each week after the game. Can't tell how much of this is Garrett and how much of it is Carroll as far as yards and TDs; Carroll threw for a few after some games were in hand, and some others earlier on in some games too for that matter if I remember correctly. And they didn't list INTs at all in some of the box scores so I couldn't get those together with any hope of accuracy. Anyway here's the numbers:

vs Webb: 13-17 for 166 and 2td

vs Alcoa:  4-10 for 129 and 2td

vs West:  6-16 for 60 and 0td

vs Hardin Valley:  16-20 for 247 and 1td

vs Sevier County:  10-14 for 180 and 2td

vs Heritage:  10-13 for 86 and 1td

vs Lenoir City: 15-19 for 288 and 3td

vs William Blount:  8-13 for 147 and 1td

vs Bearden:  11-15 for 192 and 3td

vs Farragut:  13-20 for 274 and 2td

vs Bradley Central: 9-13 for 140 and 3td

vs Morristown East: 9-10 for 153 and 4td

vs Sevier County:  6-9 for 136 and 2td

Totals: 130-189 (68.8%) for 2198 yards (169 ypg) and 26 TDs

Anyway the short version is that Maryville's always a balanced, pick your poison sort of team offensively, and pretty astute at reading what the defense is giving them.

I think that Maryville AD may provide you with a lift platform for the visitors side but Iam not 100% sure.

that's just it....I am really just a guy who supports these kids from our area...Blackman, Oakland, Siegel and Riverdale all give me access during the regular season...so I generally follow those teams...Playoffs different story...I come in on a press pass.

I will cooperate with what I am given....but looking forward to pushing record .....

Good luck this week Maryville...this West fan will be rooting for you guys! Quick question is your game the prepxtra TV game of the week?

Yes it is being broadcast by Packer and his friends......as much as he hates Maryville....LOL!!!.........RatPack.........

Edited by RatPack

I didn't know Stephen Childs was coaching at Maryville.....

Pep, Stephen maid tha onlee scorr fer Mairvul inn thait gaim agin Mellrows inn 2004....

Butt tha play thait stood out fer me inn thait gaim wuz when'st Graig Cooper (formur Mellrows and Miami Hurry-cain) broak loose once and Stephen tackulled him inn tha opun feeled and maid tha play two save thait gaim.....

One ov tha playurs on tham teem tolt me thay wint out two toss tha coin and Graig haid a big old grill sparklin' and hitt shocked him.....He said he thawt abowt Jaws frum "007"....And when'st eye saw hiz pitchur at tha end ov tha gaim eye thawt abowt "007" two....."Tha Man Wif Tha Goldun Grill"......... :blush:

Edited by STARSNBARS

I'm always amazed how a group of posters, even a group of ex experienced football players from all levels can determine how focused a group of 16-18 year old players are. Being focused at the HS level in my opinion is based upon the ability, knowledge, charisma and personality of the coaches. Between the average players, the largest group by far on any team is about the same. If the players and their families buy into and support the core of the coaches then all is ready to win.

That is very true, but also, the fact that they advance this far every year gives the younger players the experience as they see how the juniors and seniors conduct themselves when there are few teams left and the lights start to shine brighter.....

I have seen this utter disrespect for a team like this in the past and it has turned out to be much different than expected. I know full well how good Maryville is, but I believe people are drastically underestimating Blackman.....

Well my bad Kevin38 , maybe you should of mentioned that you realized the " utter disrespect " was from Non Maryville fans , then I would of known that . Sorry if I took it out on you , but this year I've heard so much Crap about Arrogant Maryville fans when the majority of times they're talking about non Maryville fans . I apologize if I wrongly lumped you into that group . 

btw Kevin , nowhere did I call you a Troll , you misunderstood me , I know you're not . 

Edited by pepvol

Well you got me curious so I put together the stats as near as I can figure them. The Daily Times runs a box score each week after the game. Can't tell how much of this is Garrett and how much of it is Carroll as far as yards and TDs; Carroll threw for a few after some games were in hand, and some others earlier on in some games too for that matter if I remember correctly. And they didn't list INTs at all in some of the box scores so I couldn't get those together with any hope of accuracy. Anyway here's the numbers:

vs Webb: 13-17 for 166 and 2td

vs Alcoa: 4-10 for 129 and 2td

vs West: 6-16 for 60 and 0td

vs Hardin Valley: 16-20 for 247 and 1td

vs Sevier County: 10-14 for 180 and 2td

vs Heritage: 10-13 for 86 and 1td

vs Lenoir City: 15-19 for 288 and 3td

vs William Blount: 8-13 for 147 and 1td

vs Bearden: 11-15 for 192 and 3td

vs Farragut: 13-20 for 274 and 2td

vs Bradley Central: 9-13 for 140 and 3td

vs Morristown East: 9-10 for 153 and 4td

vs Sevier County: 6-9 for 136 and 2td

Totals: 130-189 (68.8%) for 2198 yards (169 ypg) and 26 TDs

Impressive stats and how bout that 69% pass completion

Anyway the short version is that Maryville's always a balanced, pick your poison sort of team offensively, and pretty astute at reading what the defense is giving them.