Halls 2014

Space3

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Typical of you Stacey....always looking for a way to put down others...I get it! You experience a little success and adds more fuel to your ego... As often as Campbell County or CC comes up under your name it let's them know that you are somewhat worried about em...jealous of their recent success...I get it.... As for Halls. You never thought CC would compete...Halls has before and it WILL happen again!

I'm being serious when I say this.  I think Halls may have to play a jv and freshmen schedule only next year and try to rebuild from the ground up, like the brand new schools.do.  I feel sorry for the players, they show up day after day, week after week knowing that they are about to get destroyed again and again.  I just don't know how they are going to fix it.  When I asked one of the players that is a family friend what he thought was the problem there.  He said to me " We just don't care anymore"  It's a bad situation, a catch 22.  The good players won't stay home and play for Halls until they win and they aren't going to win until their talent stays home and plays for Halls. 

I'm being serious when I say this. I think Halls may have to play a jv and freshmen schedule only next year and try to rebuild from the ground up, like the brand new schools.do. I feel sorry for the players, they show up day after day, week after week knowing that they are about to get destroyed again and again. I just don't know how they are going to fix it. When I asked one of the players that is a family friend what he thought was the problem there. He said to me " We just don't care anymore" It's a bad situation, a catch 22. The good players won't stay home and play for Halls until they win and they aren't going to win until their talent stays home and plays for Halls.

Bingo ORKat! Couldn't agree more! Love the idea of playing a freshman/jv schedule only.... Our kids need to experience some type of success to get bought in again... It will turn but some type of excitement needs to be generated... I'm working on it

At this point, that might be there best bet.  The only problem with that is the seniors, what do you do with them.  They deserve a chance to compete.  I don't know, it's a tough situation.  But the cycle can be broken.  Carter did it.  They were 1-29 over a three year stretch and they rebuilt that thing.  Although they did drop in classification and then they started winning.  Like I said I feel sorry for the kids and wish them success.  I truly do hope Halls can get it turned around.  The region is just more fun when all the teams are competitive. 

At this point, that might be there best bet.  The only problem with that is the seniors, what do you do with them.  They deserve a chance to compete.  I don't know, it's a tough situation.  But the cycle can be broken.  Carter did it.  They were 1-29 over a three year stretch and they rebuilt that thing.  Although they did drop in classification and then they started winning.  Like I said I feel sorry for the kids and wish them success.  I truly do hope Halls can get it turned around.  The region is just more fun when all the teams are competitive. 

The drop in classification helped Carter tremendously. So did rezoning.

I still think that Halls' biggest problem is location. It's just not a growing/thriving area like it was in the 90s. That doesn't mean that they can't bounce back, but it is going to be VERY difficult to get there when you consider their neighbors are all having success - Gibbs, Powell, Central, and Anderson County are certainly holding their own. And you absolutely cannot lose to Union County (another neighbor), like they did this year.

Do you all realize since the time Halls beat Maryville 21-14 back in 2000 that the Rebels have went 195-7 to date. That's why it's so easy for us to remember that loss because there haven't been very many since then. I sure miss the days when Halls was good because there were many good contest between the two. Hope the program gets fixed there because I do miss those days and I'm sure this has to be real hard on the fans there.

Do you all realize since the time Halls beat Maryville 21-14 back in 2000 that the Rebels have went 195-7 to date. That's why it's so easy for us to remember that loss because there haven't been very many since then. I sure miss the days when Halls was good because there were many good contest between the two. Hope the program gets fixed there because I do miss those days and I'm sure this has to be real hard on the fans there.

I was at that Game with RebelRon , who would of ever dreamed how things would be since that game , Probably one of the most Amazing Stories in the whole Nation for High School Football . I actually think of this every time I see Halls mentioned ... it's almost like there was some Voo Doo Magic from that night that sent these 2 teams in opposite directions ... lol 

( Voo Doo Magic = Coach Quarles )