Blackman at Maryville.

tennesseestud2013

Lets get this straight: B-L-A-C-K-M-A-N a school in Rutherford County.

B-L-A-C-K-M-O-N a linebacker for the Red Rebels.

THANK YOU! So tired of IGNORANT people spelling 'it' incorrectly!

0907_KCSP_px_maryville7_0387_AL_t607.jpg

Starz is pretty much a stickler on correct spelling too , of course he's always been the smartest one among all of us Maryville fans . Maybe you 2 could have a spelling bee this week , a little pre competition fun between our fan bases ? 

Starz is pretty much a stickler on correct spelling too , of course he's always been the smartest one among all of us Maryville fans . Maybe you 2 could have a spelling bee this week , a little pre competition fun between our fan bases ?

Please dont get me wrong.... I like starz a TON, love 'trying' to read his posts.....but I usually give up because it makes my eyes and head hurt lol.

And, just for the record, I love the fans we have, but when you stand on our sidelines every Friday night "claiming" Blackman loyalty then turn around and bash us on the radio.....yea I have no use for you. Tired of the two faced fans.....either you're with us or against us! Period! There is no gray area here! So STOP kissing rear to Shad if you aren't L-O-Y-A-L!

And, just for the record, I love the fans we have, but when you stand on our sidelines every Friday night "claiming" Blackman loyalty then turn around and bash us on the radio.....yea I have no use for you. Tired of the two faced fans.....either you're with us or against us! Period! There is no gray area here! So STOP kissing rear to Shad if you aren't L-O-Y-A-L!

Man I actually heard Stork Montgomery on that radio show since I was listening to your game and what I heard was a very excited Blackman fan who was trying to show respect to everyone involved . I definitely didn't hear someone being disrespectful to Blackman... the excitement and emotion in his voice told me how much he loved Blackman ... I think you're hearing something that's not there . Sounds like this man gives a lot of his time to help promote all players in your region , including Blackman , I'd love to have someone like him giving so much of his time for these kids in Maryville . 

Man I actually heard Stork Montgomery on that radio show since I was listening to your game and what I heard was a very excited Blackman fan who was trying to show respect to everyone involved . I definitely didn't hear someone being disrespectful to Blackman... the excitement and emotion in his voice told me how much he loved Blackman ... I think you're hearing something that's not there . Sounds like this man gives a lot of his time to help promote all players in your region , including Blackman , I'd love to have someone like him giving so much of his time for these kids in Maryville .

It was a quote straight out of his mouth last night. There were about 10 of us that went to dinner after the game (drove separately) and when we all sat down his statement was the topic of conversation.....we were all shocked and surprised by the statement, but we all heard the exact same thing....it was a major topic mainly because we know he's followed Shad from Smyrna....was the last thing we expected to hear from Stork.

It was a quote straight out of his mouth last night. There were about 10 of us that went to dinner after the game (drove separately) and when we all sat down his statement was the topic of conversation.....we were all shocked and surprised by the statement, but we all heard the exact same thing....it was a major topic mainly because we know he's followed Shad from Smyrna....was the last thing we expected to hear from Stork.

When he said it I thought he was trying to give Blackman credit for beating a team that probably should of beat them , or maybe had more Talent  ... I don't know man he sounded so excited to me that I thought he barely could contain himself . Oh well , maybe I was wrong . 

And believe me, he did sound like a loyal, hardcore fan, but that one statement stood out and shocked all of us....

I really wouldn't hold that against him man he sounded so excited to me that he might not of worded it exactly right , but I definitely thought he was just trying to give Blackman credit for maybe beating a team who might of had more talent . Believe me , as a Maryville fan we hear that all the time and we know it's not a knock on us , but more of a compliment on coaching , although I have seen dads in the past get mad for anyone insinuating their kid might not of been as talented as the other kids ... lol all in the perspective I guess . 

I really wouldn't hold that against him man he sounded so excited to me that he might not of worded it exactly right , but I definitely thought he was just trying to give Blackman credit for maybe beating a team who might of had more talent . Believe me , as a Maryville fan we hear that all the time and we know it's not a knock on us , but more of a compliment on coaching , although I have seen dads in the past get mad for anyone insinuating their kid might not of been as talented as the other kids ... lol all in the perspective I guess .

Very true! Maybe I just expect more out of him because of his 'loyalty' (and others that heard him) that we expect more......oh well.....water under the bridge....on to you guys! :)

Congratulations to BOTH teams for making it this far. This should be a fun game to watch.

For the Maryville folks, Blackman's QB is as talented with his legs as Siegel's was last year with his arm.

Now while anybody with any sense knows Maryville and respects what they have done both in 4A and now in 6A, y'all have to admit seeing so many different schools from Rutherford County at this level should say something positive about football here. It is much like Alcoa and Maryville constantly showing up from y'alls County.

Now as to some details.

Blackman are y'all taking busses and if so can folks from other places ride and for how much?

Maryville folks, what y'all got to eat when folks get there? Do y'all sell stuff from the QB club like Oak Ridge does? If so then do y'all do ribs like Bounder also? Please, Please, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rutherford County folks remember one thing. Maryville is in that ridiculous time zone like Washington DC, so plan accordingly. Mickey's small hand needs to move ahead one hour!

We don't have ribs or hamburgers grilled here like our other schools in the county does. ( that was a hot topic in line Friday on Cedar Street) But we have pizza slices, hot dogs of course, chick fil a sandwiches (been known to run out by halftime) And added this year to the menu Subway sandwiches. There is a new restaurant that's being built across the street, Dead End BBQ that might be open by Friday. I've never eaten at the Knoxville location but I've heard it's very good.

My suggestion on this is for you to talk to him. I see Stork at almost every Blackman game and although we aren't friends per se, we do chat sometimes. We spoke to each other in BG for a few minutes and there is NO DOUBT that he is a Rutherford County football fan! When it's all said and done i have lived in Mboro for my lifetime and anyone who puts as much effort in showcasing our youth deserves our utmost respect and certainly the benefit of the doubt. I didn't hear what was said on the radio so I don't know context but I can assure you he loves Blackman football. Talk to him and you will see.

I got to tell a good story involving murvil's #27. When mine started kindergarten, I was worried he might be way bigger than the rest. My wife took him that first day and said she met another big kid and what his name was. Being connected to youth sports and hearing of a big kid with a name like that, I spent the next several weeks trying to "run into" #27's parents. I finally tracked them down in a basketball gym that winter of his kindergarten year. One thing led to the next and I discovered I was a too late. Big 27 was already committed to mlreb! I could only assume he was getting in early "to learn the system". :rolleyes:

Everyone is right. Super kid (now young man) and a great family. He won't turn 15 until the middle of hoops season. He deserves all the success and accolades he receives. I am really enjoying watching him grow up - and yes he is still growing. He has played a big role this year and done a great job to this untrained eye.

SX....sorry about that but you know the saying....win some...lose some. But you don't give up. His little sister is turning seven this year.