Blackman at Maryville.

tennesseestud2013

Very true about that !!!! I think maybe the kid that pushed him out is heading to UT next year ... My question why did the Qb not just take a knee?

Anyways game time

MHS how is your Qb can he pass?

Only reason I ask is I think BHS will shut down your run Prevo or not ?

QB can pass, and is very effective runner as well. Also have other backs besides Prevo who do a good job. If they can completely shut our running game down I will be impressed. Looking forward to playing a team we have never played before. Great challenge for us for sure. 

I agree, Maryville is playing with the foot to the podal. Theae guy are on aonther level right now.

Good luck Blaze, it will be toughest game you will play all year, even above the Kentucky team you guys played this year.

The Kentucky team wasn't that great of a challenge, it was a little home official cookin... Great game for the Blaze to step up for the playoffs.

Maryville has yet to be tested this season. The real test is coming!

that's just it....I am really just a guy who supports these kids from our area...Blackman, Oakland, Siegel and Riverdale all give me access during the regular season...so I generally follow those teams...Playoffs different story...I come in on a press pass.

I will cooperate with what I am given....but looking forward to pushing record .....

Stork if you haven't been to MHS before.....It is old school.....There is no track....You are extremely close to the field....If you can get anywhere on the homeside high enough, you would have very good sightlines for "upper view" clips...... :popcorneater:

Pep, Stephen maid tha onlee scorr fer Mairvul inn thait gaim agin Mellrows inn 2004....

Butt tha play thait stood out fer me inn thait gaim wuz when'st Graig Cooper (formur Mellrows and Miami Hurry-cain) broak loose once and Stephen tackulled him inn tha opun feeled and maid tha play two save thait gaim.....

One ov tha playurs on tham teem tolt me thay wint out two toss tha coin and Graig haid a big old grill sparklin' and hitt shocked him.....He said he thawt abowt Jaws frum "007"....And when'st eye saw hiz pitchur at tha end ov tha gaim eye thawt abowt "007" two....."Tha Man Wif Tha Goldun Grill"......... :blush:

I remember that game very well , and I remember going Oh Oh when Cooper got loose ! Was really surprised when Stephen caught him , you're right that was the Play of the game and Maryville probably loses if Stephen hadn't made that play 

Murvulhigh , Cody Carroll only has one pass att I remember , I guess you meant Tyler Vaught ?

Edited by pepvol

Well my bad Kevin38 , maybe you should of mentioned that you realized the " utter disrespect " was from Non Maryville fans , then I would of known that . Sorry if I took it out on you , but this year I've heard so much Crap about Arrogant Maryville fans when the majority of times they're talking about non Maryville fans . I apologize if I wrongly lumped you into that group . 

btw Kevin , nowhere did I call you a Troll , you misunderstood me , I know you're not . 

Hey its all good, I understand its late in the year and how all the attention is being directed towards the only teams remaining and all the "uninformed" posts can get annoying..... :thumb:

The Kentucky team wasn't that great of a challenge, it was a little home official cookin... Great game for the Blaze to step up for the playoffs.

Maryville has yet to be tested this season. The real test is coming!

Webb , Alcoa & West are still playing Football , and Sevier County had 2 losses , both to Maryville  

Sorry blaze fans, but I am flat out racing on this red kool aid. Enjoy the week, enjoy the smack talk, and enjoy the drive down off the plateau. But you should also be realistic. There is a better than average chance you are heading back friday night thinking "how did we lose to that group of little slow kids?" Murvil don't do alot of special things, but they do alot of things in a special way. You will need to see it to believe me. This team is good.

Alot of folks around here will be looking forward to this game. I hope its a good one. I look forward to seeing some family members who are big blaze fans.

I'm always amazed how a group of posters, even a group of ex experienced football players from all levels can determine how focused a group of 16-18 year old players are. Being focused at the HS level in my opinion is based upon the ability, knowledge, charisma and personality of the coaches. Between the average players, the largest group by far on any team is about the same. If the players and their families buy into and support the core of the coaches then all is ready to win.

Maryville's main group of coaches Quarles, Ellis and Gaylor are among the best in the country at fundamentals and conditioning. The kids believe in them and trust them as do we bleacher coaches. I've seen HS football in many other states and I never hear people in the Maryville stands rag or disrespect the coaches the way other fans disrespect their coaches. The kids are preparing again on Thanksgiving and that speaks for its self.

Blackmon congrats on earning a well deserved trip to the BlackHole. Have a fun week. Maryville will be ready for your challenge.