Blackman at Maryville.

tennesseestud2013

Stork good stuff....As for your question about pressbox space, I think there is a possibility that this game will be televised locally.....So that will make it tight.....There is no platform on the top of the pressbox at Mairvul....Hope this helps....Hopefully me and crew can catch up with you and TK before the game for a pregame meal etc..... :popcorneater:

What the ell, I can read this post. Someone needs to call that law, stars has been abducted! :popcorneater:

Edited by mykidsdad

I like Blackman because they are far more tested and have nothing to lose. Maryville has not been in a close game and if it comes down to that they are not prepared.

Blackman has the same to lose as Maryville, title game or go home. The Reb's players expect to be in this game every season and know that their job is to win state, anything less is subpar. To say that they are not prepared with Quarles and co. on the job is nuts, this is the biggest game the Blackman kids have played, just another game for Maryville that they fully expect to win...they will be prepared. Blackman can win this game, but don't expect to have an advantage in preparation or experience in big games...advantage Maryville.

I like Blackman because they are far more tested and have nothing to lose. Maryville has not been in a close game and if it comes down to that they are not prepared.

You might want to try and find Maryville box scores this year and see how many times they scored in ball games with less than two minutes in the half. It's like watching a pro game on Sunday how they manage to do that almost every game. That is called the G.Q. drill and that's my favorite thing that Maryville does. They break your momentum and your back before going into halftime. Takes a good team to do something like that. 

Edited by BarneySox2007

RP.... me and momma missed tha littull Rats laist nite!!!!

Yeah we missed you guys the past few weeks. Weather is too bad(cold) for the Rebels biggest fan, but he will be there this week for sure no matter the weather!!! And the littlest one will be there too....I think he is ready to be sittin with yuins up top as we took him to Neyland last night for his first bigtime game in class 7A!!! Watched the old Rebel put 7 on them Vols for the win!!!! Sorry we wasn't at church too, overslept.....will be there later tonight................RatPack..................

If we lose to Blackman there is nothing to be ashamed of because they were the better team and the same goes for them.  I'm glad my life doesn't depend on guessing football scores but I do enjoy watching a great brand of football which Maryville has produced year in and year out. It's also great to see that there is a never ending line of great players coming on board so I don't see this ending unless G.Q. takes another job. I also don't expect to win the state every year because that would be nearly impossible but to have reach the final four fourteen years in a row might never be matched again and the streak continues. Should be a great game this week and I really don't have a prediction because I haven't seen them play but I have heard how good they are from people that do know and keep up better than I do.

First off I'd like to say I've been following high school football around here for a long time and Stork you do a phenomenal job each week with your "Inside the Headset" videos, and the game highlights are awesome. I, and I'm sure many others, really appreciate what you do to make high school football special around Murfreesboro.

Secondly, I look forward to making the trip to Maryville to watch this game, considering the last time I was there, 2011 Riverdale game, the fans were awesome and very respectful. For Maryville fans, the Blaze players to watch are #2 QB, #22 RB, #24 RB (If he plays, got hurt last week), #3 LB, and #11 LB. Offensively, Blackman will primarily attack you in the Shotgun formation, although they will line up in the I and Single Back formations and see what the defense is lined up in and proceed to check the play. Out of the Shotgun they will run Speed sweep with #13 or #22 or keep it on a QB power or QB counter. #2 Will beat you if you don't wrap him up, but he is prone to turning the football over. 

I have a pretty decent idea of who I'm going to pick for this week, but I'd like to see if I can find any game tape of Maryville before I make that assumption. 

It's gonna be a good one, fellas.  :popcorneater:

First off I'd like to say I've been following high school football around here for a long time and Stork you do a phenomenal job each week with your "Inside the Headset" videos, and the game highlights are awesome. I, and I'm sure many others, really appreciate what you do to make high school football special around Murfreesboro.

Secondly, I look forward to making the trip to Maryville to watch this game, considering the last time I was there, 2011 Riverdale game, the fans were awesome and very respectful. For Maryville fans, the Blaze players to watch are #2 QB, #22 RB, #24 RB (If he plays, got hurt last week), #3 LB, and #11 LB. Offensively, Blackman will primarily attack you in the Shotgun formation, although they will line up in the I and Single Back formations and see what the defense is lined up in and proceed to check the play. Out of the Shotgun they will run Speed sweep with #13 or #22 or keep it on a QB power or QB counter. #2 Will beat you if you don't wrap him up, but he is prone to turning the football over. 

I have a pretty decent idea of who I'm going to pick for this week, but I'd like to see if I can find any game tape of Maryville before I make that assumption. 

It's gonna be a good one, fellas.  :popcorneater:

Go to NFHSnetwork.com and there are plenty of games to watch. Love to hear your prediction.

lol , Just wish he was wearing Orange !! One of my favorite players of all time totally tore our heart out !! ya pass me that bottle of whiskey guys ... lol 

He could have been wearing the Orange and white but dufus dooley did not want him because he had not played Qb long enough...go figure. Butch did offer him @ Cinncinatti though.  I was mad at the time he scored until I realized it was Patton. Congrats Patton the REBELNATION is proud of you.